Mail app takes up 6.8GB of storage

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by flyingpengWINs, Sep 18, 2016.

1. flyingpengWINs macrumors newbie

I only have about 55GB available to use since I bought the 64GB Iphone 6, however my mail app is taking up 6.8GB of my phone storage. I deleted all my emails and even deleted the accounts like many solutions said but my mail still takes up 6.8GB? HELP I don't know what to do :(

2. Jal217 macrumors regular

Jal217

Try syncing it to your computer. That often helps when stuff you deleted isn't actually reducing the amount your phone has stored. This works when messages still takes up too much space after deleting them.

3. flyingpengWINs thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello I synced it to my computer but nothing happened? and after updating my phone to IOS10 the mail app now takes up 7.34GB.

4. GreekFeeling macrumors newbie

GreekFeeling

I've got the same issue! My mail app uses 5,7 GB of Storage. I deleted all mail accounts, rebooted the phone. Readded my accounts but still it shows up 5,7 GB of storage used in my phone! latest iOS 10 Version running! I don't want to restore my phone. Can anyone help??

Attached Files:

5. scapegoat81 macrumors 6502a

scapegoat81

6. Russtopher macrumors member

Russtopher

7. Cmdr Nudnik macrumors newbie

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to share that this worked for me on my iPad Air 2 running iOS 10.3.3. Instead of attempting to rent something, I went to the TV app and attempted to download one of my larger/longer digital movies (GotG2, CA:CW, etc.). Did that a couple of times, checked Storage in Settings, until Storage freed up from 632MB to 4.46GB.