Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Dude seriously....No. IGN is cool but the others are garbag'e...GT is only good for trailers and thats about it.

MRU...just hush:D

I don't know why we are still discussing the reviews.....we all know this game is on the grandest scale and MOST everyone will enjoy it except MRU.

Another AAA title for the PS3 my fellow PS3ers

Bless

* sneaks away dejected * :(

Hey I'm open to liking it. I'm really trying lately to get into games that I just simply could not get into before (racing games, sports games) so there's a chance I may like it.... :p

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Wow...I had MGS: PO for a while now and haven't really played it so I decided to take it to work and have a play through....its a really good game. This PSP title is on the same scale as its brethrens when it comes to story and pacing.

PO digs deeper into BIG BOSS's past and explains a few things....all MGS fans should play this game.

Bless

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
I've NEVER played a MGS game. :D

I had an old friend that used to go off about how great this series is.

I went to the new site, but it brought up 3 load bars in a row. BONEHEADS!!! :mad:

<]=)

notsofatjames

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
Wales, UK
Wow...I had MGS: PO for a while now and haven't really played it so I decided to take it to work and have a play through....its a really good game. This PSP title is on the same scale as its brethrens when it comes to story and pacing.

PO digs deeper into BIG BOSS's past and explains a few things....all MGS fans should play this game.

Bless

I hate to disagree, but I dont find PO that large a part in the whole metal gear story... unless you've played Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2 (not mgs1,2). Even then PO's story just isnt compelling enough to want to keep playing it for hours on end. And also, Big Boss becomes a bit of a background character once you get to Metal Gear Solid 1, and is hardly mentioned at all in MGS2. Maybe MGS4 will change all this and bring PO's story to more of a forefront in the whole Metal Gear saga, only a few days to go now...

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
* sneaks away dejected * :(

Hey I'm open to liking it. I'm really trying lately to get into games that I just simply could not get into before (racing games, sports games) so there's a chance I may like it.... :p

You hate it and it isnt even out yet :p;)

Then again you hate most every game so..

rike.jpg

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
I've waited a LOOONG time. I'm probably a bigger MGS fanboy than an Apple fanboy....

illtype

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2008
This game is going to the greatest game of all time. I will play it over and over again. I am going to camp out and wait for it. I cant stop dreaming about it. I think it will be better the gta4. I think it will be better then wii fit and rockband. I think it will be better then zelda mario and ff7. Who here burns ps3 games?

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Ahh! Someone on my PSN friend list is playing MGS4 right now. It was shipped a bit early. Anyway, I'll be heading to Gamestop at 10am tomorrow. No midnight launches allowed in town :mad:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Ahh! Someone on my PSN friend list is playing MGS4 right now. It was shipped a bit early. Anyway, I'll be heading to Gamestop at 10am tomorrow. No midnight launches allowed in town :mad:

wow it really is already out? you sure it wasnt the beta?

read much? :p:D

besides Beta has expired ;)

A few online retailers shipped a few days ago so some customers got their copy before the 12th. Im just going to pop into gamestop tomorrow and get mine and then proceed to wind Ed, 2ny and Sikkinixx up about how crap it is :D:p:) (I joke boys)

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I was watching some gameplay on justin.tv last night(I couldn't resist) Old snake and Laughing Octopus was laying the smack down and the transition from cut-scene to gameplay is butter smooth....almost made me bust a tear....I'm getting my copy tonight!

MRU let me break it down for you

PS: Otagon voice is annoying:)

Attachments

• mechamonkey2resize-468x.jpg
    mechamonkey2resize-468x.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 83

xparaparafreakx

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
It is a great game but I really do not care about the story. All I care about is resuming my Metal Gear Online killing sprees.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Well I've only played for an hour but can I just say..

"WOW" at the production values, the graphics are sublime and easily the best on the PS3 and right up there with the very best the 360 and PC have to offer.

Having said that, I haven't played much game yet, but the fact that the gameplay when it does kick in is so utterly seemless from the beautiful cutscenes really has taken my breath away.

Oh and what's with all the camera angles in the cutscenes carefully positioned so we can get a beautifully lit shot of snakes tight ass ? :D

Seriously though, yes I am impressed so far. Only annoyance for me was clearing up my HDD to get more space, but that's not the games fault really.

Great stuff. Hopefully it keeps me hooked as long as the wow factor remains throughout.

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2003
Well I've only played for an hour but can I just say..

"WOW" at the production values, the graphics are sublime and easily the best on the PS3 and right up there with the very best the 360 and PC have to offer.

Having said that, I haven't played much game yet, but the fact that the gameplay when it does kick in is so utterly seemless from the beautiful cutscenes really has taken my breath away.

Oh and what's with all the camera angles in the cutscenes carefully positioned so we can get a beautifully lit shot of snakes tight ass ? :D

Seriously though, yes I am impressed so far. Only annoyance for me was clearing up my HDD to get more space, but that's not the games fault really.

Great stuff. Hopefully it keeps me hooked as long as the wow factor remains throughout.

And don't forget... if you look closely...

A certain "computer" shows up frequently in the game. Let's just say Hideo must ben Apple man

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.