Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

deko01

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2019
That's the adapter I have in a 2017 MacBook Air with an HP ex900.
HI
could you write what the battery life is in your configuration?
A few weeks ago I placed Adata sx8200 (not pro) on my Air 2017 (long sintech), and I was not satisfied with battery. Battery drain in normal usage (internet browsing, movies ...) was over 30% bigger (8h Adata, 11-12h on the original Apple SSD).
That is why I decided to do back to original apple ssd. But I whould like to have some more disk space...
Maybe I will try a different configuration: ex900, sabrent ?? Any advice to have bigger disk capasity and
similar battery life??

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
HI
could you write what the battery life is in your configuration?
A few weeks ago I placed Adata sx8200 (not pro) on my Air 2017 (long sintech), and I was not satisfied with battery. Battery drain in normal usage (internet browsing, movies ...) was over 30% bigger (8h Adata, 11-12h on the original Apple SSD).
That is why I decided to do back to original apple ssd. But I whould like to have some more disk space...
Maybe I will try a different configuration: ex900, sabrent ?? Any advice to have bigger disk capasity and
similar battery life??
I purchased the 2017 MacBook Air for parts without an SSD. As it turns out, I was able to fix it and got it working 100%. Since it didn't have an SSD, I used a friend's Apple SSD to update the bootrom only. I then put in the HP EX900 and installed Mojave. Battery life with the HP ex900 is about 7 hours. I also have an early 2015 13" Air and could never get more than 9 hours from the battery with the original 128 GB SSD.

I would rather have more room and less battery life. The original 128 GB SSD I had in my early 2015 Air was very slow.

Last edited:

deko01

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2019
I purchased the 2017 MacBook Air for parts without and SSD. As it turns out, I was able to fix it and got it working 100%. Since it didn't have an SSD, I used a friend's Apple SSD to update the bootrom only. I then put in the HP EX900 and installed Mojave. Battery life with the HP ex900 is about 7 hours. I also have an early 2015 13" Air and could never get more than 9 hours from the battery with the original 128 GB SSD.

I would rather have more room and less battery life. The original 128 GB SSD I had in my early 2015 Air was very slow.

thank you for your reply.
I think I will give NVME SSD`s another chance.

jackqueenking

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2018
I apologize if this has already been covered, but I need a quick refresher on this topic.

Is there a way to set the parameters such that, closing the lid will cause the Mac to go into regular standby for x minutes (eg. 20 minutes) with rapid wakeup when opening the lid, and after that period of user inactivity, then go into the hibernate?

I don't mind the battery drain for short periods like 20 minutes. It's the battery drain over extended time periods that I really want to avoid.

(Early 2015 MBP here)

Thanks!!
Set standby = 1, this will make the mac sleep when you close the lid, not hibernate. Next modify the standbydelaylow and standbydelayhigh parameters to reflect the amount of time your mac should wait after closing the lid before going into hibernate. Low indicates the amount of time when battery is low, and high is self explanatory.
[doublepost=1555783398][/doublepost]
I believe I was being snarky with you before but now see that standby is it’s own mode like I believe you were saying before opposed to just a timer with standbydelay to go into the set hibernatemode.

You can see that after the standby delay it just doesn’t go into the hibernatemode because with 25 set you don’t see the loading bars unless you actually disable standby.

Apple notes that that standby is a lower power mode that writes to the disk but is different in my testing with lack of the losing bars.

I believe that hibernatemode only comes into play if you disable standby then it falls back in legacy hibernatemodes like Macs before stanby mode was introduced.

Standby will eventually go to hibernatemode 25 but not after the delay, only if the battery completely loses all charge.

Also thanks to @dobrink for determing this. I now see that most of the articles I was going off online were incorrect. It reminds me to never be too confident without doing my own testing, my apologies.

Having said all this Macs without the NVME DXE driver in firmware only support sleep and not standby or hibernate which are two different modes.
All good man, to be fair with the complexity I don't even know if I explained it properly. The end result we want though is for the mac to not crash, and get it in a state where the NVME drive is powered off immediately when the lid is closed. For my own testing, I have noticed more battery drain with standby = 1 and hibernate = 0 than with both set to 0 but I have not experienced any crashes with my 2014 MBP. I only get crashes in mode 3 if the battery dies and always with 25, regardless of the standby setting, it should crashes at different times due to the waiting period.

Edit: I think this website has it right https://www.lifewire.com/change-mac-sleep-settings-2260804

When the lid is closed the correct term is "standby" then based on your 0,3,25 config you go into sleep, safe sleep, or hibernate respectively. If standby is 0 then you would avoid standby mode and go directly to 0, 3, or 25 hibernate mode whichever you have configured.

Last edited:
Reactions: ds256

macgeek01

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2013
Set standby = 1, this will make the mac sleep when you close the lid, not hibernate. Next modify the standbydelaylow and standbydelayhigh parameters to reflect the amount of time your mac should wait after closing the lid before going into hibernate. Low indicates the amount of time when battery is low, and high is self explanatory.
[doublepost=1555783398][/doublepost]
All good man, to be fair with the complexity I don't even know if I explained it properly. The end result we want though is for the mac to not crash, and get it in a state where the NVME drive is powered off immediately when the lid is closed. For my own testing, I have noticed more battery drain with standby = 1 and hibernate = 0 than with both set to 0 but I have not experienced any crashes with my 2014 MBP. I only get crashes in mode 3 if the battery dies and always with 25, regardless of the standby setting, it should crashes at different times due to the waiting period.

Edit: I think this website has it right https://www.lifewire.com/change-mac-sleep-settings-2260804

When the lid is closed the correct term is "standby" then based on your 0,3,25 config you go into sleep, safe sleep, or hibernate respectively. If standby is 0 then you would avoid standby mode and go directly to 0, 3, or 25 hibernate mode whichever you have configured.

Based on my testing three states exist: sleep, standby, and hibernate.

Standby was introduced when Apple started using their blade style SSD’s and writes the memory to disk like hibernate but stays in a lower power state up to 30 days. If the battery is completely depleted then the computer goes into hibernate which uses no power.

The difference is that a Mac can wake from standby faster with no loading bars like hibernate. You can verify this by setting to hibernatemode 25 and having the standbydelay lapse and will see that it doesn’t really go into hibernate because no loading bars.

If you disable standby then it will uses the hibernatemode which was used on Macs before standby was released.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202124

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202824

Maybe someone with NVME and the NMVE driver can speak to their experience with standby vs hibernate.

Last edited:
Reactions: jackqueenking

jackqueenking

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2018
Based on my testing three states exist: sleep, standby, and hibernate.

Standby was introduced when Apple started using their blade style SSD’s and writes the memory to disk like hibernate but stays in a lower power state up to 30 days. If the battery is completely depleted then the computer goes into hibernate which uses no power.

The difference is that a Mac can wake from standby faster with no loading bars like hibernate. You can verify this by setting to hibernatemode 25 and having the standbydelay lapse and will see that it doesn’t really go into hibernate because no loading bars.

If you disable standby then it will uses the hibernatemode which was used on Macs before standby was released.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202124

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202824

Maybe someone with NVME and the NMVE driver can speak to their experience with standby vs hibernate.
Your first example of the 30 days seem to resemble a lot hibernate mode 3 which is considered safe sleep, this is the default setting for my mac but I don't know if this is what apple meant when they said 30 days in this state.

For your second example, you're saying that if you set the standby delay time to something quick like 2 minutes that your mac won't hibernate if its set to mode 25, instead it will just stay in standby? If that's true then it really defeats the purpose of all those settings. I can't test it since mine always crashes. The default time for my mac's standby delay high is 86400 seconds which translates into 24 hours so if the implementation is "correct" that would mean after a day of no usage my mac would shut down in mode 25 and in mode 3 it would keep ram powered on and SSD off with an image written to both, but this doesn't seem to be the case unless it varies from different mac models.
[doublepost=1555864967][/doublepost]
I purchased the 2017 MacBook Air for parts without an SSD. As it turns out, I was able to fix it and got it working 100%. Since it didn't have an SSD, I used a friend's Apple SSD to update the bootrom only. I then put in the HP EX900 and installed Mojave. Battery life with the HP ex900 is about 7 hours. I also have an early 2015 13" Air and could never get more than 9 hours from the battery with the original 128 GB SSD.

In terms of slow, what do you mean? I had the 128gb as well in my 2014 MBP and there was about 38gb remaining. I was getting about 600 read and 250 write.

macgeek01

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2013
Your first example of the 30 days seem to resemble a lot hibernate mode 3 which is considered safe sleep, this is the default setting for my mac but I don't know if this is what apple meant when they said 30 days in this state.

For your second example, you're saying that if you set the standby delay time to something quick like 2 minutes that your mac won't hibernate if its set to mode 25, instead it will just stay in standby? If that's true then it really defeats the purpose of all those settings. I can't test it since mine always crashes. The default time for my mac's standby delay high is 86400 seconds which translates into 24 hours so if the implementation is "correct" that would mean after a day of no usage my mac would shut down in mode 25 and in mode 3 it would keep ram powered on and SSD off with an image written to both, but this doesn't seem to be the case unless it varies from different mac models.
[doublepost=1555864967][/doublepost]
In terms of slow, what do you mean? I had the 128gb as well in my 2014 MBP and there was about 38gb remaining. I was getting about 600 read and 250 write.

If you test with a Mac without the NVME sleep issue then you will see exactly what I’m talking about. Hibernatemode was around before standby was introduced and it doesn’t seem to take effect unless you disable standby all together.

Last edited:

jackqueenking

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2018
If you test with a Mac without the NVME sleep issue then you will see exactly what I’m talking about. Hibernatemode was around before standby was introduced and it doesn’t seem to take take effect unless you disable standby all together.
Quite strange I must say, I guess this is primarily one of the reasons we are seeing such significant battery drain, that 0.3 Watts extra of idle consumption is what kills, seems like apple did a nice job on making power efficient drives

Reactions: macgeek01

WaferGuy

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2017
Thanks to all the sharing!

I've an Early 2015 MacBookAir (A1466) with 4GB of RAM & 128GB Apple SSD.

After holding the upgrade for a couple of years, I've finally pulled the trigger with following items: -

1) ADATA SX8200 Pro 512GB M.2
2) Green short adapter from AliExpress

With Mojave 10.14.4 (with Boot ROM 184.0.0.0.0), I've managed to install & restore the system smoothly.

So far, the system can wake up from sleep. Battery lost 7% after over night sleep. I'll monitor longer to see if I shall change pmset settings.

I've also managed to setup Windows 10 with Bootcamp. One issue encountered was not able to use latest Windows 10 (Oct 2018) iso file. Bootcamp reported an error of disk space after initiating the program. Solved by using (April 2018) iso file!

Now my MacBookAir has dual boot on both Mojave 10.14.4 & Windows 10.

Thanks!

lawrencesheed

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Mid 2014 MBP 15"

Received my drive today - TS1TMTE220S
Working fine, and hibernate working (after flashing EFI)

Speeds are decent, and I really needed the space - doing dev work on a 256g is problematic!

Total cost - 999RMB + 25RMB for the adaptor.
1024RMB for a TB - i.e. 1RMB per gigabyte for a total of 150$ USD +-.

Given that the 2015 model 1TB Apple drive is around 3500-4000RMB, and is roughly the same speed in my 2014 I'm happy, some good savings :)

4421556100281_.pic.jpg Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 7.23.35 PM.png

Reactions: gilles_polysoft

halexber

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2019
MBA early 2016 7,2 8gb ram i5 5250U
After reading a lot in your group decided to buy the adaptor. Kalea in Amazon Spain (the long one) and bought the SX8200 PRO 256GB (original SSD 128GB). I was very carefull with the screw because it tends to bend in the middle. The speeds before were: W/ 680, Reading 1250.

I reinstall Mojave, rom 184.0.0.0, and all the basic programs used for students. The actual speeds are the one in the image. Do you think those are right? or should I do something else to improve them? I am a newbie on this but willing to learn. Thank you in advance for all your help. by the way battery life had been reduced about 25%
Best regards, from Spain

upload_2019-4-24_19-18-0.png

SophieLa

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2019
Hello,
will Apple's Polaris nvme drives (iMac 2017) also reduce battery life or are they working properly like their SSUBX AHCI siblings regarding power consumption (OS 10.12, MBP 15" late 2013)?

lawrencesheed

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Hello,
will Apple's Polaris nvme drives (iMac 2017) also reduce battery life or are they working properly like their SSUBX AHCI siblings regarding power consumption (OS 10.12, MBP 15" late 2013)?

First page of this thread has power consumption for drives.

But yes, generally, a PCI-E drive will draw more power than an AHCI drive, regardless of manufacturer, mostly as the chipset needs to do more work, at least on the motherboard side.
For the drive itself, power usage will be determined by the type of flash in use. The samsungs, er apple drives use 3d V-Nand in the NVME drives.

pappapeep

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2019
Hi, I am new to modding Macs and new to the thread so pardon my newb status. Long story short, I installed a 660p 2tb into my MacBook early 2015 13", and I have a few questions...

I purchased a no name adapter online, eBay, and I was
1)wondering if this will cause issues down the road (sleep wake issues, hibernation, etc.). I know that others have had problems with adapters which are not Sintech brand, but so far I have only had a few restart issues, and that was only after I initially installed the adapter. So only two reboots early on, and so far, its good now.

2)Should I open my MacBook and put some polyamide tape on the connection? I have heard of a lot of people doing this with positive results...

3)If it aint broke, don't fix it? Should I wait and see if I have real issues, or should I nip it in the bud and reinstall a. Sintech adapter???

4)Thanks in advance!!!
[doublepost=1556209075][/doublepost]halexber, I am getting the exact same speeds with my 660p 2tb installed in my 2015 13" MBPr. Also, I think the slow speeds can possibly be attributed to the link speed or link width but I could be wrong. I think these drives aren't bottle necked with a 2015 15" MacBook but I'm not so sure now that im writing this all down...

fadille

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2019
Hello all,

I’ve finally upgraded my 2015 13 rMBP with small sintech black adapter and Adata SX8200 Pro 1TB and transferring my old data from my old mbp using migration assistant

So far so good.

Just wondering what else should i do

E.g enable trim?

Or what should i take note of?

I installed iStat Menu and it couldn’t detect the temperature of the SSD, was trying to monitor it. Is it because it’s a 3rd party ssd?

Thanks!

Hi all,

my first post here

been following the thread for a few months.

I'm planning to swap on my 2015 13 rMBP stock apple 512GB ssd with an Adata SX8200 Pro 1TB

just wondering if the ST-NGFF2013-C adapter will fit since the it's double sided? i'm afraid the bottom case will not be able to close fully.

anyone here having the same setup?

pappapeep

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2019
Hello all,

I’ve finally upgraded my 2015 13 rMBP with small sintech black adapter and Adata SX8200 Pro 1TB and transferring my old data from my old mbp using migration assistant

So far so good.

Just wondering what else should i do

E.g enable trim?

Or what should i take note of?

I installed iStat Menu and it couldn’t detect the temperature of the SSD, was trying to monitor it. Is it because it’s a 3rd party ssd?

Thanks!
Trim should be enabled if your are running Mojave..I think...

modstorm

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2012
I have recently purchased a 970 Evo Plus, being unaware that it is incompatible with OSX. Having managed to return it to Amazon, and I am now trying to decide on the ideal drive.

My first thought was to go with the regular 970 Evo (as the 970 Pro is much more expensive), however thanks to this thread I came upon the SX8200 Pro. I tend to trust Samsung drives more, however the reviews on the SX8200 Pro seem to be quite good. It's also a more modern drive, more efficient (based on the first post if it's anything like the older SX8200), and around $30 cheaper.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with both drives, and if so which would be ideal in terms of OSX compatibility, performance and battery consumption(is the difference in battery life between the drives actually noticeable outside of benchmarks?). For reference, I will be installing it in a 15" 2015 Macbook Pro (2.8GHz i7, Intel Graphics, 256GB). I already own the long Sintech adapter as well as an Aliexpress short adapter. Suggestions for other drives, just in cased I missed a better option would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Chris.J

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2010
Upgraded my rMBP 15" 2015 to a Sabrent Rocket 1TB.

Thought I would share my experience here, since I found this thread so useful. I did things slightly different as I learnt that MacOS's inbuilt disk utility does not properly support cloning of APFS volumes. There are workarounds using terminal commands, but I wasn't able to successfully pull this off in recovery mode. This was the process I followed to upgrade my machine:

1. Download a free 30 day trial copy of Carbon Copy Cloner. This fully supports APFS volumes.
  2. I had a large external USB 3.0 backup drive to hand which I wanted to keep the data on. So I partitioned this and added a new APFS (unencrypted) volume that was slightly larger than my current Apple SSD.
  3. Run CCC and clone main volume to the external drive.
  4. Run Winclone software to clone the Bootcamp partition to an image file.
  5. Shutdown, open case and unplug internal battery connector. Remove Apple SSD. I used a Sintech small black adapter. Important step here is to make sure everything is seated correctly. Sounds obvious but I found the connectors very stiff and it's hard to tell if they are seated without forcing. I found it easiest to first insert the new SSD into the adaptor (it clicks slightly when fully inserted), then the whole thing into the motherboard socket. Take your time. Reconnect battery connector, then loosely fit case (should you have to remove it again).
  6. With the external USB drive connected, start the machine, holding cmd+R. Once recovery is running, open disk utility and format the new SSD to APFS (unencrypted). Also worth partitioning a Bootcamp drive whilst you're there.
  7. Exit disk utility and set the startup disk to be the external USB drive. This is the real reason for booting into recovery, so you can now boot from the CCC backup you created.
  8. Once in MacOS, immediately fire up CCC. It will detect that you are booting from a backup and ask you to clone to your internal SSD. Go ahead and do this. Once done, set your startup disk to be your new SSD (from the preferences menu) and reboot.
  9. You'll now be running MacOS from the new SSD. Enable Filevault if you wish to have encryption.
  10. Lastly, I ran Winclone and cloned the Bootcamp back to the partition I already created in disk utility.

I realize that Winclone isn't free, but I was luckily and managed to claim this as an expense (since I use my laptop for work). However, for $40, I would actually have used my own cash, since it saved me many hours of headaches with BSoDs, crashes etc, plus you can regularly backup your whole Windows partition with ease. Nobody likes installing Windows. I've done it far to many times in my 20 years of computing!

This method gave me full x4 link width and problem free running (so far). Drive speeds attached below...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-25 at 22.07.03.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-25 at 22.07.03.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 249

Earl Urley

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2014
Yup those speeds are close to what I got. The Sabrent Rocket uses a Phison E12 SSD controller that provides great speeds, gives you enhanced TBW rating, and is eminently Mac compatible. Did you upgrade the BootROM to the latest version under Mojave 10.14.4?

Reactions: djangoreinhardt442

Chris.J

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2010
I didn't think it was necessary to update the BootROM since I'm using a mid-2015 Macbook Pro? I'm on latest 10.14.4 MacOS anyway. No power management issues here.

The main thing to note is the lack of proper APFS cloning support in disk utility, which took me by surprise. Apple's official response is that cloning is no longer supported and one must use Time Machine instead. I certainly wanted to avoid that, so CCC is a much better alternative and worked very well.

Hope that helps out a few people. Best of luck with your upgrade!

Last edited:

djangoreinhardt442

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2019
I didn't think it was necessary to update the BootROM since I'm using a mid-2015 Macbook Pro? I'm on latest 10.14.4 MacOS anyway. No power management issues here.

The main thing to note is the lack of proper APFS cloning support in disk utility, which took me by surprise. Apple's official response is that cloning is no longer supported and one must use Time Machine instead. I certainly wanted to avoid that, so CCC is a much better alternative and worked very well.

Hope that helps out a few people. Best of luck with your upgrade!

I had a similar issue. I had done a restore from a time machine backup on a 15 inch rMBP mid 2015 from a 13 inch rMBP early 2015. Guess what? Mojave 10.14.4 incorrectly gave me a 5GT/s linkwidth under NVME SSD. Did install from scratch and it was all fixed. Thanks for the write up

jackqueenking

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2018
I had a similar issue. I had done a restore from a time machine backup on a 15 inch rMBP mid 2015 from a 13 inch rMBP early 2015. Guess what? Mojave 10.14.4 incorrectly gave me a 5GT/s linkwidth under NVME SSD. Did install from scratch and it was all fixed. Thanks for the write up
The 13 and 15 inch 2015 MacBook pros don't have the same PCIe interface hence different link bandwidths. Its probably a bug in the system since you restored from a 13 inch to a 15 inch where the configuration is different and was probably an edge case missed in testing.

jwar1976

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2019
Norwich
Well I have finally got round to ordering the Sintech short adapter from Amazon, unfortunately it isn’t due to get to mine until the 24th May. So closer to the time i will treat myself to the 1tb drive, quite possible the Adata XPG SX8200 Pro. Cannot wait.

Quasitinker

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2019
Portland, Oregon
Here's the good news and the bad news about my experience with the HP EX950 and the short Sintech adapter.

Macbook Pro model: MacBookPro12,1, BootROM 180.0.0.0.0, 2 processors, Intel Core i5, 2.7 GHz, 8 GB, SMC 2.28f7

I installed a 2TB HP EX950 with a short Sintech adapter to replace a dead 128GB ssubx in my early 2015 MBP about 3 weeks ago, with mostly good results.

Since my MBP was running Mac OS 10.14.1 when the old SSD fizzled, the boot ROM's let the mac sense the new NVME drive even though they didn't have the latest firmware update. I had been running my mac from an external USB3 SSD since the internal drive failed, so I started up from the external drive after the physical installation of the new internal SSD, formatted the EX950, and cloned my external drive to it.

Sequential reads and writes are likely running up against the real world limits of PCI 2.0, with its theoretical limit of 2000 MB/s.

DiskSpeedTest 5GB.png

Boot time is about 1 minute, moving large files between external and internal ssd's is fast, and the performance of day to day applications is snappy. Still, if you have anything but a mid 2015 15.4 inch MBP, with its PCI 3.0 speeds, you probably could swap the HP EX950 out for a more economical drive and not notice any difference because of the PCI 2.0 bottleneck (though the random read/write speeds for smaller files might make a difference.)

The only problem I've had is that have had is the occurrence of at least half a dozen random kernel panics leading to automatic restarts over the 3 weeks that I've had the drive installed. I had one random restart almost immediately after reinstalling the system software from recovery mode two days ago, but have had stable performance during heavy use of the computer ever since. Has any one else had recurring kernel panics with an ex950?
[doublepost=1556332651][/doublepost]Does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing the kernel panics and random restarts I've had since installing a 2TB HP EX950 SSD in my MBP 12,1 (early 2015)? Is there any chance that temporarily installing an apple SSD to update the boot ROM's would help? Several restarts happened in the middle of active use (so not a result of hibernation, though the 12,1's aren't supposed to have that problem anyway). As far as I can remember, every kernel panic report I saw had the term initproc exited at the beginning. I don't know how to make sense of these reports, but here's the last one, from 2 days ago.

Wed Apr 24 01:23:51 2019

*** Panic Report ***
panic(cpu 1 caller 0xffffff80126bbdcf): initproc exited -- exit reason namespace 2 subcode 0xa description: none

Thread 2 crashed

RAX: 0x00007fb0f67c3310, RBX: 0x0000000000000000, RCX: 0x0000000108d57720, RDX: 0x0000000002646f78
RSP: 0x0000700002637c30, RBP: 0x0000700002637c40, RSI: 0x0000000000000008, RDI: 0x0000700002637c18
R8: 0x000000000b86d346, R9: 0x0000000000000040, R10: 0x0000000000000028, R11: 0x0000000000000206
R12: 0x00007fb0f672c958, R13: 0x00007fb0f672c958, R14: 0x0000000000069803, R15: 0x00007fb0f672c994
RFL: 0x0000000000010202, RIP: 0x0000000108d3e9b5, CS: 0x000000000000002b, SS: 0x0000000000000023

Thread 0: 0xffffff802482f1d0
0x00007fff784c9126
0x00007fff78352ede
0x0000000000000000

Thread 1: 0xffffff802edc6030
0x00007fff784c6bfe
0x00007fff7857d3fd
0x00007000026bbba0

Thread 2: 0xffffff802fc84e60
0x0000000108d3e9b5
0x0000000108d3e980
0x0000000108d1694f
0x0000000108d16a7b
0x0000000108d3fb99
0x00007fff785d1b43
0x0000000108d403b2
0x0000000108d40242
0x00007fff783436dd
0x00007fff783580d6
0x00007fff78349792
0x00007fff78358c19
0x00007fff78349792
0x00007fff7834a396
0x00007fff783526ed
0x00007fff7857d611
0x00007fff7857d3fd
0x8000120000000000

Thread 3: 0xffffff803ce98510
0x00007fff784c6bfe
0x00007fff7857d3fd
0x0000000000070507

Thread 4: 0xffffff80326a8d90
0x00007fff784c6bfe
0x00007fff7857d3fd
0x0000000000000000

Mac OS version:
18E227

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 18.5.0: Mon Mar 11 20:40:32 PDT 2019; root:xnu-4903.251.3~3/RELEASE_X86_64
Kernel UUID: 4170BF94-38B6-364F-A1B0-2F7C2C30F9A9
System model name: MacBookPro12,1 (Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6)

EOF

System Profile:
Network Service: Wi-Fi, AirPort, en0
Boot Volume File System Type: apfs
Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 4 GB, DDR3, 1867 MHz, 0x02FE, 0x4544464132333241324D412D4A442D460000
Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 4 GB, DDR3, 1867 MHz, 0x02FE, 0x4544464132333241324D412D4A442D460000
USB Device: USB 3.0 Bus
USB Device: Internal Memory Card Reader
USB Device: Shadow
USB Device: USB3.0 Hub
USB Device: Expansion Desk
USB Device: USB3.0 Hub
USB Device: Backup+ Desk
USB Device: Backup+ Desk
USB Device: Silicon-Power
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller
USB Device: USB2.0 Hub
USB Device: USB2.0 Hub
Thunderbolt Bus: MacBook Pro, Apple Inc., 27.1
Model: MacBookPro12,1, BootROM 180.0.0.0.0, 2 processors, Intel Core i5, 2.7 GHz, 8 GB, SMC 2.28f7
Graphics: kHW_IntelIris6100Item, Intel Iris Graphics 6100, spdisplays_builtin
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x133), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.77.61.2 AirPortDriverBrcmNIC-1305.8)
Bluetooth: Version 6.0.11f4, 3 services, 27 devices, 1 incoming serial ports

Macbook Pro model: MacBookPro12,1, BootROM 180.0.0.0.0, 2 processors, Intel Core i5, 2.7 GHz, 8 GB, SMC 2.28f7
NVME SSD: HP EX950, 2TB, short Sintech adapter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.