Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Lol why would you do that??? what a horrible idea!!! Lol “I don’t like the idea of a 2 week wait. Let me delete it!”
Boy he really showed Apple didn’t he. Bet Tim Cook lying awake in bed because you didn’t get date you wanted and cancelled order that in all probability would have it’s date improved.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Privilege. This is the kind of stuff I see around me all the time. Before people start throwing stones, look at your life and see where you might be doing the same thing. Expecting things to happen to and for you because that's 'just how things go'. I'm not gonna blast his person because many of you do the same thing in everyday life.
Not sure what kind of entitlement the rest of us have exhibited in our lives...

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Ugh. The stupid Apple Store App wasn't working... finally I got in, and got November 10th - November 17th. I was pissed, so I canceled the pre-order - Now when I try to re-buy it, I get a 5-6 week shipping estimate?

The worst part is i didn't sleep last night. This is how Apple treats its most loyal customers?
Given the title of your thread and opening post, it might behoove you to look in the mirror and consider doing some personal maturity growth work.

AppleChic76

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
No one who ordered T-Mobile got launch day delivery. I had mine in at 12:03 and I'm the same boat. Evidentially T-Mobile was 1-2 weeks out from the beginning.

They did if they called T-Mobile

<—-launch day T-Mo order here.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
They did if they called T-Mobile

<—-launch day T-Mo order here.
Yes, I meant with the app or on Apple.com. I did a JOD upgrade over the phone and got launch day delivery and also ordered with the app. As you probably know now, those of us who ordered early with the app and got 11/10-11/17 delivery dates have been bumped up to launch day.

NewtonPippin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2015
I'm going to ignore the calling out of "troll" from some users here - I've been around for years, my post record speaks for itself. (Yes, I made a joke in the pre-order thread... sue me)

I'm even more livid now to hear that they moved up orders, especially for T-Mobile customers. I was furious because i didn't get a launch day date. That's why I canceled my order. Now it sounds like if i had kept my order, I'd have it on launch. That's a TERRIBLE way to treat loyal customers. Tell me upfront what day I'm getting my phone. Don't surprise me. And now I'm punished as a result and have to wait till around Christmas to get my phone.

I will be waiting in line at the local apple store Friday morning, but I'm going to ask Apple to provide some sort of compensation - Either a discount on the device, or maybe free accessories. If they aren't happy to comply, I'll be happy to take my business elsewhere.

rainafterthesun

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
I'm going to ignore the calling out of "troll" from some users here - I've been around for years, my post record speaks for itself. (Yes, I made a joke in the pre-order thread... sue me)

I'm even more livid now to hear that they moved up orders, especially for T-Mobile customers. I was furious because i didn't get a launch day date. That's why I canceled my order. Now it sounds like if i had kept my order, I'd have it on launch. That's a TERRIBLE way to treat loyal customers. Tell me upfront what day I'm getting my phone. Don't surprise me. And now I'm punished as a result and have to wait till around Christmas to get my phone.

I will be waiting in line at the local apple store Friday morning, but I'm going to ask Apple to provide some sort of compensation - Either a discount on the device, or maybe free accessories. If they aren't happy to comply, I'll be happy to take my business elsewhere.

Then be happy.

I can tell you right now if you go in with that attitude you’re not getting jack.

You may get something if you turn on the waterworks, give your best sad puppy face and essentially “beg” for some sort of free accessory. No way on the discount on iPhone ten.

Who do you think you are anyways? I’m really curious. Obviously not a “troll”. But are you some sort of celebrity? Hedge fund baby? Are you a distant cousin of Angela’s?

sdwaltz

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Indiana

You’ve been here for years so you know how all this works, yet you think Apple is going to play along with that scheme? As has been mentioned 50+ times here already, YOU canceled your preorder because you weren’t happy with your result. That is on you, not Apple. Apple has been known to compensate customers when Apple has wronged them. They will not compensate you for a temper tantrum. Won’t happen.

The entitlement is real.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: w7ay and ssrij

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
LOL just wow, furious didnt get a launch date because everyone cannot get one; and then want freebies or packing up your toys and leaving.

buh bye!

Reactions: sdwaltz

questionmark32

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
Not sure what kind of entitlement the rest of us have exhibited in our lives...

Well based on your socioeconomic status among other things I won't state here because it would start a war of words, there are many things the people do that is seen as privilege
[doublepost=1509209976][/doublepost]

And because of your absolute sense of entitlement, I hope they compensate other patrons by not giving you a phone and give it to someone more deserving.

lordhamster

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2008
Not to add salt to the wound, but I had the original Nov 10-17 ship date, my card was charged today and my delivery estimate revised to November 3rd. Also for a T-Mo phone bought through the Apple Store.

DeftwillP

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2011
All of you guys calling him a petulant child or entitled brat should check your inboxes. Weaselboi and the mods care more about someone’s feelings getting hurt over being called a troll then all of us potentially losing IQ points for being exposed to OP.

At this point, just delete my account. It’s not even fun anymore. “I was promised launch day delivery” Jesus f’n H. Yup, not a troll at all.

Reactions: myscrnnm

NewtonPippin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 18, 2015
Not to add salt to the wound, but I had the original Nov 10-17 ship date, my card was charged today and my delivery estimate revised to November 3rd. Also for a T-Mo phone bought through the Apple Store.

And this shows a failure of management on the part of Apple. If the estimate got updated, that means they initially messed up. None of this would have happened if they had told me I'd get it on the 3rd. Pathetic

rawlus

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2009
Boston
And this shows a failure of management on the part of Apple. If the estimate got updated, that means they initially messed up. None of this would have happened if they had told me I'd get it on the 3rd. Pathetic
dude. how old are you? why’d you cancel your order and try again? what was the logic in play there?

Reactions: 0928001 and ABC5S

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida

Do you even know how many loyal customers there are? Millions. Everybody gets the same treatment. Loyal customers or not. Deal with it. And no they’re not going to compensate you at the door. Perhaps boot you out with that attitude.

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how pre-ordering works.

rantor49

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
Wow, I wake up after catching up on sleep today and see that I'm berated for my post and called a troll. Sorry for expressing frustration at being told I'd get a phone on November 3rd, and actually (maybe) getting it in mid-December..
and you would be getting yours on the 3rd if you hadn’t canceled your order. Your rage and entitlement cost you a launch day phone. Oh the irony is too thick.

SR42

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Man its times like this I wish I ordered the T-Mobile instead of the AT&T one, because they're the same phone. Here I am stuck with 17-24 delivery.

BTW, are you on flyertalk? Your username looks very familiar!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.