Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Last night's season premiere and Talking Dead afterword were really good. At first I thought devoting an entire episode to just one character was pretty bold, but then my wife reminded me that they have done similar in The Walking Dead previously when the party has been split up. Nick is certainly an interesting character and they are spending a lot of time developing him. This show is definitely not what I thought it was going to be in terms of an origin story, but I enjoy it none the less.

Reactions: SandboxGeneral

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
My only quibly with this weeks episode was the following; (Spoilers ahead)

The scene with the three guys, and two of them are taken down by the small horde. Come on, they should have known better and for them to be taken down so easily. Ugh.

I did feel bad for the dogs, but I wondered why they would attack such a large group? That part did not make sense to me, I could see them going after one person, especially in a pack, but for them to go after the small group of walkers. Hmmm!

Last edited by a moderator:

BernyMac

macrumors regular
May 18, 2015
USA
My only quibly with this weeks episode was the following; (Spoilers ahead)

The scene with the three guys, and two of them are taken down by the small horde. Come on, they should have known better and for them to be taken down so easily. Ugh.

I did feel bad for the dogs, but I wondered why they would attack such a large group? That part did not make sense to me, I could see them going after one person, especially in a pack, but for them to go after the small group of walkers. Hmmm!
The writers know nothing about dogs. And they also seem to have a profound hatred for horses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I'm just curious why a group of undead doesn't strip a meal all the way down to the bone ?

A well, <clears throat> um, hmm, <cough> Along the lines of contemplating how dead flesh can be animated, why bacteria would not decompose it, how dead thing keeps going, don't need no functional heart of lungs, so why they would be effected only by a brain injury.... don't think about it. :D

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
A well, <clears throat> um, hmm, <cough> Along the lines of contemplating how dead flesh can be animated, why bacteria would not decompose it, how dead thing keeps going, don't need no functional heart of lungs, so why they would be effected only by a brain injury.... don't think about it. :D
So basically, engage the "suspension of disbelief" mode and you're good!

I watched this weeks episode last night and thought it was pretty good. It appears that we're starting to get a little more background on the characters in this second half of the season. You could tell that they're still quite new to this whole zombie thing and inexperienced since Madison and Strand decided to get a little tipsy and make a lot of noise, which as we know from TWD, attracts the walkers. Chalk it up to a new lesson learned!

Reactions: Huntn

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
So basically, engage the "suspension of disbelief" mode and you're good!

I watched this weeks episode last night and thought it was pretty good. It appears that we're starting to get a little more background on the characters in this second half of the season. You could tell that they're still quite new to this whole zombie thing and inexperienced since Madison and Strand decided to get a little tipsy and make a lot of noise, which as we know from TWD, attracts the walkers. Chalk it up to a new lesson learned!

Still pretty foolish. In any pandemic, who here who watched this episode would be anywhere near where they were exploring ?

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Still pretty foolish. In any pandemic, who here who watched this episode would be anywhere near where they were exploring ?

But the pandemic is EVERYWHERE, and society is broken down, why it's post apocalyptic! :) It was clearly a toss up between steering clear and finding supplies. For me it's a 50-50 whether I'd be most scared of walkers or armed people. Lots of bad **** can happen in a world with just pockets of civilization left.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
But the pandemic is EVERYWHERE, and society is broken down, why it's post apocalyptic! :) It was clearly a toss up between steering clear and finding supplies. For me it's a 50-50 whether I'd be most scared of walkers or armed people. Lots of bad **** can happen in a world with just pockets of civilization left.

I will take walkers any day.... small batches of course. :p

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
I think it is time for the kid to bit the dust...... He has pretty much been a butt head throughout the entire series and there are lots of issues with him. Somehow I do not think the zombie world is going to fix him!

Did anybody else catch in the last episode that our main female character Madison is from Alabama...... I wonder if they might down the road, tie her to one of the characters on TWD!

BernyMac

macrumors regular
May 18, 2015
USA
I think it is time for the kid to bit the dust...... He has pretty much been a butt head throughout the entire series and there are lots of issues with him. Somehow I do not think the zombie world is going to fix him!

Did anybody else catch in the last episode that our main female character Madison is from Alabama...... I wonder if they might down the road, tie her to one of the characters on TWD!
Are you referring to "Killer Chris"? That character irritates the snot out of me. But then again he is supposed to be a high school kid...longing for approval and the need to be in a group that feeds his need. I think he gets a thrill out of killing the live ones. The smile on his face when he shot that rancher and when he shot that guy on the boat.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Yeah that was the rumor initially.

B

Very interesting. I wonder if we are maybe going to hear about her from someone on TWD... casual conversation after we see who Negan final takes out. :D

Are you referring to "Killer Chris"? That character irritates the snot out of me. But then again he is supposed to be a high school kid...longing for approval and the need to be in a group that feeds his need. I think he gets a thrill out of killing the live ones. The smile on his face when he shot that rancher and when he shot that guy on the boat.

That would be the one. God almighty, I want to reach through the screen and slap him around.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Did I interpret it wrong, or did Alejandro basically say there's a cure?! But unfortunately it is unknown since he doesn't know the exact combination of drugs the junkie who stole drugs from him took even though he was bitten by said junkie? :confused:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Did I interpret it wrong, or did Alejandro basically say there's a cure?! But unfortunately it is unknown since he doesn't know the exact combination of drugs the junkie who stole drugs from him took even though he was bitten by said junkie? :confused:

Always a possibility! :)

**** is starting to get real for Travis finally. Still wondering if he has the intestinal fortitude to survive in this world.

Good ole survival morality, but Travis has a point that remorse and holding on to our humanity, and he was alarmed by how easy it was for his son to kill. The flip side is the post apocalyptic reality, although I don't get why they just did not leave the wounded kid with Travis.

Can you believe Madison turning on the lights to the hotel sign at night? El stupido. I think the reality could have been much worse than what they showed, but maybe that happens next week. ;) Previews for next week look very interesting, the way the groups paths are intertwining. :)

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Madison = El Stupido Supreme. If Strand was up walking she wouldn't have done that. I was quite shocked by her antics. Rewind to when they went to make an offer for medicine, like, as ruthless as those Dirty Dealers were when Nick stole the cake, theoretically Madison and company should have been slaughtered on spot for what they did.

I think the Nick arc/storyline is probably going to be the best for the finale, because it doesn't seem like he be with the rest of the core group even after the climax of his arc in Tijuana. Even if the Colonia falls to the Dirty Dealers that are watching from afar, it seems Nick is steadfast on standing by his new lover.

Don't get me started on Chris. I thought Travis was going to kill him/should have killed him instead of just letting him drive off with the other two knuckleheads after senselessly killing the farmer. Certainly with that group ending up back at the hotel (thanks Madison!) maybe Chris' time is growing thin? I HOPE SO. Those knuckleheads having another run in with Travis can only spell trouble.

Not sure where they are going with Ofelia..

Interesting enough, I wonder if the Dirty Dealers know there are occupants at the hotel as well as the colonia?

Ah well, here's to hoping the two hour season finale packs a punch! I wish the season lasted another week or so since TWD is almost here.

Reactions: SandboxGeneral
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.