Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpeg42

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
Orygun
I could be wrong, but the timing of shipments & notification of said shipments may just be a byproduct of delivery times to your specific address. It "regular" shipping would be 4 days, they'll send it today. Three days to your house? they'll send it tomorrow. Again, pure speculation but this could just be shipping logistics as an art form...

Good call. I am on the west coast, obviously closer to the Alaskan port, ordered on the 9th, and no tracking number yet.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I was rather shocked to get a notice from Apple that my 3GS (that I'm having shipped to me at work here on Friday since I'm 100 miles from the nearest Apple Store and my local AT&T stores are certifiably retarded) had shipped out this morning. From Shenzen, China. This should be interesting to track as it wings its way across the world to me....:D

OMG, do you Steve Jobs personally? I am still waiting for my tracking number

gcmexico

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
I could be wrong, but the timing of shipments & notification of said shipments may just be a byproduct of delivery times to your specific address. It "regular" shipping would be 4 days, they'll send it today. Three days to your house? they'll send it tomorrow. Again, pure speculation but this could just be shipping logistics as an art form...
that makes sense...I ordered the 8th, and live in NYC...if they ship it now I would get it by Wednesday...which by the way would be awesome:D

KauaiBruce

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2007
Kauai, HI
Ordered the 9th here from AT&T. Got tracking number. But not shipped. I am expecting that as they process our charges (the receipt says Charges not applied until item ships) we will get the shipped email and the status will change.

At this point I think the tracking status of AT&T and UPS will have no relation to each other with updates.

The Apple shipped to your house ones may have a little more shipping info but those go to your houses and our AT&T ones go to the stores. The last time I had something shipped from China it was stuck in Alaska with a customs hold for 2 days that drove me crazy. Hopefully UPS has better tracking from there. Fed Ex updates got confused some by crossing the international date line.

scotland007

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
I ordered through the Premier on the 10th and still on back order. I called a rep and was advised that they may not get the Phones till the 19th so should not expect it till next tuesday? Ah well this is my first iphone so waiting a little is fine. I still have my 2G Ipod Touch that i can get a semi fix with 3.0 on wednesday..

alm99

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2008

East Coast, upstate NY. I don't think that logic works. Bummer.

Lord Flashheart

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2007
Cardiff by the Sea, CA
I ordered a White 32GB yesterday through Apple. I live in San Diego, but will be in LA, so I had it shipped to the LA address. I got an email this morning. Not Yet Shipped, but it says delivery by June 19th. I was going to order earlier, but I was not sure where I would be on release day.

muthuka

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2008
Andover, MA
Sorry it is very small but if you can read it was actually "shipped" the 12th. No tracking info yet though. By the way I am in NYC. http://tinypic.com/r/2nrllll/5

ModNote: Please use this thread, officially dubbed official by me, on this day of our Lord 15 June 2009, 08:07 CDT, to discuss having a tracking number, show off your tracking number, criticize those who don't have tracking numbers, seek sympathy because you don't have a tracking number, criticize those who do have a tracking number, or otherwise chronicle the progress of your iPhone from whence it came unto you. :) --mkrishnan

No Tracking information yet. I am in Boston.

Nausicaa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
I was planning on just waiting in line at the Apple store Friday morning, but now I'm not so sure.

If one were to preorder the Iphone today on Apple's website, will they still try and get it here by the 19th? Has anyone else ordered their phone recently, and what's your shipping status??

ethana

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2008
Seattle, WA
I got my tracking number today too and it says "Shipped" on apple.com! Since I ordered Priority UPS, it should be here within 2 days. Plus, I am in Seattle which is pretty much the closest you can get to China in the 48 states (besides California/Oregon). So I should be one of the first to get it. Woohoo! I am excited.

jpeg42

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
Orygun
I ordered through the Premier on the 10th and still on back order. I called a rep and was advised that they may not get the Phones till the 19th so should not expect it till next tuesday? Ah well this is my first iphone so waiting a little is fine. I still have my 2G Ipod Touch that i can get a semi fix with 3.0 on wednesday..

Just curious, what made your order from the Premier store as opposed to Apple? I have a premier account too, but AT&T told me I should automatically get the discounted plan no matter where I buy the phone from. Did you get any other discount buying through the Premier store?

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
So has Apple used UPS before? Or is this new for them. In my years of buying products (dozens or more computers, phones, accessories, software) never once has it been UPS.

Also, do UPS packages from China enter in Alaska like FedEx? Or do they enter somewhere else for customs? Congrats to those with tracking numbers.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
i ordered my 16gb white last night (real late, around 3 AM EST), and it still says not yet shipped and i haven't gotten any confirmation emails yet...

I really hope it's on my doorstep by the 19th

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Looks like we all should have ordered from APPLE cause I ordered mine on the 9th and have confirmation of it being shipped with tacking number as well!! Even says I can pre-sign for it!!

i ordered on the 8th from :apple:, in the evening and my status still says: Prepared for Shipment :mad: :confused: :eek: :( :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.