Cannot download or update apps in IOS 11

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Fraserh02, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Fraserh02 macrumors newbie

Fraserh02

Hello,

Since updating to IOS 11 I am no longer able to install apps or download app updates. It doesn’t work on either wifi or mobile data.

The only way I can see to install apps is through iTunes on my Mac which isn’t very efficient.

Is anyone else getting this problem or has any fixes?

I have tried different App Store accounts as well with no luck. When clicking install or update it just shows as if it’s loading, then eventually stops and gives the install or update option again.

Also whilst loading the apps on the homscreen do not change to their updating icons either.

Help would be great, thanks!

2. youinc macrumors newbie

youinc

I encountered the same problem when I use my iPhone 5S along with dramatic drop of battery when updating. At last, I went to Genius Bar and reinstalled the iOS, problem solved.

3. iphonehype macrumors 6502

4. b1gted macrumors regular

b1gted

reboot will temporary fix this bug and let you download your new updates. It eventually stops working again and a reboot always lets me get them again.

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

I haven't had a single problem on my Air2 with updating apps. Just updated 10+ right now. Microsoft keeps releasing office updates. Have updated office like 4 times in the last week.

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Lots of Apple Services are broken on iOS 11, unless you do a clean install (YMMV even then). I'd wait for public beta or final release.

7. Illumiiinati macrumors member

Illumiiinati

I had the same issue, just log out and re login again in AppStore

8. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

9. nvarga macrumors newbie

It is enough to kill AppStore and then start it again.

10. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Same issue with me. Restarting the phone still won't allow me to download updates. Logging into and then out of the iTunes Store did work however.