Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

retroneo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
Hi Sherwin,

Are you able to create an app that lets me flash the LED as a strobe at a user-selectable Hertz ?

i4software

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
Flashlight 4™ "True Flashlight" Already Submitted to App Store

Submitted Last Week. Waiting on App Store Approval. $.99.

-michael

Trademark & Copyright 2010 - i4software - All Rights Reserved

Attachments

• Example2.png
    Example2.png
    1 MB · Views: 129

swee5420

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2010
They will NOT approve it

I am sorry to tell you guys that, this app will not be approved by the App store,
as I have submitted a similar app just before the iPhone 4 launches, and sadly to say, i received a notification from the appreview team that the app has been rejected, due to the reason,

Apple does not allow us to use the hardware in a way other than their designated function.:eek:

I know it sounds unacceptable, and honestly I am still in a very bad mood since i talked to the guy from the App review team.:(

andymacuk

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
macin Torch

Hi

I intend buying an iPhone 4 and am interested in your app, could I have a copy of it please.

spydr

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2005
MD
I am sorry — but I am perfectly happy to get this functionality by clicking on camera, flicking to video and turing the flash to 'ON'.

Yes, it is one extra step. But importantly, it is ONE LESS APP!

PS: My flashlight app also shoots great video!:D

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Well maybe you can release the flashlight to the jailbreak scene.

Not sure it can be done but is there anyway you can develop something that would cause the led flash to maybe blink every so often if you have a missed message,email, phone call etc? Sort of like a message indicator that I wish Apple had included in this design.

I don't always keep my phone with me and mine is face down a lot that would be awesome to have. Instead of picking the phone up to find out I missed a call,txt,email

akacaj

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2008
NY
I am glad to see that there is a demand for this feature as I also submitted one last week.

tidybc

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
PUERTO RICO, USA
I want to try it. But here's how to do it w/o the app.
1.open camera
2.select video
3.selet flash-on and that's it
You dont have to start recording

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
I am sorry to tell you guys that, this app will not be approved by the App store,
as I have submitted a similar app just before the iPhone 4 launches, and sadly to say, i received a notification from the appreview team that the app has been rejected, due to the reason,

Apple does not allow us to use the hardware in a way other than their designated function.:eek:

I know it sounds unacceptable, and honestly I am still in a very bad mood since i talked to the guy from the App review team.:(

Since it sounds like Apple's going to ban all of these, is there any chance you're interested in sharing your source for developers to check out, or releasing it as a jailbreak app (once the phone is jailbroken, of course)?

amnost

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2010
United States
Everyone! You don't have to pay to do this! You can do it for freeeeee! Just go into the camera, slide the switch to video, turn the continous video flash on, and voilà! It does the same thing! You don't even have to click the record video button for it to work! :cool:

utahcreative

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
I have been hoping for an app like this!

I would love to try the power light app!! I have an iPhone 4. What do I have to do to get it?

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
To everyone telling us to just use the camera: This would be much faster, convenient, and it would use much less battery than if the camera was on.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
Cool, this functionality is a must have for any phone with a flash on it, and it can come on handy. It's one of very few things I miss from my crappy Nokia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.