Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sp3ctre

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2008
Harrogate, UK
Well I am guessing if our MBP's have actually reached Germany the German guys should take delivery first, so please keep us updated if you get yours :)

cheetahxt

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2010
When does it say your delivery date ?

It looks like we are all in the same status. I emailed UPS Germany but the answer I got was half automated, saying the disaster blah blah.

I just called UPS Germany. They told me the line "Brokerage Clearance... in Cologne" doesn't mean that much, because the Brokerage Papers are sent there electronically. It does NOT represent were the package currently is. :/

I hope she isn't right, but it sounded plausible.

steveLONDON

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2009
UK
Don't know why that would be! Mine says delivery expected today and it still says Origin Scan China on 17th as the latest update!

Hope it does arrive for you though!

Plus i'm in Ireland!

That's weird I just went back to check and there's now mention of Ireland now, so I'm confused. UPS just says 'In Transit'

My Origin Scan was also Shanghai so maybe it is stranded after all :(

Passenger88

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2010
The Netherlands
Having only one item in your order also speeds up the delivery as some shipping companies like to use particular hubs to group your items into one before forwarding them on. I made sure not to add a sleeve to my order this time for that very reason - four years ago, my friend and I ordered the same Macbook at the same time (me beating him slightly); only difference being that I added a sleeve to my order. Mine took a full 5 days longer to arrive due to it having to be grouped at some hub in Norway.

Yes, your right. If I knew it earlier I wouldn't have ordered my sleeve with my MCB. I called Apple to ask something about my order and I asked also if you order a case/sleeve if the transport will be delayed. She said yes it will be delayed with a couple days. :(:(:( Volcano was already killing me now this. Looks like I will receive it early May.

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2008
Berlin
I just called UPS Germany. They told me the line "Brokerage Clearance... in Cologne" doesn't mean that much, because the Brokerage Papers are sent there electronically. It does NOT represent were the package currently is. :/
Yes that what I think as well. Some people with the same status were told by UPS that the package is in Europe though.

simonwalton

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2010
Is reading the replies in this thread becoming somewhat of an obsession for anyone else? I like the comradeship! :)

spintje

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
Is reading the replies in this thread becoming somewhat of an obsession for anyone else? I like the comradeship! :)

I hope it's in Europe.

This thread starts to feel just like the old "Waiting for Arrandale" threads :D

I totally agree! I love how we are all in the same boat/container sitting in some dodgy Chinese airport, i just wish UPS would sort out their tracking messages, all this disappointment is unbearable!

*F5* *F5* *F5* *F5* *F5* *F5* *F5*

blah79

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2010
I'm in London, ordered the low end 15" MBP with the high res screen and a sleeve (why? If I'd known it would add to the shipping time I wouldn't have bothered) on the 14th.

When I log into my account,

The MBP says "Shipped on: Apr 17, 2010", "Estimated Delivery: 05 May, 2010 "

The Sleeve says "Shipped on: Apr 17, 2010", with a "track this shipment" button. But there's no carrier tracking number (just "In transit to final destination - carrier details to be updated shortly.")

I really want to be able to track something :mad:

I'm kind of hoping that my stuff is on some special "alternative" shipping route due to the volcano and that's why I've got no information. :rolleyes:

olesorensen01

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2009
Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm in Copenhagen, Denmark waiting for a 13".
According to the UPS tracking service it is supposed to be delivered today, but after reading this thread I don't believe that will be the case.

spintje

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
I'm in Copenhagen, Denmark waiting for a 13".
According to the UPS tracking service it is supposed to be delivered today, but after reading this thread I don't believe that will be the case.

When was yours shipped? Im in Aarhus waiting for the exact same thing, so chances are our MBPs are sharing a seat on a plane somewhere ;)

lloydhooson

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2007
I'm in London, ordered the low end 15" MBP with the high res screen and a sleeve (why? If I'd known it would add to the shipping time I wouldn't have bothered) on the 14th.

The Sleeve says "Shipped on: Apr 17, 2010", with a "track this shipment" button. But there's no carrier tracking number (just "In transit to final destination - carrier details to be updated shortly.")

I'm kind of hoping that my stuff is on some special "alternative" shipping route due to the volcano and that's why I've got no information. :rolleyes:

I'm in the exact same boat as you. No tracking number, nothing other than it's shipped on 17th. I think it's just siting in the factory. I want my macbook to be at least picked up and moved somewhere out of the factory!!

blah79

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2010
I'm in the exact same boat as you. No tracking number, nothing other than it's shipped on 17th. I think it's just siting in the factory. I want my macbook to be at least picked up and moved somewhere out of the factory!!

I have a bad feeling that the sleeve will arrive today and I'll have to sit there looking at it for the next 2 weeks before the MBP arrives :(

rlunie

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2010
Exactly the same as mine... Very exciting, we will see if any of us receive it today... Im eagerly anticipating the ring of the door bell, probably in vain :D

I'm the same - copenhagen. Highly doubt it'll show up today. Called UPS and they said I'd be lucky to see it this week...

spintje

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
I'm the same - copenhagen. Highly doubt it'll show up today. Called UPS and they said I'd be lucky to see it this week...

Did they give any clue as to whether or not it was actually in Cologne or stuck in Shanghai? I decided on not to call UPS simply not to burst my own bubble...

hppy29

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2007
Essex, UK
UPS Update

UPS have this on their website:

Service Update:

Following the volcanic eruptions in Iceland, many European countries have closed their airspace with resulting disruption to UPS flights. Shipments to, from and within Europe will likely experience delays. Please note that our regular collection operations for all UPS services will still take place today. UPS is closely monitoring the situation, which is changing from one hour to the next, and we are making adjustments to our network as necessary to best serve our customers.

UPS service guarantees do not apply when transportation networks are disrupted by extraordinary circumstances such as these.

thomasnefferson

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2010
Mine was shipped out of Shanghai Friday; arrived in Newark over the weekend and is now on the truck to me here in New York. Even though delivery estimate still says April 21, it looks like it's going to arrive two days early :).

Spandexman

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2009

I'm in EXACTLY the same boat as you! Did you get an e-mail from Apple Ireland today? My e-mail said DDP UK, which I think means delivery duty paid. Maybe it's in Ireland? i'd like that :)

jamescwarren

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2005
Isle of Man
I just rang UPS again, and got a completely different story to when I rang this morning. This morning the woman said that it was on its way from Shanghai, the tracking info just hadn't been updated yet. Now though, it hasn't left Shanhai at all. Until the airspace is cleared they will not be leaving Shanghai, or using any alternative routes. Thanks UPS. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.