New Pride Watch Faces Available in watchOS 5.2.1

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacRumors, May 13, 2019.

1. Mansu944 macrumors 6502

How long is this acronym going to get? What will the final form be?

2. Futurix macrumors 6502

Futurix

The acronym will be complete when the heterosexuals will be added.

3. Glockworkorange macrumors 68000

Glockworkorange

Thank you sir, may I please have another.

Just keep banging and banging us over the head with this, while most people who wear the face will do so to signal their virtue and show they have the “correct” and “enlightened” social opinions.

“Hey, look at me! I’m one of the ‘good’ guys!”

4. pdaholic macrumors 65816

pdaholic

Needs a “P” in there too. Lando Calrissian is feeling left-out.

5. Glockworkorange macrumors 68000

Glockworkorange

Apple is actively taking sides in a larger culture war. People are allowed to have opinions without being belittled.

6. AdonisSMU macrumors 604

It's a rainbow. People have been doing rainbows since before Gays started using it in pride parades.
    --- Post Merged, May 13, 2019 ---
    *giggles* Firstly, this statement is ironic considering your previous post.

People just want to be treated like humans. It's not a war against or for anyone's "culture". You are free to do what's right for you and everyone else should be free to do the same.

7. bigandtasty macrumors 6502

bigandtasty

All about new watch faces, but how many different "Pride" faces does one need... Kinda ridiculous but Timmy's gotta have his favorites!

8. Glockworkorange macrumors 68000

Glockworkorange

The meaning is quite clear—it’s not a rainbow where there’s a pot of gold and leprechaun at the end of it.

9. Glockworkorange macrumors 68000

Glockworkorange

Sure. Maybe in Muslim countries. I don’t see a lot of gays being stoned to death or thrown off bridges in the USA. In fact, gays are so hated that the CEO of the biggest company in the US is a homosexual, as is one of the leading Democratic presidential candidates. From Indiana, no less!!

10. ChrisMoBro macrumors 6502

ChrisMoBro

What has this got to do with sex?

11. newyorksole macrumors 68040

Just because they’re not being stoned in the USA means that the majority of people love and accept gays? Wrong. Remember the PULSE nightclub shooting? Ever turn on the local news and see a gay person/couple get beat up or jumped?

Things are better now for the most part, but it doesn’t mean that everything is all good and it doesn’t mean that us gays can’t wear things to show our pride in being gay.

Why can’t you just let people be happy?

12. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

If you take verses out of context the above would be true, but even if so you don't see Jewelers and Tattoo artists trying to ban speech or force people to sell cakes for their wedding.

13. groove-agent macrumors 65816

groove-agent

I don't understand why Apple doesn't open up to 3rd party designed watch faces like other watches. Sell them in the store for $1 and let people choose their own faces to have. Having Tim choose them for us seems selfish and biased.

14. Suttree macrumors regular

Suttree

Exactly. Tim Crook wants Apple to be at the intersection of technology and liberal arts. Steve Jobs would have never allowed this.

15. hamiltonrwatch macrumors regular

hamiltonrwatch

or fixing Siri

16. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Do I have to be a member of the LGBT+ community in order to be allowed to ask a legal question now? Talk about being inclusive...

17. citysnaps macrumors 601

Why does it bother you so much? In other words, why do you care?

18. myrtlebee macrumors 68020

myrtlebee

The comments here alone remind me that there is still much work to be done getting society to understand. Disappointing, but not surprising.

19. pdaholic macrumors 65816

pdaholic

Apple Watch Face Developer: “Over the last 2 months, we’ve designed a new infograph watch face for the larger face on the series 4 that gets rid of the stupid analog arms and makes use of all the wasted space by making the complications larger and easier to read.”
    Tim Cook: “Is that all you got???”
    Apple Watch Face Developer: “Well...we spent 10 minutes making these two new gay pride faces.”
    Tim Cook: “Forget the former, let’s go with those!”

20. bluespark macrumors 68000

Inclusion is a core Apple value and always has been. The alternative isn't "straight pride" (which is not a thing), but rather exclusion. Nothing about a Pride flag should be alienating to anyone.

21. darthbane2k macrumors 6502a

Don’t we already have a pride watch face, or is this a replacement?

Still waiting on my Black Power Watch face.. but again I guess this is just about causes Timmy supports.

22. rjp1 macrumors regular

They are on 5.2.1 and they still haven't added the Sunrise/Sunset to the Infograph Modular watch face. They had time to add this crap though?

23. ipedro macrumors 601

ipedro

The fact that you don’t get it is why PRIDE exists. I won’t repeat what @LordVic already so eloquently explained. You should read it:

24. Altis macrumors 68030

Look nice, though not all that easy to read the time.

Ultimately, it's just a rainbow. To some, it can represent LGBT pride. To others, it could represent clown world. To people like me, it represents the spectrum of visible light. :D

25. dmylrea macrumors 68030

dmylrea

Maybe I'm wrong, but a sure way to get beaten to death for being who you are is by shouting out loud that you are gay.

Being "proud" ain't gonna change the mind of bigots. As a matter of fact, i'm sure it just infuriates them more.