Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheBuffather

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2009
Orlando, FL
It's a bit dumb that I can't order mine today. I'm eligible for an upgrade on 9/19/2015. The device ships on the 25th so why can't Verizon just take my order today? They're saying I can't order until the 19th but by then, shipping estimates are probably going to slip 2-3 weeks on all models.

When you log into the website, you should be able to upgrade already. I ordered two phones; one with an upgrade, and one with an upgrade within 2 weeks; both showed "upgrade available" on the Verizon site. Go to the phone on your account on verizonwireless.com, click "upgrade at full price," and then it should take you to a page that does, in fact, show an upgrade available for that particular phone.

Reactions: hak187

ksujoel

macrumors demi-god
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
I wonder when we will start seeing some shipping movement on these pre-orders? My guess would be late this week, due to the phones coming from overseas? Just merely a guess on my part though.

hak187

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2009
When you log into the website, you should be able to upgrade already. I ordered two phones; one with an upgrade, and one with an upgrade within 2 weeks; both showed "upgrade available" on the Verizon site. Go to the phone on your account on verizonwireless.com, click "upgrade at full price," and then it should take you to a page that does, in fact, show an upgrade available for that particular phone.

My actual contract ending date was 9/16 but already on 9/4 it showed as being eligible to upgrade, and has been like that the last 2 years as well.

Reactions: TheBuffather

alexwei

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2012
I do as well, although I ordered just last night (9/13) at 10pm est. Tampa. 128gb space grey 6s+
yeah same here, i placed my first order on saturday night, the 12th but then had a few problems with the shipping address, and the part where i need to actually "cancel" my order and place a new one in order to fix the address issue is just ridiculous.. so my finally successful order was placed in the morning on the 13th. = =

Trin813

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Tampa
yeah same here, i placed my first order on saturday night, the 12th but then had a few problems with the shipping address, and the part where i need to actually "cancel" my order and place a new one in order to fix the address issue is just ridiculous.. so my finally successful order was placed in the morning on the 13th. = =

It's funny, every apple product I've ever preordered I've always been so impatient with..this one I'm not stressing too much surprisingly...either way best of luck for quick delivery!

billinaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Goodyear AZ.... for now.
You should see the AT&T guys stressing out. They all got an estimated October delivery date. Well, its more of a date range.

Looks like AT&T didn't want to be bothered so they just told them it should be here in Oct and when it shows up on the 25th those who got them will be happy. Except for those who didn't anticipate it and could not getthem because they got a signature required note on their door and have to wait until Monday!

Trin813

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Tampa
You should see the AT&T guys stressing out. They all got an estimated October delivery date. Well, its more of a date range.

Looks like AT&T didn't want to be bothered so they just told them it should be here in Oct and when it shows up on the 25th those who got them will be happy. Except for those who didn't anticipate it and could not getthem because they got a signature required note on their door and have to wait until Monday!

I did the pre order of my current 6+ thru att last year...it was a huge mess...that was part of my reason changing to Verizon shortly after...

Reactions: Nekcik

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
i remember last year there were two ways to check your order status. One showed a little bit more information then the other. Do we have anything like that this year? Or is the only way to check your status, through the confirmation email?

ksujoel

macrumors demi-god
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
i remember last year there were two ways to check your order status. One showed a little bit more information then the other. Do we have anything like that this year? Or is the only way to check your status, through the confirmation email?
The only way I know of is through the confirmation email. I think you can also check order status through the website by using the pre-order number.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
So, sad story with a happy ending. I Pre-ordered my 6S Plus at 11:55, everything all set. Today I noticed that my address was wrong. (The 3AM Zombie). I had to cancel my order and was told that I would receive a 10/14 delivery date if I ordered today. I went to BestBuy for the hell of it and was able to Pre-Order a 128GB Space Grey 6S Plus for in store pickup on launch day!!. Apple will be my go to for the future as it already has my correct address. I'm now part of a Bestbuy thread:oops:, but to all, I hope you receive your's launch day!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ksujoel

eric3312

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
I ordered a Space gray 16gb 6s Plus, Rose Gold 16gb 6s Plus and a Space Gray 64gb 6s Plus. Ordered at 3:04am CST and my expected ship date is the 30th :(

That's my situation as well. I ordered a 128GB Space Gray 6S Plus around 3:15am. Verizon still had "Deliver by 9/25" on that model/size, and did so for at least a half hour after my order. My order confirmation page that displayed right after I clicked submit said "ship by 9/25."

But...my confirmation email says "Deliver by 9/30. "

So I have no idea what to believe. Verizon usually mixes up the term ship and deliver.

eric3312

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
ordered a 64g 6+ in space grey at 3:30 est Sat morning
Order Date: 09/12/2015
Deliver By: 09/30/2015

I hope we get ours earlier. When I ordered my 6 Plus Space Gray 128 GB at 3:20, their website still said delivery by 9/25..and the order confirmation page I saw after clicking to submit my order said the same thing.

Tykey85

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2015
I placed my order and was forced to pay off my remaining balance on my edge...which it allowed. Placed at 2:56am est prior to launch time for me of 3:01am and entered my credit card info etc. got conf. Page and number w a ship date of 9/25. Email received at 4am with a delivery date of 9/25. However the funds have not pulled from my account. Called VZW and they state my order is in the system and processing although they still show my edge up balance of $600-some dollars....after 3 csr rep calls and two supervisors they all assure me that the funds will pull once the product ships. One of their screens show a pay off but the other shows a balance. So after being assured a million times and getting my email and my conf page at payment...as well as logging into my VZW and showing my device order info pending, I think I can finally sleep and rest in the small faith I have in their customer service reps. It pays to mention however, the first girl was shocked I could pay off my edge balance online....I explained I didn't plan to trade in so maybe that's why? Great training,huh?

Here's hoping ip6s+ 64g space gray arrives on 9/25!

Tykey85

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2015
Hey everyone! First time posting here. Been lurking on these boards for several years and just now decided to sign up. I have been an iPhone owner since pretty much the beginning.

Preordered on 9/12 @ approx. 1:57am central time. iPhone 6s 64 GB Space Grey. Got confirmation email about 2-3 minutes later. Expected delivery on 9/25. I had to make my qualifying payment to upgrade to new phone, plus some taxes and fees. I assume those won't post on my bank account until the phone ships..

I've had the same issue....I was told this was the case. Pay,net will post to bank when item ships. My order shows on my VZW page as well as the email and the payment conf screen I,media tell after order.....made me a little nervous being Monday and payment had not posted yet. My phone still shows an edge balance too and upgrade availability if I pay it off. They c,aim this will update once it ships in case I were to change my mind, I wouldn't be out anything since technically no device exists to edge up to you until it ships....

Martyrd0m

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
NJ
I placed my order and was forced to pay off my remaining balance on my edge...which it allowed. Placed at 2:56am est prior to launch time for me of 3:01am and entered my credit card info etc. got conf. Page and number w a ship date of 9/25. Email received at 4am with a delivery date of 9/25. However the funds have not pulled from my account. Called VZW and they state my order is in the system and processing although they still show my edge up balance of $600-some dollars....after 3 csr rep calls and two supervisors they all assure me that the funds will pull once the product ships. One of their screens show a pay off but the other shows a balance. So after being assured a million times and getting my email and my conf page at payment...as well as logging into my VZW and showing my device order info pending, I think I can finally sleep and rest in the small faith I have in their customer service reps. It pays to mention however, the first girl was shocked I could pay off my edge balance online....I explained I didn't plan to trade in so maybe that's why? Great training,huh?

Saves me a call to CS. Thanks!

ksujoel

macrumors demi-god
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas

I've had the same issue....I was told this was the case. Pay,net will post to bank when item ships. My order shows on my VZW page as well as the email and the payment conf screen I,media tell after order.....made me a little nervous being Monday and payment had not posted yet. My phone still shows an edge balance too and upgrade availability if I pay it off. They c,aim this will update once it ships in case I were to change my mind, I wouldn't be out anything since technically no device exists to edge up to you until it ships....
This makes perfect sense. My guess is that we won't see any shipping movement until late this week or early next week.

mcb13

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2008
California

You can check from your account under My Devices and then My Orders, which shows a more detailed page or by going all the way to the bottom under the Service and Support list, Order Status, which gives just a basic view.

Dominick624

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2014
Got a ship by 9/25 estimated date, any chance of it actually coming on the 25th? They're all 6s, not plus.

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
I ordered over the phone about 6:30 am Eastern due to bad info about what I could do on the site. A 6S+ 128 in silver. Should have it on launch day. Anyone recognize this depot number E183501?

billinaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Goodyear AZ.... for now.

The ICONIC website now redirects to the generic VZW page

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.