Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
So GD Smith did send me a replacement screen protector. Several posts back I mentioned I complained that I ordered an Ice Max 3D on Amazon and received a Titan and I wasn't satisfied. They agreed to send me the updated version. I received today a package that says Knight Series 3D Tempered Glass, 0.26mm. I saw others post pictures saying Ice Max 3D so I really don't know what I received. Take a look. You all won't be happy with me, but I won't remove the Belkin Ultra I currently have until the new version is out. At that time I will give this a try and then remove and take a trip to the Apple Store if I am not happy. Anyone else seen this Knight Series? I have been following this thread since the beginning and don't remember it being mentioned. View attachment 670354 View attachment 670355 View attachment 670356

I thought godosmith v2 was supposed to be true 3D like the old ice max like this post?
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...reen-protectors.1994725/page-37#post-23761578

These latest pics look identical to v1?

kaisheng

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2016
Where can I get godosmith v2?

and any clear screen protector plastic film to recommend? i quite like the texture that power support air jacket film provides though but any other cheaper alternatives?

ValO

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2012
So GD Smith did send me a replacement screen protector. Several posts back I mentioned I complained that I ordered an Ice Max 3D on Amazon and received a Titan and I wasn't satisfied. They agreed to send me the updated version. I received today a package that says Knight Series 3D Tempered Glass, 0.26mm. I saw others post pictures saying Ice Max 3D so I really don't know what I received. Take a look. You all won't be happy with me, but I won't remove the Belkin Ultra I currently have until the new version is out. At that time I will give this a try and then remove and take a trip to the Apple Store if I am not happy. Anyone else seen this Knight Series? I have been following this thread since the beginning and don't remember it being mentioned. View attachment 670354 View attachment 670355 View attachment 670356
Very weird , it is identical to the g-color 3d, it has the same backplate with the same drawings glued to the screen protector.

A nice protector, which fits the apple leather and silicon case, but it isn't true 3D, instead of rounded edges, they feel very sharp.

Last edited:

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Between the Orzly and the Turata, is there a consensus as to which is the better one?

yoyo_girl

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2016
Anybody tried 3D curve tempered glass with Otterbox Symmetry Case? Can fit? Pls post some pics

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I went to Best Buy to get a Zagg, they didn't carry them yet so I just went with the Insignia brand. They put it on for me, but when they did so they had to pull up one corner to get a speck of dust out. He told me it would be fine after a while, but that corner is still not stuck down. I didn't ask how long I should give it. If it's been 24 hours should I go back? Or should I give it more time?

Also just wanted to say I've never had a glass screen protector, in fact it's been a long time since I've used any screen protector. But this Insignia is actually very nice for half the price of the Zagg.

harlenmm77

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2016
I went to Best Buy to get a Zagg, they didn't carry them yet so I just went with the Insignia brand. They put it on for me, but when they did so they had to pull up one corner to get a speck of dust out. He told me it would be fine after a while, but that corner is still not stuck down. I didn't ask how long I should give it. If it's been 24 hours should I go back? Or should I give it more time?

Also just wanted to say I've never had a glass screen protector, in fact it's been a long time since I've used any screen protector. But this Insignia is actually very nice for half the price of the Zagg.

I have the insignia one, not happy with it. Edges do not stay down at all. It will do for now until it's scratched and will replace it with something different.

Reactions: jjk454ss

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I have the insignia one, not happy with it. Edges do not stay down at all. It will do for now until it's scratched and will replace it with something different.

Good to know. I haven't scratch tested it yet. Back when I used screen protectors it was before the glass ones, I really like the glass. Maybe I'll use it for a week or two as is and see if they get the Zagg in

harlenmm77

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2016
Haha. Me too. I feel like with the lifetime warranty I don't mind spending the money on the Zagg if it's the best anyway.

The only advantage I see is that you can have best buy or carrier stores put it on for you and if they screw up , they replace it.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
The only advantage I see is that you can have best buy or carrier stores put it on for you and if they screw up , they replace it.

That's why I paid for the install yesterday, and they told me if I get a new one they will install that one without paying again. So if they get them in stock I'll probably just pick it up and have them put it on for me.

harlenmm77

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2016
This is how my insignia one is.
81ee41c4cbc5f2a9dd4902e2862e7d26.jpg

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
This is how my insignia one is.
81ee41c4cbc5f2a9dd4902e2862e7d26.jpg

Mine is only bad in one corner, but it's also only been on for one day. BestBuy.com shows that my local store has the iPhone 7 Plus screen protectors by Zagg in stock, but when I was there yesterday they only had the 6+ which they said is compatible although it covers up the speaker holes slightly. Obviously I didn't want that, so I went with the Insignia. I'm going to check tomorrow and see if they actually have the Zagg for the iPhone 7 in and just exchange it.

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York
Zagg isn't worth it. There are a ton of sub $20 ones on Amazon that are just as good.
Are those any better than the insignia one though? I would assume that they're the same.
Zagg may be overpriced/overrated, but their replacement policy is great. Whenever there is a problem you can submit a claim for a replacement on their website for about $5. They also let you switch to one of their other models as a replacement if you want. I understand that there are tons of other brands that have similar replacement policies, I'm just vouching for the fact that Zagg makes the process largely hassle free.

In regards to Zagg's 7/7 Plus screen protectors, I'm satisfied with their Glass+ model so far. The edges are slightly angled unlike their previous glass models. It also seems to be holding up better to scratching/chipping problems compared to other glass screen I've had in the past. I can confirm that if your able to find the right version all the cutouts will be correct around the speaker.

Don't get me wrong, if your convinced you can get a similar screen protector for a cheaper price you should go for that. I just think the Glass+ is a solid option for a widely available case friendly glass screen protector.

----------------------------------

On another note, I would love to hear some reactions to any of the sub-0.2 mm glass screen protectors.

Reactions: jjk454ss
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.