Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monkey28rb

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
I ordered my phone 9/14 around 8:30am EST. My order status says
Date Ordered: 09/15/2012 :confused:

Apple PHO IPHONE 5 16GB BLK PHONE "In Progress" "Pending shipment".

qty back ordered 1....

zakzam

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
I ordered my phone 9/14 around 8:30am EST. My order status says
Date Ordered: 09/15/2012 :confused:

Apple PHO IPHONE 5 16GB BLK PHONE "In Progress" "Pending shipment".

qty back ordered 1....

Literally exact same situation, including the time haha.

GFLovesMy9Inchr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
thank you so much for the info.

One last question: Is it possible for my backorder status of 0 to change back to 1?

Here is how it works:

You order a phone. It immediately goes to "back-order" since there is not one allotted for you.

Once we say "LeeNH needs a phone, and we have one for them" you are given the rights to that phone. Your back order of 1 is switched to a 0 because in theory, you have a phone, even though you physically don't have it yet.

When it is time to ship you a phone, your credit card is billed, and if it kicks back a good code, your phone is then scanned into apple's DB, it is assigned a UPS shipper.

Now, for the people sitting on backorder:1

If LeeNH's credit card is declined, that phone is removed from their allotment and given to the next person in line.

Also, new phones are being introduced to the back order pool every hour.. So those numbers will slowly begin to populate from back orderd to fulfilled.

Last edited:

Icarumba

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
I have an interesting situation regarding my PREMIER orders:

My dad (on premier) ordered his phone before mine, about 7:30AM Mountain (6:30 pacific) on 9/14. On the same account, I ordered mine about an hour later.

My current backorder shows as a 0 which happened sometime in the last 24 hours. My dad's, on the other hand, still shows a backorder of 1 as well as a date ordered of 9/15 (keep in mind he ordered BEFORE me). How could this have happened? Why would his order date show up a day later than mine, when he was the one who ordered first??

Edit: The same credit card was used for both orders as well.

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Read my posts. I have already repeated the same answers to people numerous times in this thread.

I've read the entire thread. I'm still wondering how Premier orders are processed - is there a separate allotment for Premier orders, or are all AT&T orders in the same pool? See my post on the previous page. Can you shed any light on Premier orders?

LeeNH

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
New Hampshire
Here is how it works:

You order a phone. It immediately goes to "back-order" since there is not one allotted for you.

Once we say "LeeNH needs a phone, and we have one for them" you are given the rights to that phone.

When it is time to ship you a phone, your credit card is billed, and if it kicks back a good code, your phone is then scanned into apple's DB, it is assigned a UPS shipper.

Now, for the people sitting on backorder:1

If LeeNH's credit card is declined, that phone is removed from their allotment and given to the next person in line.

Also, new phones are being introduced to the back order pool every hour.. So those numbers will slowly begin to populate from back orderd to fulfilled.

thank you. your contributions have been GREATLY appreciated by me and... my boss... because now I can get some work done. ;)

Pearphone5

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2012
I went back and read a few posts - Looks like the phones are just now being allocated to people, he mentioned something like 1% finished. So, 99% to go and I assume that means a lot of people will soon have a 0 under their backorder quantity column.

LeeNH

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
New Hampshire
I went back and read a few posts - Looks like the phones are just now being allocated to people, he mentioned something like 1% finished. So, 99% to go and I assume that means a lot of people will soon have a 0 under their backorder quantity column.

I agree.

GFLovesMy9Inchr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
I've read the entire thread. I'm still wondering how Premier orders are processed - is there a separate allotment for Premier orders, or are all AT&T orders in the same pool? See my post on the previous page. Can you shed any light on Premier orders?

It's from the same pool. I've seen many people post "screwed again by being premier" and such... makes no sense.

ccyoun

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2011
Burlington, MA
About expected delivery

Purchased 16G Black at local ATT retail store on 14th around 11:00 AM (EST).
Still indicating "1" under back-order quantity.

This was an additional line to the existing number (already got the new number). Will this make any difference (either delaying or speeding up) to the delivery date?

Hoping to get it on Friday, but the confirmation email told me that it will going to be 14-21 days like all others.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
THIS INFO IS FOR 16G BLACK PHONES ONLY:

Appreciate the info. It's the only worthwhile info I've read anywhere. I assume your warehouse is exclusively for 16GB black but curious if you've heard any info about 64GB the black phones. I ordered @ 5am on the 14th and have seen people who ordered after me go to "0" where I'm still on b/o.

Edit: I just went to "0" so I guess I'm good to go.

----------

Ok so my iPhone order shows 0 under backordered, does that mean it will ship soon??

Yes, he already said 0= your phone is reserved and will delivery on the 21st.

iSmoke

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Chicago, IL.
I am not part of that supply chain, however on our end, if the back order number is 0 your phone will arrive by Fri. however, this will all change on Thursday @ 1540 EST... If you do not have a back order of zero by that time, you will not have a phone on Friday.

i see. so the process of backorder number 1 to 0 is still on going. great. i still have a little hope to hold on to. :D

ryguy2303

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2009
How can I track mine? I ordered through apple and all it gives me is the order number and it says "Preparing for shipment". I ordered just after midnight so I expect to get it on 9/21.

mentalcase

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
I know this thread is supposed to be for at&t.com orders, but my black 16 is sitting in Addison, IL and was ordered from apple.com.

k3roro

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2010
I ordered mine at about 1pm PST on the 14th over the phone so I'm not expecting one on launch day, but I'm curious as to why my order status says that I ordered on the 15th?

Anyone else experience this?

I ordered on the 14th at 11:30PM EST and my date says 17th... which is absolutely ridiculous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.