Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brandhouse

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2014

The watchOS 5.2.1 update released today includes several rainbow-colored Pride watch faces that are new to the Apple Watch face gallery.

How about watch faces for heterosexuals? Or is that too politically incorrect? Not very inclusive is it if you single out a community to say, 'Here's something for you', but in effect you're actually forgetting or discounting others.

Reactions: BoneHead001

MarkB786

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
USA
Where are the religious watch faces? Oh wait... Apple would never allow having something for everyone. How inclusive of them.

They would allow it, but remember that you're talking about Silicone Valley. They would totally screw up anything "religious."

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
Hahaha, Christians—who make up the overwhelming majority of American adults at about 75% of the population—being afraid to discuss who they are is just precious, especially given that the religious right has gladly used that status to persecute the LGBTQ community and others throughout much of this country's history.

Spare me.

You just proved my point

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
This is indicative of the attitude of the American liberal. Tolerant of anything that is in line with the liberal ideology and socio-political philosophy but heaven forbid you have your own opinions and beliefs. That’s when the real “tolerance” is made clear. The most belligerent and intolerant people I’ve been around have been post-GWB liberals.
I was only joking with the guy. Sheesh. You folks sure are delicate around here.

Reactions: GuruZac

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
Saying my statement that I, as a gay man, am not interested in hearing Christians gripe about so-called persecution, counts as persecution proves mine.

I honestly have no clue what that means, but you’re definitely coming across as very closed-minded and hostile towards Christians simply for having a belief that differs from yours.

You can’t expect people to be tolerant and understanding if you aren’t willing to do the same for others.

NM08SRT8

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
Earf
Tim Crook seems to have forgot Apple is a technology company.

WAS... it was when Steve Jobs ran it. Tim’s biggest agenda is adding gay watch faces instead of more useful things like multitasking, more customization options for their phones, and open source on watch faces.
[doublepost=1557809140][/doublepost]
Saying my statement that I, as a gay man, am not interested in hearing Christians gripe about so-called persecution, counts as persecution proves mine.

That’s the beauty of all this, you have your freedom to be gay and speak your mind, and others have the freedom to not be gay, and speak their minds.. it’s a win-win, right? Lol

Jensend

macrumors 65816
Dec 19, 2008
This is indicative of the attitude of the American liberal. Tolerant of anything that is in line with the liberal ideology and socio-political philosophy but heaven forbid you have your own opinions and beliefs. That’s when the real “tolerance” is made clear. The most belligerent and intolerant people I’ve been around have been post-GWB liberals.

Liberal diversity: We should treat gay and straight people with equal respect.

Conservative diversity: We should treat anti-gay-rights and pro-gay-rights people with equal respect.

Reactions: WinterWolf90

Suspended
Jul 18, 2009
Some decent other watch faces would also be appreciated - so limited in choice from Apple. Or the ability for 3rd parties to create watch faces.

Last edited:
Reactions: RichardMZhlubb

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
I genuinely don’t understand why or how sex has become a thing that so many people feel the need to tout so publicly. What a strange reality we live in.

To be clear, this is just an observation. Not a political comment.

I am not really sure myself but with homosexuality I think it might have had to do with bringing it out so it could/can be normalized and accepted not something that was hidden/covered up/kept secret. I don't have any issues with homosexuality and I don't feel/think I am prejudice against it however the whole "we're here, we're xxxxx, get used to it" attitude can be a little grating however that aggressive attitude has its place but thankfully it isn't prevalent.

However I am old and I would never say anything out loud but if I see two people making out on the street(doesn't matter their genders) I do think to myself "Come on people, get a room already"..

BeforeTheMeds

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2016
Edomx, MX
That gay people are human beings? Which is going too far for some conservatives. :rolleyes:

Yes, how dare Apple "take sides" in the conversation over whether gay people are worthy of the same rights and dignity as everyone else.

Having a separate flag makes you a human being? Glad you cleared that up.

Do you really think this isn’t just another apple money grab?

Reactions: Marekul

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I’d su
This mentality is ... bizarre.

Supporting a cause of an underrepresented, and historically abused and persecuted class is not some slight or attack against people who they don't have watch faces for. Flipping around support of Pride as some form of divisiveness against you is just not cool and ony further evidences WHY more messaging for pride is still relevant in 2019

In that case case can I get a red black & green flag watch face option? Not just a photo face either. They even got a rainbow flag emoji. My people been historically abused and persecuted since before this country came into being and it’s still going on. So can we get our flag on there? Just saying.

Attachments

• 299647AB-ACCF-48B4-A01E-DA85D013F1E7.png
    299647AB-ACCF-48B4-A01E-DA85D013F1E7.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 146

BeforeTheMeds

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2016
Edomx, MX
You have not demonstrated that they're apples and oranges. Why is it okay for Chick-fil-a to donate to an anti-gay organization but not okay for Apple to offer a ****ing watch face?

Do you really not understand that the point is apple is adding it to the product they sell and the other companies are not? You seriously cannot see that makes it apples to roanges?
[doublepost=1557810783][/doublepost]
No it makes you a country!

Yes, but the person I replied to claims it makes them a human being.

ThisBougieLife

Suspended
Jan 21, 2016
Northern California
Having a separate flag makes you a human being? Glad you cleared that up.

Do you really think this isn’t just another apple money grab?

Offering the flag shows their support for the recognition of the dignity of LGBT people. I think you know what I meant. If you are going to be deliberately obtuse, I will not respond to you.
[doublepost=1557810939][/doublepost]
Do you really not understand that the point is apple is adding it to the product they sell and the other companies are not? You seriously cannot see that makes it apples to roanges?

So being political only matters when it's "adding to the product"? Where does this distinction come from?

Both are examples of a company's political views. That is all that is relevant.

BeforeTheMeds

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2016
Edomx, MX
Liberal diversity: We should treat gay and straight people with equal respect.

You left out something.

Liberal Diversity: Everyone should be treated exactly the same except those that should get hiring preference, school preference, special flags on watch faces (this one is sarcasm), etc.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
But many of these people do not want to be treated equally. They seem to want preferential treatment. In my honest opinion, we should treat everyone with the same degree of kindness.

What preferential treatment do they seem to want?
Butt plugs on the tax payers dollar, double enders maybe?
[doublepost=1557811302][/doublepost]
WAS... it was when Steve Jobs ran it. Tim’s biggest agenda is adding gay watch faces instead of more useful things like multitasking, more customization options for their phones, and open source on watch faces.
[doublepost=1557809140][/doublepost]

That’s the beauty of all this, you have your freedom to be gay and speak your mind, and others have the freedom to not be gay, and speak their minds.. it’s a win-win, right? Lol

Time biggest agenda is gay watch faces? How can a watch face be gay?

BeforeTheMeds

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2016
Edomx, MX
Offering the flag shows their support for the recognition of the dignity of LGBT people. I think you know what I meant. If you are going to be deliberately obtuse, I will not respond to you.
[doublepost=1557810939][/doublepost]

So being political only matters when it's "adding to the product"? Where does this distinction come from?

Both are examples of a company's political views. That is all that is relevant.

YOU Also made the claim I stated.

It’s very naive to think cook wouldn’t drop them like a hot potato if they do not sell. If it was about political views they would give them away or at least sell them at cost. It’s the money. Apple is ALL ABOUT the money. It has nothing to wo with which way cook’s pendelum swings. How much of apple’s billions has cook spent yo save gays from being murdered in arab countries? How many has he rven made a stand against? It’s all about money.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThisBougieLife

Suspended
Jan 21, 2016
Northern California
YOU Also made the claim I stated.

It’s very naive to think cook wouldn’t drop them like a hot potato if they do not sell. If it was about political views they would give them away or at least sell them at cost. It’s the money.

I like that the argument has suddenly changed to cynicism, i.e. "it's about money!" when you realize the argument that this is somehow egregious or radically different from what other companies have done has fallen flat on its face.

BeforeTheMeds

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2016
Edomx, MX
I like that the argument has suddenly changed to cynicism, i.e. "it's about money!" when you realize the argument that this is somehow egregious or radically different from what other companies have done has fallen flat on its face.

Try paying attention if possible. My position has not changed at all, the first position I posted was that it’s about the money.

ThisBougieLife

Suspended
Jan 21, 2016
Northern California
Try paying attention if possible. My position had been that it’s about the money from the beginning. Otherwise it would not have happened.

If that's true then everything Apple does is for money and one political action on their part is no different from any other.

This should be no more controversial than any other watch face, really.

BeforeTheMeds

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2016
Edomx, MX
If that's true then everything Apple does is for money and one political action on their part is no different from any other.

This should be no more controversial than any other watch face, really.

Where did I say it was controversial????? I don’t give a damn, I just said it’s about the money.

ThisBougieLife

Suspended
Jan 21, 2016
Northern California
Where did I say it was controversial????? I don’t give a damn, I just said it’s about the money.

You responded to me first, pal. I never once said anything about money. I was responding to the people who did think it was controversial.

You pretended to genuinely think that I thought that a flag makes someone a human being when you know that is not what I meant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.