Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lavrishevo

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2007
NJ
Was just pricing the new MBP with 8gb of ram, 2.93, and the 256gb Solid State Drive.

:eek:$5,199.00 whew, hard to justify over 5 grand for a notebook.

apersianboyCOM

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
London, UK
Was just pricing the new MBP with 8gb of ram, 2.93, and the 256gb Solid State Drive.

exactly why I didn't get the 8GB RAM and 2.93 GHz processor!
besides, I'm sure the RAM will be cheaper in 6 months or so, and I'd rather pay for it then/install it myself!

trekster

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2009
Downey,CA
besides, I'm sure the RAM will be cheaper in 6 months or so, and I'd rather pay for it then/install it myself!

Well, I can understand the RAM since 8GB isn't necessary as of now for most users.

I spend the extra $270 on the CPU since you Can't Upgrade that. I'm also keeping the MBP for about 3 years. Basically, until my apple care expires.

jcotero

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2009
Placed an order for the my first MBP and going to have to wait till March 5th:(
Here are the specs
MBP 17/CTO
2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM 2X4GB
320GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm
SuperDrive 8X
DISPLAY-HI RES, GL,Widescreen
No DVI Adapter
N0 VGA Adapter
Apple Remote
No IWork Preinstalled
No Final Cut Exp Preinstalled
No Aperture Preinstalled
No Logic Exp Preinstalled
No Filemaker Preinstalled
No Microsoft Office Preinstall
KYBD/User's Guide

Ships: Mar 2
Delivers: Mar 5

dingus

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2008
check that again -- he had no software preinstalled. just a bumped up processor, ram and hdd.

infernohellion

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2006
København
Placed an order for the my first MBP and going to have to wait till March 5th:(
Here are the specs
MBP 17/CTO
2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM 2X4GB
320GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm
SuperDrive 8X
DISPLAY-HI RES, GL,Widescreen
No DVI Adapter
N0 VGA Adapter
Apple Remote
No IWork Preinstalled
No Final Cut Exp Preinstalled
No Aperture Preinstalled
No Logic Exp Preinstalled
No Filemaker Preinstalled
No Microsoft Office Preinstall
KYBD/User's Guide

Ships: Mar 2
Delivers: Mar 5

You are the first person, after five pages of people who ordered after me but still get it shipped before me, to have the shipped after me!

Where do you live?

zanoii

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2008
Sweden
MBP 17"
  • 2.93 GHz
  • Glossy screen
  • iWork '09 preinstalled
  • VGA and DVI adapters
  • No RAM upgrade

Ordered on jan 10 through APR (Sweden). Will call them tomorrow to check if they have an estimated delivery date.

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Sep 4, 2006

I know what you mean, for that much dough you can buy a 3.0ghz 8 core Mac Pro, 32gb of RAM (3rd party like transintl of course) + 30" ACD!~ :eek:

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Sep 4, 2006

I think for a mere $300 more the 2.93ghz upgrade is well worth it but the RAM you can always buy months later when it comes down in price to around $300-$400.

But the SSD drive is the only one worth paying that much if you really need the performance (its that much of a gain in speed as conventional hdds are the huge bottleneck to really take advantage all this time of the core 2 duo's and even core duos).

amitdoc2b

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2008
ordered mine the first hour they were available for pre-order.. ships feb 4th and receive feb 9th.. even tho i chose 3 day shipping..
I just ordered my first ever mac :D
I got the new 17" MBP with 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB 7200rpm HDD, British keyboard + Apple care!

On my order confirmation email from apple it says:

We estimate your order to be shipped 09 Feb, 2009.
We estimate your order will be delivered to your shipping address
on or before 18 Feb, 2009.

18th? so it's going to take 9 days to deliver it? that's ridiculous! I'm hoping it will be here before then! I'm far too impatient as it is! lol

Just wanted to check if anybody else had the same delivery time frame as me?

Tussen69

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2006
it been delayed

I´ve ordered one

MacBook Pro 17 Unibody
256 GB Solid State Drive
Antiglare - Display

tough I have no dilivery date because I´ve ordered via a Mac-Retail store they have told me that there dilivery date have been moved 2 times!

There seems to have happened something .... what I dont know, I just want my new mac ...

NightSailor

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Connecticut
Just ordered one today, 1-26-09

I have not been given a delivery date. I paid for the express FedEx delivery, so it should be here is 8-13 days--between Feb 5th and Feb 12th. Based on my experience with Apple, they tend to come in earlier than predicted.

My system:

2.93GHz Processor
4GB RAM
256GB SSD
Glossy Display--I think it looks better than matte.
Also ordered Final Cut Express and Aperture, and Apple Care.

For the price you'd pay for this at an online retailer without tax, I got the same thing direct from Apple Store after purchasing select membership at the Apple Developer Center (ADC).

The plus was I have access to ADC resources, and have access to early versions of software, etc.

I am a bit worried about what sort of SSD I will get. I'm hoping it will have the new Samsung drive. If it is not fast enough I'll move whatever it is into my Mac Mini and buy the Samsung drive later on when it is available on the street.

I noticed DDR3 memory is dropping. $903 at Memory America. It has dropped $200 in the last few weeks for 8GB (2x4GB) Ram. I don't think I'll need the extra Ram with the SSD, so I decided to wait on that. And it is still way cheaper at Memory America than at Apple.

NightSailor

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Connecticut
Confirmed 8-13 days to East Coast USA

I just got my confirmation message from Apple. 8-13 days [5-12 Feb]. This is with the priority 2-3 shipping once it comes into the US. Ordered today 26 Jan 2009.

Nikos

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2008
New York
I´ve ordered one

MacBook Pro 17 Unibody
256 GB Solid State Drive
Antiglare - Display

tough I have no dilivery date because I´ve ordered via a Mac-Retail store they have told me that there dilivery date have been moved 2 times!

There seems to have happened something .... what I dont know, I just want my new mac ...

How did you order it at an Apple Retail Store? Did you go in and pay for it in advance, or did you order it online? From what I understand, you can't order online and pick up in store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.