Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jesse_s93

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2020
NL
If you're using the Carlinkit with usb-c, a usb-c to usb-c cable won't work. I don't know why. In my Skoda Scala, all inputs are usb-c. I bought an adapter from usb-c to usb-a that is working fine. I have tried a usb-c to usb-c cable to get rid of the adapter which I hoped would fix some problems, but it did not work at all. Currently, I'm back with my adapter that is working.

Reactions: Kurt871

Garkan

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2020

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-07-24 at 19.43.21.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-07-24 at 19.43.21.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 97

kaanbaron

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2021
If you're using the Carlinkit with usb-c, a usb-c to usb-c cable won't work. I don't know why. In my Skoda Scala, all inputs are usb-c. I bought an adapter from usb-c to usb-a that is working fine. I have tried a usb-c to usb-c cable to get rid of the adapter which I hoped would fix some problems, but it did not work at all. Currently, I'm back with my adapter that is working.
Did carlinkit work on your type-c input car???

Didn't it work with usb-c / usb-c cable right???

Did it work with usb-a / usb-c adapter???

Your answer is very important to me. Because i will buy on your answer. Thank

Doc.Tauri

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
Anyone with a 2020+ Ford who was experiencing the "Hey Siri" reboot issue tried updating to the 07.05 version? Curious if it's fixed anything.

bookemdano

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2011
I recall way earlier in the thread (last year sometime) someone had similar trouble with a 3rd party cable and eventually realized that the USB connector on it was just barely too thick for the recessed USB-C port on the Carlinkit. So when he plugged it in, it appeared to go in all the way but was just slightly short, so the pins were not making contact.

Can't remember now whether he solved it by looking for a different cable with a thinner connector profile or if he shaved down the one he had, but in any case just wanted to give you that suggestion to look into if you still want to ditch the extra adapter.

kaanbaron

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2021
I recall way earlier in the thread (last year sometime) someone had similar trouble with a 3rd party cable and eventually realized that the USB connector on it was just barely too thick for the recessed USB-C port on the Carlinkit. So when he plugged it in, it appeared to go in all the way but was just slightly short, so the pins were not making contact.

Can't remember now whether he solved it by looking for a different cable with a thinner connector profile or if he shaved down the one he had, but in any case just wanted to give you that suggestion to look into if you still want to ditch the extra adapter.
So did it work in usb-c car? Can you help me what should i do?

milan.he

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2020
Hey, I am still getting reboot after few minutes with my SKODA SCALA, does 07.05 work for you fine? For me the most stable and I would say the only one working is still 12/2020 version

mikejd1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
Does anyone have the original March 2021 file? i did an OTA update yestefsay on my wifes volvo to the latest "bug fixes versioN" and now the device goes to the Carlinkkit homescreen, but it doesnt send out the WIFI signal, when i attempt to connect to bluetooth, no wifi ID is being passed, i tried this on two phones and no go. I need to downgrade

I need the 3.6.2021 version, i have carlinkkit with USB -A. Can i downgrade?

jesse_s93

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2020
NL
Did carlinkit work on your type-c input car???

Didn't it work with usb-c / usb-c cable right???

Did it work with usb-a / usb-c adapter???

Your answer is very important to me. Because i will buy on your answer. Thank
Yes, Carlinkit works on my car (only usb-c inputs). I have tried a third party usb-c/usb-c cable: does not work. It works with usb-c to usb-a adapter. software version 12/10 is very stable, but mic not working. Every version after march 2021: mic is working. However, it keeps crashing.

xmoo

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2020
With the latest update/firmware, the connection with my phone during startup is very fast. But when I navigate with Flitsmeister or Google Maps, there is a delay of 5/8 seconds on the screen after couple of minutes of navigating. Had this on an older version as well.

Kia/Hyundai Gen5 Wide, june 2021 firmware.

JonoNZ

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Does anyone have the original March 2021 file? i did an OTA update yestefsay on my wifes volvo to the latest "bug fixes versioN" and now the device goes to the Carlinkkit homescreen, but it doesnt send out the WIFI signal, when i attempt to connect to bluetooth, no wifi ID is being passed, i tried this on two phones and no go. I need to downgrade

I need the 3.6.2021 version, i have carlinkkit with USB -A. Can i downgrade?
I have the same issue after updating this morning, no WiFi being broadcast by the device.

Reactions: Hendo999

kaanbaron

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2021
Yes, Carlinkit works on my car (only usb-c inputs). I have tried a third party usb-c/usb-c cable: does not work. It works with usb-c to usb-a adapter. software version 12/10 is very stable, but mic not working. Every version after march 2021: mic is working. However, it keeps crashing.
Thanks for reply. Which adapter are you using? I'll take the same.

Did it work before mic? Is it possible to make a phone call? maybe it can be fixed with software.

Doc.Tauri

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
So I can confirm that the 2021.07.04 update does not fix the Hey Siri issue in a 2020 Ford Explorer.

Interesting how everyone is talking about the 07.05 update, but what was offered to me (CarPlay) is 07.04.

something else i noticed, I have two of them, both updated to 07.04. Both work fine in my 2019 F-150, but one does a continuous reboot in the Explorer and never brings up the CarPlay screen. The other will boot, but still crashes on Hey Siri.

jesse_s93

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2020
NL
Thanks for reply. Which adapter are you using? I'll take the same.

Did it work before mic? Is it possible to make a phone call? maybe it can be fixed with software.
I bought a random adapter on Aliexpress, no brand. I think it was under $1.

With the newer software (march and later), the mic is working. However, the dongle has become less stable after that and crashes randomly.

Software update.
I had updated via USB. Yesterday I did a rollback (online, which worked fine) to the march update. Then an OTA update was provided to: 2021.07.04.2222.
Release notes:
- Fix the bug OTA update.

After the update, there was another update: 2021.07.05.2308.
Release notes:
- Fix some bugs
- Do not unplug the box when upgrading, please wait for the box to restart automatically.

jaburgeson

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
So I can confirm that the 2021.07.04 update does not fix the Hey Siri issue in a 2020 Ford Explorer.

Interesting how everyone is talking about the 07.05 update, but what was offered to me (CarPlay) is 07.04.

something else i noticed, I have two of them, both updated to 07.04. Both work fine in my 2019 F-150, but one does a continuous reboot in the Explorer and never brings up the CarPlay screen. The other will boot, but still crashes on Hey Siri.
After I did the 07.04 update, the 07.05 update was available to upgrade. Hey Siri is working on 07.05 for me in my 2020 Explorer with this new update. Hopefully this will fix it for you too!

Doc.Tauri

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
After I did the 07.04 update, the 07.05 update was available to upgrade. Hey Siri is working on 07.05 for me in my 2020 Explorer with this new update. Hopefully this will fix it for you too!
Thanks, I didn't realize there was another update. Took the 07.05 and for the first time since I bought it 9 months ago, it works in the wife's 2020 Explorer! Wonder what functionality it broke in the process! ;-)

Thanks!

TitsLegendary

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
I’m still on an August 2020 version for my F150. Too scared to update to the latest since what I’m on now works well enough.
What’s interesting is all of the versions seemed to work fine on my Dad’s Dodge TRX but not on any of our other Fords.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.