Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Right, lets get this out there right from the off, the MOST impressive tablet so far has been Lenovo's 8" full blown Windows 8.1 tablet, impressive achievement and a hell of a lot more 'Pro' then this Samsung crap.

Now, to this Samsung crap, what the hell? I mean what the hell? The new Note 12.1" is actually higher specced then the Pro 12.1"!

You can see the idiot who cam up with this selling it to the board:
Let's take all our existing tablets... yes.... stick a 'Pro' moniker on them.... yes..... and then hope the public is dipped into buying them, again!!! Hooray do it DO IT DO IT!!!

What an utter utter utter fail! For once I seriously hope IF Apple make a 'Pro' iPad, it actually offers something Pros would want from a bigger tablet!

So if you must have a bigger Galaxy tab, just get the 12.1" Note and have something thats extra and not on the Pro version, I.E. the S pen.

Oh and the other great tablet news I thought was Nvidia's new Tegra super chip offering more power then an Xbox 360 or PS3, heat news for tablet gamers as it will push everyone else along to do the same.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Dude. My phone can be a mother****ing TV remote.

I don't know why anyone would buy an iPhone when you can get the clearly superior Samsung™ Galaxy® 4G LTE™ Snapdragon™ NFC© Quad-Core® PenTile™ 128 GB, now with TV Remote Plus.™
Ok, pretty sure this was sarcasm, but I'm trying to figure out what kind. :confused:

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Maybe you have a poltergeist...? :eek:
But seriously, I had a Samsung TV that I liked a lot, and basically started doing the same thing. Just started turning off and on. Kind of annoying when you are watching a program and it just shuts off. I'm now a happy Visio user (cheap price, but still great quality IMHO).
You guys should check for me outside your window laughing.

----------

If someone is writing me an email without thinking, I dont want to waste my time reading it.
Has anybody written an email WITH thinking?

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Son of a mother!

Time to bring the big guns! (iPad Pro with 4K, 4G LTE, 512 GB of storage, and 4GB of RAM)

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
What would people on here actually want to see in a 'Pro' iPad of 12"? I'm interested.

I can see the point in a 12" Note because you can really use the pen, but tell me what you want an iPad to offer.

I would go with incredible battery life, great sharp Retina screen, cameras are meh, same as current, I would also want full multitasking and the ability to show two screens at the same time etc but Apple style. I guess full blown OSX could be cool, would certainly make for a Pro product.

LeFrancoy

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2013
HoCanada
Why is it pathetic? Did Samsung just design and begin manufacturing these tablets since the Apple rumor surfaced a few days ago? Is that what people really think?

If I remember correctly, the "large iPad" rumours go back to last july. They became known as "iPad Pro" rumours once the iPad Air was announced.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
What would people on here actually want to see in a 'Pro' iPad of 12"? I'm interested.

I can see the point in a 12" Note because you can really use the pen, but tell me what you want an iPad to offer.

I would go with incredible battery life, great sharp Retina screen, cameras are meh, same as current, I would also want full multitasking and the ability to show two screens at the same time etc but Apple style. I guess full blown OSX could be cool, would certainly make for a Pro product.

I think your ideas are a good start. I think a pen would be a good idea along with multitasking, and being able to show two screens at once. How about a file system and a USB 3 port or something of that nature so you didn't need to use iTunes?

----------

If I remember correctly, the "large iPad" rumours go back to last july. They became known as "iPad Pro" rumours once the iPad Air was announced.

The new Samsung's multitask, so they didn't copy Apple.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Wtf is Samsung doing. They took a decent niche product in the original note 10.1 and butchered it. They've made changes that just seem like they threw fuzzy nerf balls onto a velcro wall and what ever stuck was implemented.

I hope Apple does something with the extra space and it's not just a blown up iphone/ipad.

Why should you care what Samsung does? Would it really make a difference to you if Samsung released 1 tablet or 1000 tablets in 2014? I think you already made up your mind that you want to buy an Apple product so why bother attacking them for product aimed at android users?

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2011
UK
Why should you care what Samsung does? Would it really make a difference to you if Samsung released 1 tablet or 1000 tablets in 2014? I think you already made up your mind that you want to buy an Apple product so why bother attacking them for product aimed at android users?

Careful. I nearly got banned for asking the same rational question a few months ago.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
I think your ideas are a good start. I think a pen would be a good idea along with multitasking, and being able to show two screens at once. How about a file system and a USB 3 port or something of that nature so you didn't need to use iTunes?

Hmm that's a good idea, I forgot you can't manage files on iOS, it would be great to have the ability to manage files like OSX. I use ES File Explore on my Nexus 7 and it works great.

Yeah I think if it sticks to iOS, under the hood you should get at least a 9000mah battery, a quad core 64bit 2GHZ CPU with 2GB of ram and a high end quad core PowerVR 6 series GPU with 1 or 2gB of RAM. Minimum 32GB storage.
And then iOD but a pro version with full file management, copy and delete features from external sources like USB or cameras etc.

Split screen capabilities, FULL email client with support for multiple attachments etc, optional pen input, more customisation options and better enterprise interaction and features.
FULL multi tasking capabilities, not just pausing an app when switching, I would have said NFC too as more cameras are being fitted with it but I doubt Apple will ever use that, USB 3 would be nice too.

SgtPepper12

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2011
Germany
Never got the whole hype of "desktop like" multitasking on tablets. I don't even use it like that on my desktop, seriously. I find full-screen apps much more convenient, especially since Mavericks.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Hmm that's a good idea, I forgot you can't manage files on iOS, it would be great to have the ability to manage files like OSX. I use ES File Explore on my Nexus 7 and it works great.

Yeah I think if it sticks to iOS, under the hood you should get at least a 9000mah battery, a quad core 64bit 2GHZ CPU with 2GB of ram and a high end quad core PowerVR 6 series GPU with 1 or 2gB of RAM. Minimum 32GB storage.
And then iOD but a pro version with full file management, copy and delete features from external sources like USB or cameras etc.

Split screen capabilities, FULL email client with support for multiple attachments etc, optional pen input, more customisation options and better enterprise interaction and features.
FULL multi tasking capabilities, not just pausing an app when switching, I would have said NFC too as more cameras are being fitted with it but I doubt Apple will ever use that, USB 3 would be nice too.

It needs 2GB of RAM at a minimum, and if it is truly a Pro model, even more. I say 64GB of storage for starters and reasonable prices for upgrades. You should definitely be able to connect a camera by USB 3 at minimum, NFC would be nice too. If these types of devices are going to replace laptops, they need to do more things as easily as a laptop does. I don't really see the need for a fancy camera as it would be quite awkward to use for pictures, but a decent camera for web use would be nice. I'd like to be able to plug a flash or external drive in to transfer files or view pics, etc.

And stereo speakers too.

flux73

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2009
Wow, such innovation! 12.2"? Why didn't I think of that?? I couldn't have imagined anything over 10"!

(Obligatory: that's what she said!)

gatearray

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Well for PRO users, you can have your video conference call on while you have your email up and running while your able to see the power point presentation while your looking up relevant information on the Web.

That sounds like hell on earth, no thanks. :)

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
I've always HATED TouchWiz UI but I have to say I am EXTREMELY impressed with the new line of tablets and I really like the UI.

Hopefully it'll trickle down into their smartphones. I'm thinking I might wanna snatch up the new TabPro 8 but it doesn't come with an S-Pen and Android is pretty mediocre on tablets...

alexgowers

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2012
I genuinely believe apple has prototype of watches large tablets etc but the difference is they don't go and release them they're just experiments. Samsung trying to go first makes them look like fools, I'm just glad not one of these me first products has been any good and also been a market failure.

I think apple is baiting a little as well.

Screen will be for a mac air for sure with retina, I hope now but touch screen might be there too but I just can't see how osx could work and ios would be not much better, so yeah it's pretty much just a mac book air screen. Sorry folks my spidey senses are tingling on this one.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010

I'm sorry but Samsung has been releasing large product after large product for a few years now. Their first Android phone had a 3.2" display, followed by 4.0", 4.3", 4.65", 4.8", 5.0", 5.3", 5.5", 5.7", 5.8" and 6.3". Just looking at their phone history shows that Samsung has been increasing display size so what makes that any different when it comes to their tablets?
And the only reason why Apple is going to release a larger phone this year is because of Android/Samsung. They sure as hell can't stay with the same 4" display as the only option. Half of the Apple customer base want a smaller device and the other half wants larger. Apple will eventually do what Samsung is doing; there is no such thing as one size fits all.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
I genuinely believe apple has prototype of watches large tablets etc but the difference is they don't go and release them they're just experiments. Samsung trying to go first makes them look like fools, I'm just glad not one of these me first products has been any good and also been a market failure.

I think apple is baiting a little as well.

Screen will be for a mac air for sure with retina, I hope now but touch screen might be there too but I just can't see how osx could work and ios would be not much better, so yeah it's pretty much just a mac book air screen. Sorry folks my spidey senses are tingling on this one.

Why? I as a consumer would love to have more great products to chose from regardless of who makes them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.