Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Same here, and it keeps offering the same update, saying the update was successful, then still showing the old version.

My Carlinkit showed 2021.02.02 as an OTA update option today, and I went ahead and updated it to get an "official" build into my unit. Afterwards, it still reported 202.01.28.1446 as the running (and latest) version.

Check the file size. Above I posted the update screenshot and it showed 0.55Mb. Normally they are 7-10Mb so I’m not sure what this update is.

I’ve had a few OTA checks and seen the 2021-02-02 and showed 0.55Mb so didn’t install.

3af40fa3aa2b45a0be044a8e1f6adb32.jpg

supervis0r

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2020
Hi guys,
I'm a complete newbie and have read almost the entire forum.
Unfortunately I couldn't find any indication of my problem:
I have a Seat Ibiza 6F 2020 and Carplay2air. The connection works so far, I can also call everything, but as soon as I start Spotify the screen goes dark and there is no sound.
I've tried all software versions and currently have the 2021-02-02 on it. Can someone help me?

supervis0r

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2020
Hi Guys,
here is an overview of the

SETTINGS:

Synchronous mode
(normal, compatible):
Standard: normal mode
Normal mode: Resolve issues with the instrument panel display.
Compatible mode: Fixes the problem that certain vehicles cannot connect to the dongle.

Media sound (CD, DVD):
Standard DVD
DVD: better sound quality.
CD: Fixes the problem that certain cars have static / playback issues

Media delay (300 to 2000 milliseconds):
Standard 1000,
The greater the delay, the less the audio stutters. The smaller the delay, the better the music and album art / pictures will sync

Background mode information: some cars go black after plugging in. So, turning on background mode will fix this.

GPS: When you enable this feature, the adapter will help iPhone get more accurate positioning

Start-up delay information: If you set the setting to 5 seconds, the adapter will start the system after 5 seconds when connected to the vehicle's USB port. (If a vehicle system does not recognize the adapter or the adapter only works to plug it in again, configure this setting parameter.)

Last edited:

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Hi Guys,
here is an overview of the

SETTINGS:

Synchronous mode
(normal, compatible):
Standard: normal mode
Normal mode: Resolve issues with the instrument panel display.
Compatible mode: Fixes the problem that certain vehicles cannot connect to the dongle.

Media sound (CD, DVD):
Standard DVD
DVD: better sound quality.
CD: Fixes the problem that certain cars have static / playback issues

Standard 1000,
The greater the delay, the less the audio stutters. The smaller the delay, the better the music and album art / pictures will sync

Background mode information: some cars go black after plugging in. So, turning on background mode will fix this.

GPS: When you enable this feature, the adapter will help iPhone get more accurate positioning

Start-up delay information: If you set the setting to 5 seconds, the adapter will start the system after 5 seconds when connected to the vehicle's USB port. (If a vehicle system does not recognize the adapter or the adapter only works to plug it in again, configure this setting parameter.)

Seems good description, I’ll add to first post stickie.

Anyone expand or confirm all these?

Last edited:

KevinGrabher

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2009
Hi guys,
I'm a complete newbie and have read almost the entire forum.
Unfortunately I couldn't find any indication of my problem:
I have a Seat Ibiza 6F 2020 and Carplay2air. The connection works so far, I can also call everything, but as soon as I start Spotify the screen goes dark and there is no sound.
I've tried all software versions and currently have the 2021-02-02 on it. Can someone help me?

Did you delete your Seat from your iPhones Bluetooth settings?

uspino

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Same. Tried rollback and then upgrade, but it does not take the 02.02 version. Also the one in paplink shows as 2021.02.02.1037 and the one in Ludwig repository is 2021.02.02.2110. Maybe 02.02 wasn't ready for primetime and they pulled it off?

josejrp

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2008
Check the file size. Above I posted the update screenshot and it showed 0.55Mb. Normally they are 7-10Mb so I’m not sure what this update is.

I’ve had a few OTA checks and seen the 2021-02-02 and showed 0.55Mb so didn’t install.

3af40fa3aa2b45a0be044a8e1f6adb32.jpg
Mine acted like it updated (downloaded firmware, rebooted unit, said "Update succesful"), and it is not showing me there's an update available anymore... so I can't check the file size. Everything's working well, though.

Reactions: whatgift

yorglaa

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2021

Not sure how to understand this one... does it mean the adapter itself has a GPS chip or does it uses the car's GPS (if some) ?

Einz

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2008
Standard 1000,
I played with the setting, 500 seems to be good without stutters. YMMV

chari

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2010
I'm Mazda mx5 user. I tried it with 2021.02.02. so far no problem. works fine same with 2021.01.28
my delay setting is 500.

bcre3306

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2019
I'm Mazda mx5 user. I tried it with 2021.02.02. so far no problem. works fine same with 2021.01.28
my delay setting is 500.
Does the media delay apply to phone calls? I get a lag with phone calls and wondering if this could help.

chari

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2010
Does the media delay apply to phone calls? I get a lag with phone calls and wondering if this could help.
I have 2 iPhones. so made trial as below
1. wired carPlay
2. wireless with delay 500
3. wireless with delay 2000

1 vs 2 : it have a lag. wired is best.
2 vs 3 : I couldn't get difference. I felt same delay. i didn't measure by any equipment and it is just my feeling.

steveg_nh

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2021
I have 2 iPhones. so made trial as below
1. wired carPlay
2. wireless with delay 500
3. wireless with delay 2000

1 vs 2 : it have a lag. wired is best.
2 vs 3 : I couldn't get difference. I felt same delay. i didn't measure by any equipment and it is just my feeling
In my 2018 GMC Sierra I haven’t noticed any lag, at least anything noticeable. I’ve been very happy with Cplay2air so far. I was really worried after reading so many issues but seems like the more recent firmwares are much better. This is a fantastic solution for wireless CarPlay since my truck has a built in wireless charger on the center console. No wires.

chari

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2010
In my 2018 GMC Sierra I haven’t noticed any lag, at least anything noticeable. I’ve been very happy with Cplay2air so far. I was really worried after reading so many issues but seems like the more recent firmwares are much better. This is a fantastic solution for wireless CarPlay since my truck has a built in wireless charger on the center console. No wires.
I think so. Event though delay is longer than wired if I compared wired and wireless. Wireless benefit is huge. so I’m fully satisfied. Especially I never forget to remove my iPhone after driving because my iPhone is in my bag when I driving less than a hour.

Reactions: steveg_nh

Renato Almeida

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2020
In my IPhone 11 IOS 14.3 on Chevrolet Onix Plus 2020 MyLink 3 it has been working correctly. I can use all functions. I just have a delay when I change music track. I Still have probleman with auto reconnect. I have to reconfigure the cplay2air every time I restart the car.

MrHerickZ

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2020
Campinas
In my IPhone 11 IOS 14.3 on Chevrolet Onix Plus 2020 MyLink 3 it has been working correctly. I can use all functions. I just have a delay when I change music track. I Still have probleman with auto reconnect. I have to reconfigure the cplay2air every time I restart the car.
Is that My Link 3? I'm still got no luck on that in my 2021 Chevy Tracker, it works for around 15 seconds and then suddenly stops working.

uspino

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
I was unable to upgrade to 2021.02.02 from 2021.01.08. The upgrade was offered via OTA but with wrong file size, and upgrade via USB with the 2021.02.02.2110 file in ludwig repository did not install either. This is how I finally did it: rollback (USB) to 2020.08.04, it will then offer a OTA upgrade to 2020.11.10. From there you can do an USB upgrade to 2021.02.02 with ludwig's file. Working great so far.

Renato Almeida

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2020
Is that My Link 3? I'm still got no luck on that in my 2021 Chevy Tracker, it works for around 15 seconds and then suddenly stops working.
I belive the Brazil MyLink 3 is not the same the another country. It can be different in every country. But I followed these steps to get it work.

1) I Update my cplay2air to ludwig 2021.01.28 firmware.

2) It works good at first connect, but it does not reconnect. You have to reset the cplay2air from the webinterface (192.168.50.2) and reconnect every time.

3) I created one script that resets cplay2air every starting. You have to put that script in a pendrive and keep it pluged in cplay2air. The script name need to be U2W.sh.

4) Every start you have to configure the cplay2air again.

5) It is not perfect, but still it is one way that I can use the cplay2air on my MyLink 3.

Bash:
#!/bin/sh

# ver se o arquivo existe em etc/bluetooth/
if [ -f /etc/bluetooth/mybluetooth.tar.gz ]; then
    # remover as configuracoes
    rm -f /etc/bluetooth/mybluetooth.tar.gz
    rm -f /etc/hichain/*

# criar um novo serial
    echo `head /dev/urandom  |md5sum |awk '{print $1}'` > /etc/device_serial

# sincronizar e reiniciar
    (sync;sleep 1;reboot)&
fi

Let me know if you had success.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrHerickZ

seinman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2011
Philadelphia
I’m picking up my new Chevy Bolt lease today! Was excited about the level of upgraded trim w Bose speakers and all but then was a bit annoyed learning their CarPlay has to be wired. I ended up getting this eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/264913920405 after reading this thread. My understanding is I needed to look for items that say u2w, so that’s why I thought I got a solid deal on this at $60. But there are no pics, so I was wondering what is this Plus vs v2? I read elsewhere there was just firmware differences? I guess I’ll see what I finally get...

Did it work? I have a Bolt and am trying to find an adapter that's confirmed to work.

Einz

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2008
I just got mine today, installed latest firmware, and on my first drive I was getting frequent short drop outs while playing music.

I was noticing the Ludwig custom firmware, what's the advantage of installing this as opposed to the official versions?
From readme:

Custom Firmwares based on different stock firmwares

All custom firmwares restore "performance" scaling governor of the CPU, disable logging to save RAM and allow custom script execution from the USB Key :

U2W.sh
Warning !

There is no warranty of any kind with these custom firmwares, if you want to try it the best thing you can do is to flash the official firmware file before flashing the custom one (it is not preventing device bricking since it can happen with official files but at least you will not blame the custom firmware for this)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.