Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silber

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2009
Worst case scenario, you can meet me at the CC on Outer Loop tomorrow and we can pick ours up there!! If they don't make the truck for delivery, they should be available after they open.

Yeah, but I'm guessing they just haven't scanned them yet--at least with this many switched to Monday. I'd expect UPS to automatically adjust the expected delivery date if a tracking number hasn't been scanned by a certain point. Like I said, I'm still expecting them to show up and the date to flip back once they're scanned in Louisville.

Reactions: kycophpd

pradeepbabloo

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2016
Scheduled Delivery Updated To:

Monday, 09/24/2018 , By End of Day

:( :( :(

Update: Now it went to KY from AK, why do you send it to almost east coast from west coast?
LOCATION DATE LOCAL TIME ACTIVITY
Louisville, KY, United States 09/20/2018 11:23 P.M. Import Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 09/20/2018 8:52 A.M. Departure Scan
09/20/2018 7:04 A.M. Arrival Scan
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 09/20/2018 1:39 P.M. Departure Scan
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 09/17/2018 4:59 P.M. Arrival Scan
Shenzhen, China 09/17/2018 3:00 P.M. Departure Scan
09/17/2018 2:00 P.M. Export Scan
09/17/2018 2:00 P.M. Origin Scan
China 09/17/2018 2:53 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Last edited:

jediandrew97

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2018
So after a nice talk with UPS. She passed me this info! She told me to completely disregard the tracking on the website. They are having technical issues with Apple and Tracking. She told me my package left Kentucky at 3:10pm today and was on a plane to Denver. It will be delivered tomorrow. All this delayed shipment stuff floating around is a glitch. So hold on to hope my fellow macrumors members!

Edit mine shows stuck in China hence me calling
I just called also and the lady has different tracking info says it should still arrive tomorrow Friday not Monday and says it may be a glitch last scan she said showed it was last in Alaska, mine said it left at 8:52 AM today 9/20 anyone have the same info I have but updated to be in Kentucky or closer to its destination?

sbuntin

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2011
Portland OR
I looked at my shipment info on UPS, and saw the reschedule to 9/24.
Then started reading through this thread. About halfway through page two, I decided to setup leave-it-at-a-UPS-store as a backup.
Went and logged back in to UPS, and delivery time had been updated to 9/21 by 4pm.

There's hope still, for my first ever launch day delivery.

hiluxsurf

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2017
So after a nice talk with UPS. She passed me this info! She told me to completely disregard the tracking on the website. They are having technical issues with Apple and Tracking. She told me my package left Kentucky at 3:10pm today and was on a plane to Denver. It will be delivered tomorrow. All this delayed shipment stuff floating around is a glitch. So hold on to hope my fellow macrumors members!

Edit mine shows stuck in China hence me calling

Man I hope so.. Mine arrived in China 9/17.. and it still says it is there.... :(

Reactions: qwerty1202

Iconoclysm

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
Washington, DC
Looks like $999 or $1,099 doesn't leave Apple with enough profit to book enough UPS flights.

No pay, no flights.

View attachment 785230

This is the type of thing that will get someone fired. Not only should he never divulge that type of info to a customer of his customer, it's likely simply the way it appears in their system and is what is causing the misreports.

meetryancito

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2018
I’m going to guess this is the flight out of AK that shows as 2:10 PM... midnight at KY should still give it enough time to make Houston for tomorrow.... So much anxiety.

Attachments

• CE19DC4E-6E2F-4B1A-86ED-817B3C750097.jpeg
    CE19DC4E-6E2F-4B1A-86ED-817B3C750097.jpeg
    701.2 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: kycophpd

EdT

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2007
Omaha, NE
I hope they never attempt to make their own delivery service. Amazon did this and it’s the worst thing ever. It single handedly made me cancel my prime subscription I’d had for 12 years.

I do agree that Apple shouldn’t be so concerned about the release date delivery. Ship them a week or so before release date and they deliver when they deliver.
Since Apple has no experience in it I hope they don't try either, but since this appears to be a high demand year they are going to at least temporarily irritate a lot of customers.

ZRoman

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2018
As of 8;00 pm local time, mine still says delivery on Friday the 21st. But Apple should quit trying to be cute and stage things so everyone in a country gets the item the same day. If it's that important then either develop their own delivery service (damn expensive) or get them to a warehouse in the country first, then distribute. Or spread them out over a couple of days until you have a reliable delivery system to deliver massive numbers of phones in a single day. It's not worth the bad press of people complaining about not getting the phone when promised.
Is yours showing still in Shenzhen? That’s what mine says.
my phone is back to CN WTH!!!

Brentleeper

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2013
I'm in same boat as well. Was Sept 21st all week until an hour ago. Whats going on Apple?

This is not an Apple issue, this is UPS dropping the ball. But Apple should consider using multiple delivery services for day 1 pre order deliveries of this scale.

Glockworkorange

Suspended
Feb 10, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
Yep. I have a 2:10PM departure scan from Anchorage and a pushed back 9/24 delivery date.
This sucks and I'm sorry to anyone who got hosed liked this.

The whole point of staying up after midnight and refreshing the page or whatever to make sure you get the order in within a few minutes is to get the damn thing on launch day.

Free cases!!

felixroqu3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2012
New York, NY
Mine shows it left Anchorage, AK at 3:26pm. Says information unavailable for the scheduled delivery date. After Anchorage, where else does it go to? I live in NYC.

steven3130

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2017
I ordered the 256gb Max and it’s shipping via UPS...mine is still good for Friday delivery. Left Anchorage at 2:10pm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.