MikeArtworks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2015
Hi!

I currently use my MacBook Pro 13 inch with touch bar for everything I do (browsing, movie watching, designing and occasionally gaming).

I design in Photoshop CC (2017), and it works great when I'm not using my external monitor. Now the problem is that when I use the monitor and I have the Mac in clamshell mode, it starts being really choppy as soon as I use photoshop in full screen. Only when I scale the window down to about half of the screen, it starts running smoothly again.

I have a fully specced 13 inch 2016 (i7 3.3 ghz, 16gb ram) and I think it should be able to run it.. right?

Screen: LG 27 inch (usb C) screen 4k.

So in short:

When photoshop fills the screen on the external 4k monitor, it is really choppy, even when just adjusting a few shapes. Only way to get it smooth again is to make the window smaller, so scale the window down.

Any idea what I can do?

Thanks!

MikeArtworks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2015
Thunderbolt 3..

I can have a 4k video running on the monitor and doing photoshop full screen on my laptop without lagging, but as soon as I full screen photoshop on the monitor, it becomes really choppy, even when the macbook (pro) is closed..

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.