Carrier Sprint iPhone X/8/7s Pre-Order and Dispatch Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snowtrooper1966, Sep 12, 2017.

1. snowtrooper1966 thread starter macrumors regular

snowtrooper1966

No, unfortunately you cannot pre-enroll in the Apple iUp program....

You can upgrade your line through the Apple app during preorder, with the caveat that Sprint servers are online and can verify the upgrade eligibility query at that moment.

2. kthomas38 macrumors member

In your best opinion, would it be faster to just order it online from sprint then? Or is it possible just to pay full price for the phone and enroll after the phone was been ordered?

3. Kilosa macrumors newbie

So I get home from work and guess what is on my steps outside in the rain a box from sprint I open it and it’s my phone!!!! Yet no update online. Wtf! I’m happy I got my phone but I’m piss I didn’t know it was coming someone could have took it.

4. abeautifuldesignnc macrumors newbie

abeautifuldesignnc

Anyone having issues activating there iPhone 8 pluses? Both mine and my wife’s silver 256gb pluses came today. It just says no service at the top

5. gower2352 macrumors member

gower2352

Did you call and have them activated?

6. txw7007 macrumors member

txw7007

Yes you have to activate online. It made me chat with a representative but took less than 10 minutes for both phones. Make sure the phone matches the assigned number though.

7. snowtrooper1966, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017

snowtrooper1966 thread starter macrumors regular

snowtrooper1966

Tough call...
    Think you would have best chance of getting it at launch if you preordered and paid in full from Apple.
    Transaction would go through fastest, as you were not mucking about with upgrade queries to Sprint.

We all take our chances direct from Sprint.
    Maybe they don’t come online at 12.01 midnight, maybe the servers get bogged down and we’ve all read the complaints about shipping delays and seemingly random preorder ship order....

If you do straight out buy from Apple, I would suggest calling 1st thing that next morning and tell them you want the join the iUp program.
    They have a 14 day return window, so if by chance they won’t allow you to enroll the device you purchased a few hours earlier, they may be able to order one that would count as part of the enrollment process and get it to you within the 14 day return period....

8. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I just switched from ATT to sprint, and they seem a bit disorganized to me. My wife set up my new phone and plan since I am joining her on a family plan. The phone got to me with no problems, but I didn't get a return kit for my old trade-in. So I got on twitter and asked if I could return to a store and they said yes. I called the local sprint store and they said since it was an online promotion that I had to send it back. Then Sprint twitter told me to request a trade-in kit online but when I go to the trade-in page, it says there are no eligible lines.

I'm just really confused. On top of that, I'm trying to trade my silver in for a gold and I'm not sure what to do for that either.

9. uknation87 macrumors regular

uknation87

I'm pretty sure if you take your old phones to an actual Sprint Store (not an authorized 2nd/3rd party dealer) they can help you out.

10. mzengr macrumors regular

mzengr

I got an email today saying my preordered phone is ready for pick-up. SMH. This company is just...

Im not going anywhere though...at least not right now!

11. brgjoe macrumors member

Probably will get the 8+ (still deciding on color) from Sprint. But will wait until they can get their collective crap together. Seems like they are still a bit disorganized with the rollout.

Question though: I have been with Sprint for years. My first (and current) iPhone 6 is with them. If I get another iPhone from them, do I just transfer the sim card from my old iPhone 6 to the new iPhone 8+? Or does the new iPhone 8 have a sim card in it itself that I need to activate online with Sprint?

12. jcsquid3692 Suspended

jcsquid3692

Well this just happened... & I dont think ANYONE will be pleased; Maybe i will make the switch this yeat after all :(:(:(

For all the iPhone X people

Attached Files:

13. uknation87 macrumors regular

uknation87

When I went from the "6" to the 7+ I had everything backed-up on the cloud but for whatever reason (probably user error) I couldn't seem to get the info onto my new phone.

I ended up taking the phones to a legit Sprint Store (non 3rd party "authorized dealer) and they simply hooked the phones to some machine they have in house and transferred all the data from one to the other with no problem. It's a free service too.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 29, 2017 ---
    I am assuming that you're referring to the lack of monthly payment options... if so, I am willing to bet that will change upon the official pre-order and launch.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who can fork over $1,000 + for the Iphone X but Apple/Sprint have to know that it would greatly decrease their ability to sell that item without the monthly payment option.

If you're referring to something completely different then I totally missed it. Sorry.

14. sactownbwoy macrumors regular

EF805AB4-B6FD-4C10-926B-F666CBA923C4.jpeg

Pretty sure that’s just a place holder, because it says “0-yr” for the term and doesn’t give any options. At least I hope it’s incorrect. I already got the 8+ but it would suck if I wanted the X and the the only option is to buy it outright.

15. jcsquid3692 Suspended

jcsquid3692

Exactly what i was pointing at lol

16. MistrSynistr macrumors 6502a

Sprint is merging with T-Mobile anyhow and you know darn well it isn't keeping the Sprint name.

17. mzengr macrumors regular

mzengr

What??

18. mzengr macrumors regular

mzengr

You may have to if you order online and the phone is shipped to you. When I picked mine up in the store I got a new sim with the phone.

19. mzengr macrumors regular

mzengr

20. jcsquid3692 Suspended

jcsquid3692

:apple:Still waiting.... But ordered myself case & Screen protector until then 10/27 seems
    So far

Attached Files:

21. Volusia macrumors 6502

Volusia

Got an 8 Plus and two 8 models Tuesday at my local Sprint store. Updated my plan, got better price, plus upgraded from iPhone 6 models to 8 models, still less money.

22. Mhanos macrumors newbie

Cool, I didn't realize 2 year contracts were still around either. I was going to hold onto my iphone6 that has started to have some issues but keeping my plan and getting the 2yr price might be a nice option.
    Is there anything different about the 2 year contract from apple vs the 2 year contracts we used to get at the carrier?

23. teeitup macrumors newbie

Same exact thing. The contract is still with Sprint and not Apple. One benefit from upgrading through Sprint.com is they are currently waiving the activation fee although the 2-year contract upgrade option on the Sprint website seems to be targeted.

24. simplyterrie macrumors newbie

simplyterrie

I ordered the iPhone 8+ 64gb, Gold today. I tried to order it on 10/2 but Sprint cancelled the order claiming they need to verify my husband's identity (he is the account holder). My hubby was not pleased...anyway today's status the iPhone is 10/5-28 so we shall see how long this takes to get it. They did take the $10.00 for shipping today but I do not know if that is a good sign or not.