Everything Apple Announced at Today's 'It's Show Time' Event in 6 Minutes

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 25, 2019.

1. shinkansenwarrior macrumors member

shinkansenwarrior

Glad I decided not to watch it.
    Keynotes have lost their mojo and element of surprise compared to years back. Watching Cook in keynotes makes me sleepy with his quirky style.

In all this evolutionary transition to a services and subcriptions and business modal, I hope Tim is saving a nice mini keynote dedicated to the Mac Pro.

THAT I would watch with popcorn and open eyes....until...they mention the pricing.

2. computersteve macrumors newbie

computersteve

Nope I’m not paying for 1 more streaming service... & honestly now apple is just being greedy because they partly own Disney... So Disney + plus Apple TV + lol come on lol.. The sheep will pay & it just sickens me

3. mashinhead macrumors 68030

The Reality Distortion Field was in full effect today. When I saw people stand up and applaud a credit card like it was an iPhone was just confusing. Apple have really jumped the shark. You could even hear in the presenters' voices that they didn't believe in this stuff...

4. AxiomaticRubric macrumors 6502

AxiomaticRubric

It's sad to think how much further ahead the Mac product line could be with all those millions of dollars, unfortunately squandered on shows no one really asked for (other than Amazing Stories, which may actually be good).
    --- Post Merged, Mar 25, 2019 ---
    Did you know that many of those who were standing up to applaud were Apple employees?

5. Works4Me macrumors regular

I just realized that I had no interest in actually watching the keynote today. Watching it just wasn't even something that occurred to me. Now I l know that I'm not representative of everyone, but it just wasn't that important to me.... I mean, I was curious enough to check in on the updates on MR, but watch it? I guess I just wasn't expecting much. Interesting how times have changed (for me).

6. Matt Leaf macrumors 6502

It's pretty funny that not only are they offering all these new paid-for services, they're giving you the credit card to pay for it.

I think it's pretty tidy though, I think it's cool Apple gives the customers of their products all these service based options.

The more clogged the world becomes in all this subscription stuff however the more inclined I am to go out and just buy, you know, a magazine. Also, my Nintendo Switch is way sweller for home gaming and great for on the go (Nintendo really nailed that), and I'm getting into buying Blu-Rays and vinyl nowadays so I have a nice home collection I actually own.

Subscription digital media is easy, but physical media gives us a break from our digital devices, which is what we all need more than anything.

7. xs4all4me macrumors newbie

As a average consumer who uses both android and apple products, none of these new service interests me. I might be just a spec of sand for them to care what I think, from the looks of things, they are making the share/stake holders happy.

8. jamesrick80 macrumors 68020

jamesrick80

No thanks apple to paying a monthly subscription to play Angry Birds .........No thanks apple for your news app..I prefer my local free news.......and i didn't pay any attention to whatever TV service concoction you derived.

:rolleyes:

9. rhinosrcool macrumors 68000

rhinosrcool

Yeah, that's what was so pathetic. They cheered for everything as though Timmy told them to.

10. ghost187 macrumors 6502a

ghost187

I was ver impressed with “the” hardware they announced today... Apple Card! Seriously I’ll sign up day 1, but non of the services interest me.

11. Kal-037 macrumors 68000

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    Eww, what boring lame Apple Event. Where’s my iPod Touch 7? ;)
    No, but really... Apple has been losing to ExxonMobil in being filthy rich (only trillionaires while ExxonMobil are trillionaires+, ;) lol
    But in more seriousness, they are losing in innovation and cool new tech to Samsung, Google, and bloody Microsoft (that last one is embarrassing.) If Apple wants to really get back to being “the shiz”... they need to focus on the current products and services that are falling short right now. First do that Apple, then show and release this boring news app and credit-card junk.
    *Yes I sound super uninformed (that’s because I am, and I’m okay with it.)

K.

12. mikethemartian macrumors 6502

Maybe they’ll expand AppleCare to nonApple products. They can start offering AppleCare Home Warranty so if your dishwasher or clothes dryer break it will be covered. :)

13. cesko macrumors member

Aside the Titanium card which won't be available in Canada..yet...the rest was just uninspiring. Presented by some seriously sartorially challenged executives, I just didn't get the "wow" to make me pine for the product.

14. AustinIllini macrumors demi-goddess

AustinIllini

You can only throw so much money at something before diminishing returns...

15. mikethemartian macrumors 6502

Isn’t a motorcycle kind of like a faster horse?

16. houttbe, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019

houttbe macrumors member

Fly on the wall during Apple Board meeting

Board: So Tim, how are things?
    Tim: Great, never been better, ...
    Board: And what’s coming up?
    Tim: Great pipeline, new Mac processors, HomePod, ...
    Board: But what’s all this with iPhone numbers?
    Tim: China, mature, ...
    Board: Tim, iPhone is what makes this company tick! Have you got something up your sleeve?
    Tim: Great pipeline, new Mac processors, HomePod, ...
    Board: no Tim, that’s not good enough. We need something to take over from iPhone!
    Tim: well, my friends at IBM are gushing over services. Great profit margin.
    Board: do we have something on services?
    Tim: well, Eddy has been playing with music, great fun. And doing OK. Perhaps he could try movies, or TV, or games, or magazines. Or all of these.
    Board: but can we pull that off? Steve used to stick to what we knew.
    Tim: well, we’re sitting on $ 130 billion net cash reserves... we can’t blow it all on cars and campuses!
    Board: sure, let’s go for it! That’ll be fun!

17. Gogeta-Blue, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019

Gogeta-Blue Suspended

Gogeta-Blue

Everything Apple Announced at Today's 'It's Show Time' Event in one word

disappointment

18. grago macrumors newbie

grago

"Do one thing and do it well, just focus in what yo do best", i think that today Apple is beginning to forget what's their thing...

19. ApeBot macrumors member

ApeBot

I can see how for many this is not a big deal, but as someone who is on a moderate salary, but travels frequently for work, the concept of a credit card with no international fees is extremely compelling. International fees on CC transactions are exorbitant. This provides some hope. I get that the conversion rate is where they will make their money, but at the moment, I am getting robbed on conversion rates and then raped on international "transaction" fees. Cash is not an option because you never know how much you need. I have a shoebox full of foreign currency that isn't worth converting back to my home currency.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 25, 2019 ---
    This is an important point. For a company with global reach, this event was hugely disappointing for much of the world.

20. alexhardaker macrumors 6502

I really don’t understand why. Everything seemed interesting apart from  News+. That’s only because I’ve never been into reading magazines. The card seemed like classic Apple with easy to use merge of hardware, software and service; the gaming one gave me hope of fun games that will challenge the crap that is F2P games that flood the App Store; TV+ shows actually seemed a bit interesting, although the interface looked cluttered. No prices for most things - you know why, right? They’ll announce a Prime style bundle price.

People complaining that Apple has lost its way and is trying to do too much - HA! They’re giving us extra value for our iOS and Mac devices for when they’re still being used by us in 3 years. They’re playing the long game here. This goes well with what they said last year about making our devices last so long, building loyalty. This is no different from how Macs can last 7 or 8 years before it’s dead. My first Mac was a 2009 MBP, which I bought off eBay for £740 in 2010 - the hard drive or the connection cable broke last summer.

Apple has lost its way? Not focused? HA! GET OUT OF IT!

21. StarShot macrumors 6502a

StarShot

I have an LG smart tv (about 2 years old). Anyone know if LG will "hit" my unit to include a link to AppleTV?

22. alexhardaker macrumors 6502

Well said, sir

23. idark77 macrumors 6502

idark77

24. citysnaps macrumors 601

Stop it. Now!

You'll never earn any forum cred expressing views like that here.

Rather, you need to muster up an eye-roll worthy of a petulant San Fernando Valley teenage girl, and let everyone know how bored you are. And out-whine the post before yours on how you were soooo underwhelmed with this being the worst Apple keynote ever.

Also...don't forget the available bonus points for expressing how desperate and pathetic Apple is forcing yet another service subscription down the throats of their customers.

25. alexhardaker macrumors 6502

Why is it a shame?