Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crez42

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Yes, I would like to know people's opinions on the Zagg. Lifetime warranty sure sounds nice!

Here's another recommendation for Zagg InvisibleShield products. They are all on my iOS devices (as well as my wife's and her families) as well as my company Surface tablet. Their warranty is great and customer service as well. (I know this is screen protector but LifeProof was also very helpful. Ordered new case for 6s but it shipped without the headphone adapter. I called and they didn't have any in stock so they shipped me a whole new case and told me to keep the one I had as a backup for free.)

crez42

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
I've read great things about Zagg. Have you seen they are coming out with a sapphire screen protector? I'm wondering if that is worth it.

I'll probably give it a shot when it comes out. I have preordered the Glass+ for my 7+ and will "warranty" up to the Sapphire (in the past all I had to do was essentially pay the difference between the different models/versions so about $10 plus the $6 shipping).

havenyoung

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2013
how was it?
It fits pretty well. The only issue is what those glass protectors all share: it is thick and almost the same width of the screen so there are a few lines of pixels blurry on both edges of the screen. But I soon learned to ignore these.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
I bought a pretty cheap Spigen Liquid Armor case ($11). Since this case isn't very E2E compatible I got a cheap ($6) 2 pack non E2E screen protector
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KJAQZA4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This will hold me over for a few weeks until Caudabe comes out with the Sheath (supossedly in a transparent version) and GodoSmith has there Ice Max available.

On a side note the iP7 screen protector I received has a speaker opening of 13mm compared to my iP6 IceMax that is 11mm

Last edited:

valinda

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA
I bought a caseology screen protector for my
6s plus at Marshalls for $10. I like it. It's not
edge to edge, and it's open at the bottom of the home button which I really like. I would like to find another one like this for my 7, at the same price.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Is Apple going to do in-store installations of Belkin Screen Protectors for iPhone 7 using the Belkin ScreenCare+ Application System?

https://www.macrumors.com/2016/02/09/belkin-screen-protectors-apple/

Does anyone have info on this? Thanks! :)
I had one for my iPhone 6. Do a search on the board about these. My experience was they scratch VERY easy, the oleophobic coating only lasted a few months, edges are not rounded. If they've improved those problems then it would be a nice sp.

cjrulli

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
Are the Zagg products edge to edge and does 3D touch work ok with them installed? I'm coming from a iPhone 6, so I'm not too used to 3D touch but don't want anything to ruin the experience.

crez42

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Are the Zagg products edge to edge and does 3D touch work ok with them installed? I'm coming from a iPhone 6, so I'm not too used to 3D touch but don't want anything to ruin the experience.

They are not edge to edge ("case friendly" and I've had no issues). 3D Touch works flawlessly with their products. Get their glass versions and it feels like it's not even there (compared to their old "Original" style that felt like rubber).

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
I ordered the Spigen glass screen protectors for $8 from Amazon. Fingers crossed!
Also ordered their neo-hybrid case.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 9.24.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 9.24.39 PM.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 235
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 9.26.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 9.26.07 PM.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 227

b00st4ddicted

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2011
Hi all!

I am sure everyone is excited about the incoming. I have been browsing Amazon for a tempered glass, but I have no idea which one to get. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance!

danlovaj

macrumors regular
May 9, 2009
I've always had great luck with Spigen's tempered glass, glad it is no longer $35 like when it first came out a few years ago. Ordered one for my 7+

MS_Hedrick

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2016
I had one for my iPhone 6. Do a search on the board about these. My experience was they scratch VERY easy, the oleophobic coating only lasted a few months, edges are not rounded. If they've improved those problems then it would be a nice sp.

I am apparently an anomaly.

I had the Belkin glass screen protector installed on my 6 Plus by the Apple Store immediately after they replaced my cracked screen.

- The machine install was perfect in alignment with one pinhead bubble at the very edge across from power button. Only I know it's there.

- Very case friendly - I own many cases from folio to minimalistic and swap them constantly. The closest I come to a 'fortress' style case is a Trentium; no problems with its built in screen protector.

- After 5 months, the oleophobic coating is unchanged from new, and the protector is absolutely scratch free. Often, when others use my phone it takes a while before they realize a screen protector is installed, and the standard response is amazement as they scan it for flaws.

- Agreed the edges of the protector are harsh, but it's a non issue for me as my fingers rarely go there. I'm interacting with my screen 5 hours each and every day.

- Any downside? It's stupid expensive.

If Apple is installing them on the 7 Plus, it's on mine from Day 1.

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
Hi all!

I am sure everyone is excited about the incoming. I have been browsing Amazon for a tempered glass, but I have no idea which one to get. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance!

I have two on order. One is an Anker, and the other a Spigen. Spigen sent me an email a couple of days ago that a lot of their 7 plus SPs have been shipped out with 7 sized SP's and asked me to take pictures for free replacement if that was the case with me. They did however, confirm earlier that the cutouts would work on the 7 plus and that it was not a re-packaged 6s plus protector.

I ordered the Anker based on good reviews of their glass, and because it was available earlier and offered a front facing camera cutout, which the Spigen one did not. They haven't yet responded to my request about cutout infomration but I expect to get it tomorrow or by Saturday.

Spigen arrives Monday-Tuesday. Unless Anker screwed up the cutouts, I'll be sending the Spigen back regardless.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JRKOBQ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H2E810C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

jhearty99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
I am apparently an anomaly.

I had the Belkin glass screen protector installed on my 6 Plus by the Apple Store immediately after they replaced my cracked screen.

- The machine install was perfect in alignment with one pinhead bubble at the very edge across from power button. Only I know it's there.

- Very case friendly - I own many cases from folio to minimalistic and swap them constantly. The closest I come to a 'fortress' style case is a Trentium; no problems with its built in screen protector.

- After 5 months, the oleophobic coating is unchanged from new, and the protector is absolutely scratch free. Often, when others use my phone it takes a while before they realize a screen protector is installed, and the standard response is amazement as they scan it for flaws.

- Agreed the edges of the protector are harsh, but it's a non issue for me as my fingers rarely go there. I'm interacting with my screen 5 hours each and every day.

- Any downside? It's stupid expensive.

If Apple is installing them on the 7 Plus, it's on mine from Day 1.

I also love the Belkin protector that Apple installed on my 6S. I bought a cheap one off Amazon just to have in case Apple does not have these for the 7 on launch but if they do I am definitely having them install it again.

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
I have two on order. One is an Anker, and the other a Spigen. Spigen sent me an email a couple of days ago that a lot of their 7 plus SPs have been shipped out with 7 sized SP's and asked me to take pictures for free replacement if that was the case with me. They did however, confirm earlier that the cutouts would work on the 7 plus and that it was not a re-packaged 6s plus protector.

I ordered the Anker based on good reviews of their glass, and because it was available earlier and offered a front facing camera cutout, which the Spigen one did not. They haven't yet responded to my request about cutout infomration but I expect to get it tomorrow or by Saturday.

Spigen arrives Monday-Tuesday. Unless Anker screwed up the cutouts, I'll be sending the Spigen back regardless.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JRKOBQ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H2E810C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just received an email from Anker, stating that their Glass Screen protectors sold on Amazon for the 7 and 7 Plus have the proper cut outs.

benboy12

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2014
The Anker one looks tempting because of the price. However, I know Zagg has a new Sapphire glass screen protector. I am not sure if its worth it.

I plan on getting AppleCare+, so I am not sure if a screen protector is even worth it.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
The zagg sounds nice by name. That price, though. Even if it's hands down the best one, for what it is big picture, I just can't fathom spending it.

ATEspo

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
How much better could a sapphire screen protector be? Worth $50??

I've never had a glass protector on any of my devices before, but used friend's/family's phones with them and I will say without rounded edges, it's not pleasant to feel.

Anyone know if the Anker or Spigen are rounded edges or not?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.