Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mohammed-eg

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2013
Yes in my 5s i had same issues and location secice crashes setting and when using camera strange hang happens (home button not responding ) i think apple need to fix that ASAP

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Only noticed a handful of minor bugs that were closed as duplicates but still not fixed. One's a bit weird because it was a bug in 7.1 betas, fixed for 7.1 release and then reintroduced for 8.0! The calendar events view toggle isn't highlighted even when active sometimes, e.g. when you tap it whilst scrolling through the months).

System / stability wise it's been pretty good for me.

humar

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2012
Italy
Oh no! Not again!

Attachments

• IMG_1478.PNG
    IMG_1478.PNG
    1,016.7 KB · Views: 117

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
There was a phantom app which was neither installing nor could be uninstalled no matter what.

Darry

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2014
Status bar doesn't change to black on a white wallpaper sometimes on a 5S

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 108

Thoir

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2014
Well my biggest issue is the smooth scrolling not working.
Especially in Safari and inside an email message.

Scrolling is sluggish, its like you sliding on ice and the ice stopped. There is an break when you scroll. It is not how it used to be. I avoid using the browser. And with iCloud SMTP mail is failing on me for the last two days. I skip email all together.

With the smooth scrolling nog working on the iPhone 5. The rest of the iPhone feels heavy as well. Not light as a feather when scrolling and swiping and the like.

I noticed a whole bunch of apps that definitely need an iOS 8 update. I hope all will be resolved next week. Not having the easiness of the smoothness iOS used to know is a no go...

----------

If you swipe up and down in the today panel, it can't be smooth. I've tried this on the 5, 5c, 4s and 5s they all have it. Record it please. :)

Oh I am clearly not the only one having issue with the smoothness or lack of it in iOS 8.

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
I seem to be having issues with Bluetooth and my car. With iOS 7 I could hook my phone up to my car and make and receive calls as you'd expect. Now when I make or receive a call, the Audio will only come through my phone and not the car. Also when I receive calls it says they are coming from myself and not the actual caller :-/

alezano

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2014
Italy
Well my biggest issue is the smooth scrolling not working.
Especially in Safari and inside an email message.

Scrolling is sluggish, its like you sliding on ice and the ice stopped. There is an break when you scroll. It is not how it used to be. I avoid using the browser. And with iCloud SMTP mail is failing on me for the last two days. I skip email all together.

With the smooth scrolling nog working on the iPhone 5. The rest of the iPhone feels heavy as well. Not light as a feather when scrolling and swiping and the like.

I noticed a whole bunch of apps that definitely need an iOS 8 update. I hope all will be resolved next week. Not having the easiness of the smoothness iOS used to know is a no go...

----------

Oh I am clearly not the only one having issue with the smoothness or lack of it in iOS 8.

No you re not. Choppy scrolling in safari on my Ipad Air is what bugs me most. The overall OS is quite choppy, lots of animations are laggy, keyboard+translucency is a total mess. Definetely not the experience I would expect from a 1 year Idevice, with such a powerful CPU.
On my IPhone 5, the situation is a little better, but again not on par with ios 7.1.2. I thought that they would have built ios 8 starting from ios 7.1, but it seems to me the OS regressed a lot.

darkanima

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2014
I don't know if this is a bug, but I've a blank screen in the app store in all tabs except in the updates tab. I've updated not restored from iOS 7.1.2 to iOS 8 GM, I've never installed iOS 8 beta and I'm not a developer so no UDID registered.

I've tried to log out and log in again from my account or restart the phone but nothing seems to fix it. Anyone knows how to fix the problem? If not, this afternoon I'll try to restore the phone to see if this solves the problem.

MacrumoursUser

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2014
Denmark
Well I see:

All kinds of UI glitches
Slow UI randomly
SMS relay doesn't work
Personal hotspots remotely doesn't work
AirPlay icon doesn't show up when playing video in fullscreen
AirPlay device output buble on iPad is too small so you have actually to scroll down to select Apple TV
Just feels laggy compared to iOS 7.1.2

Thoir

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2014
No you re not. Choppy scrolling in safari on my Ipad Air is what bugs me most. The overall OS is quite choppy, lots of animations are laggy, keyboard+translucency is a total mess. Definetely not the experience I would expect from a 1 year Idevice, with such a powerful CPU.
On my IPhone 5, the situation is a little better, but again not on par with ios 7.1.2. I thought that they would have built ios 8 starting from ios 7.1, but it seems to me the OS regressed a lot.

Slightly weird to say that this is good news. While I thought I am the only one. Seeing it could have something to do with a backup or an App I am running etc. To read more people experience this, it might be resolved by next week.

I filed in a bug report. We will see if it gets read.

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
It seems as if the interface lags are getting worse and worse. The Music app lags when scrolling through playlists, the Weather app lags when scrolling just about everywhere. None of these things used to lag on my iPhone 5s with iOS 7. I swear, sometimes it feels like Apple is doing it on purpose to make otherwise perfectly fine hardware appear slow.

Richardgm

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
It seems as if the interface lags are getting worse and worse. The Music app lags when scrolling through playlists, the Weather app lags when scrolling just about everywhere. None of these things used to lag on my iPhone 5s with iOS 7. I swear, sometimes it feels like Apple is doing it on purpose to make otherwise perfectly fine hardware appear slow.

Wow, lagging on the 5S!

Now imagine the amount of lag I experience on my 4S.

OzyOly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2009
Not sure if it's a bug per se, but it's an annoyance.

On my iPhone (uk carrier: Tesco mobile) i don't have the option to enable 3G. It's always on, I'm only given the option to enable Cellular or 4G.

That's the same with most carriers these days.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Noticed sending a photo to iMessage via Photos app resulted in an empty message, whereas sending the photo via Messages app worked fine.

Penderworth

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2011
Portland
Safari has a ton of weird issues rendering forms. Copy and paste flicker a lot as well. The worst issue is a major GUI glitch that happens when you rotate your screen for a video and then flip it back the other way. YouTube looks terrible, but not nearly as bad as Safari.

MacrumoursUser

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2014
Denmark
Anyone having problems with EarPods? My mute/play and volume buttons don't seem to be working after updating, where as they're working fine with my MacBook Pro

I noticed that as well, it was weird because I took a new pair after I washed the old ones. None of the buttons were working, but reconnecting seems to resolve the problem for some time. It comes back again though.

threelions

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2013
I think they look awful now.

The clock thing seems a really weird design choice. Looked fine before, not sure why you would make such a change.

I've only got it on my Ipad Mini so far leaving my Ipad 4 and 5c for later. While mostly fine Safari is very jerky, I assumed it was just because the Mini is getting on a bit but maybe not. Oh and the Film section of Itunes won't come up, Musics fine, TV fine but films won't load.

Wondering if what we'll get on the 17th will actually be .1

Last edited:

EdgardasB

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2014
Lithuania
Damn, seems that it will be like with iOS 7 release. A lot of glitches, bugs... This time I won't update to iOS8 atleast for a month, had lesson from iOS 7. Furthermore, just iOS 7.1 became more stable and have minor glitches.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Anyone else having WiFi issue on an iPad Air? It seems to happen most the time when waking from sleep and then struggles to connect for a while. On iOS 7 it worked great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.