Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

claaariii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2010
Hi!

can anybody recommend a free and simple photo/design program to run on El Capitan?

All I need to do is crop, resize, and layer a bunch of little images onto a single page, to then print and cut out (we're making our own stickers :))

I used Photoshop CS3 before buying a new computer with a newer OS, but basically all I need is to:

load a bunch of little image files into a program, be able to crop (some are already "ready to use", others I may need to cut out the shape or something), then drag them all onto the same page and be able to resize them individually to make them more or less the same size, and move them around to take advantage of the space on the page. Seems pretty straightforward but none of the ones I've tried so far make it simple...I had downloaded Pixelmator and Acorn but both trials ran out before I really got to use them, but wasn't happy with either anyway. I can't seem to get GIMP to open. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
can anybody recommend a free and simple photo/design program to run on El Capitan?

If you're looking for free, your choices are going to be very limited. You can try GIMP again since it's free. Also you should be able to use "Photos" and "Preview" together to do cropping and resizing as both are included with El Capitan. Personally, I use Pixelmator which is a bit more complicated than Photos or Preview but it works great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.