Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 1, 2018.
I would like an Apple battery case for all plus models. How hard can that be?
Bring back the MagSafe power cords for the whole notebook lineup - and adapt it for iPads - that was one of the best features Apple came up with - don't know why they got rid of them... I've gone thru several lightning cables for my ipads - but if they had a MagSafe adapter for them - I wouldn't have ruined so many...
And a matching space grey 5K display for the iMac Pro...
A new Macbook 12". It needs a second USB-C, a bit more of power and, above all, more battery life. Right now, the battery life is only 5 hours, which is too short for an ultra portable.
An updated Macbook Pro 15" without the gimmicky touchbar. It is an amazing laptop (I love mine), but it's clearly overpriced and the touchbar lacks real-world productivity use.
An iPhone X plus. How on Earth did Apple launch the X without a Plus version?
An iPad Mini refresh (no need to make it Pro, just update the internals and keep it affordable)
And, above all... a new iOS! I personally found iOS11 to be disappointing. I really feel iOS falling behind Android as of lately.
Update the Mac mini!
I would like to see the ability to sort my iTunes playlist alphabetically by artist on my iMac, then immediately sync it to my phone. Just like back in 2008
A mini that's faster than my Lenovo, and comes with an OS that's worth the name.
Remember "Rock Solid"?
I haven't seen that since 2004.
Here's what I'd most like to see:
1) For Apple to dust off their hard-learned UI guidelines, and get serious about creating excellent UIs again (and lead by example, but also push software developers to follow them).
2) Get their act together and communicate between projects and get QC back under control, especially for software.
3) Aside from the Mac Pro and refresh of Mac Mini, etc. I'd like to see something along the lines of headless iMac-level hardware with a reasonable GPU and adequate cooling. (Basically, fill the gap between the Mini and Mac Pro.)
4) Fix the MacBook Pro!!!
more animojis would be something I would put under my own plug ins idea. if we can have Marvel etc selling stickers why not also animoji faces.
and I would love to see 3rd party keyboards treated the same way as these stickers, direct download without needing a whole app on your device.
and make it all buy once use on all devices with redownloads as needed.
Apple is swimming in a sea of profits. Why should they change their ways. It's classic. You'll have to wait for a new executive team for a major re-setting. It won't happen 'till Wall Street starts dumping Apple.
or... expecting a miracle.
... I would buy a 15" MacBook Air.
That was my point. Other companies tried this desktop idea and failed. It’s not that the phone isn’t capable or software could get there justmarket and use case isn’t quite there yet.
cheaper storage, cheaper storage, and cheaper storage. A good workhorse barebones macbook pro with affordable 1tb storage, no frills (like the touchbar). Something for musicians who aren't loaded and are trying hard to resist moving away to a windows machine instead. It seems like the base memory and storage in MBP's have been stagnant for years.
I would like to see them get a seriously bloody nose from the consumer through significant decreases in iPhone sales and a kick in the ass from Wall Street through deteriorating share prices.
That is what they deserve and is also the healthiest thing that could happen to them right now.
I'm not holding my breath, sadly.
For Macbook Pro:
1. get the glowing apple logo on the lid back!
2. Get MagSafe 2 back!
3. Using industrial standard RAM/SSD modules and user replaceable!
4. Get the ports back: Thunderbolt 2, USB3.0, SD reader etc.
For Mac Pro
1. get the old cheese grater chassis back!
2. SSD/RAM etc. upgradable.
For Mac mini
1. user upgradable
2. Server version.
1. get the 3.5mm earphone slot back!
New iPad Mini
iPad Pro without bezels and a serious GPU and CPU bump with a slightly more open OS and FaceID.
More battery life from iPhone with improved speakers and support for 15w wireless charging.
AirPods 2 with better batter life, volume control and range.
Smoother Watch OS.
New Mac Mini and Mac Pro with a 5K monitor.
Faster Apple TV that can support real gaming on-par with current gen consoles.
Battery cases for iPhone X and a Product Red iPhone X.
New iPhone SE for emerging markets and those on a budget.
Two new Beats stations alongside an Apple Music makeover.
New original TV content and bundled services paid through iTunes for cord-cutters that includes single-team sports packages.
MacBook Pro with Ice Lake and dGPU options, 32GB of RAM options, better battery life and FaceID.
MacBook with 8th gen processor and price-drop.
iPods with LTE support, better headphones and even new Beats with improved sound.
• Remove the touch bar (or at least allow removal as an option on the high end models). It was always going to be, and is, an expensive gimmick. Also wastes battery. No one will think any less of you for admitting the touch bar was a mistake.
• Reinstate the "[X] hrs: [Y] mins battery life remaining" to the battery menu bar. This allows computer usage to be tailored (eg brightness, apps open) to the amount of time you anticipate you will run off the battery, before you will be able to use a charger.
• Fix the keyboard. We don't want super thin computers at the expense of function. Typing of documents suffers. Seriously Apple - you shouldn't have allowed something so basic as the keyboard to be compromised ("oh yeah, but it looks great!").
• Fix the USB-C connections. I find often these are loose and don't connect well.
• Stop removing connectivity options and calling it a Pro machine. eg HDMI? Audio out?
• MagSafe - Would be good to see this again for the USB-C charger.
• Reinstate the ability to use the iMac as a screen (only) for the MacBook Pro. Maybe this inability would be understandable if you were trying to avoid cannibalising your standalone screen sales, but you no longer make any standalone screens (see further below)!!
• Introduce a 5K screen that's made by Apple and not LG! You sell me a MBP that can drive two 5k screens, but where are the Apple 5k screens? The LG screen is a hideous compromise and has a much larger form factor than the iMac, which includes a computer in it!
• STOP using cheap plastic for your expensive cords (eg power cord on the Apple TV, USB-C cord and charger for the MBP, cords for the iPhone etc). They have a "crumbly" texture to them, rather than a glossy and firm feel. The plastic comes off on your hands. After a few years, the cords deterioriate even more. I cannot touch my Apple TV power cord without getting black plastic all over my hands. But this probably ticks some eco-friendly box that the plastic is degradable, so at least that makes me feel good (once I've washed the plastic off my hands)!
• Reinstate the ability to turn off wifi and turn off bluetooth in the control centre. Just because you think the phone works better if the wifi and bluetooth are always on, we don't all want that. Many times I will be in a remote or regional area, where there is no wifi and no bluetooth devices. I don't want my phone emitting maximum radiation and using maximum power trying to extend its range to find wifi networks and bluetooth devices which I already know aren't there! I also have two phones, so this is happening twice! Stop trying to think for us! If you must insist on this functionality, make it so you can cycle through these options in the control centre. Tap - disconnect [wifi/bluetooth]. Tap again - turn off [wifi/bluetooth]. Tap again - turn on [wifi/bluetooth] and connect to last used network/device. Repeat.
• 3.5mm headphone jack. I won't bother explaining this one.
Please Apple! Support your customers that have supported you all these years. Thanks!
This is perfection ! I completely agree on every point.
With this roadmap, why do we need Rim Cook!!??
I'd like to witness the resurrection of the previous physical body of the iMac.
Seriously, who cares about how wafer-thin a desktop machine appears from side view? Besides, when you stick your head around the back the bulging exterior just looks stupid. I'd so hate to think about all the nice things that could have been put into a body of sense and not of glue. Like more power, possibility of upgrades, easy access for repairs and peripherals, for example.
And they've done it to the new iMac Pro, too! Unbelievable. And unforgiveable.
An iPhone of solid PURE 24k gold.
Apple Base Station for iPad Pro
A vertical sleeve that you would slide your iPP into onto your desk, which would connect using smart connector, thereby powering the device and having a boatload of inputs on the rear of the port, allowing me to:
Connect IPP to an external (up to dual-screen) display
Power the IPP
Connect the IPP to an external mouse and keyboard (yes, add mouse support Apple... if it's a "computer", that's a must)
Connect to external drives
Connect to ethernet
Connect to any other peripherals, etc.
This would be a near-perfect device for a lot of people who don't need massive amounts of RAM, etc.
For productivity (creation) at home - slide into dock, get to work. For on-the-go or around the house - pop out of the dock, use as a handheld tablet.
Surprise! the $399 price point includes a wifi mesh networking modem. Every homepod you buy increases your music and wifi range around the house.
Add a "pro" version - thicker, heavier, more powerful, configurable port choices.
Make TB an option across the line (this will never happen, as it means the death of touchbar)
Ditch touchbar (unlikely)
Best option: Move touchbar to above the function keys, and prove that you care about it damn it, by supporting it with some Dev love.
Now has TB and touch id option.
Base price of ~ $2k or less, headless, user configurable to the nth degree; actually modular and user-accessible. Updated cheese grater would be just fine. (this too, never going to happen; goes against Apple's "planned obsolescence" user upgrade money-making scheme)
FIRE TIM COOK. Then fire Cue, Schiller, and Ive.
A decent Macbook Pro with the number of ports commensurate with the price we are paying. Bring back HDMI, and SD, USB-A, and if we must have the disastrous USB-C, give us more of them.
All I want to see is a massive improvement in overall quality, software and hardware, from a company with a near 1 trillion in market cap and 300 billion in the bank. Focus less on gimmicky features or product rehashes and just focus on rock solid OS, software and improve things like battery technology. I don't care about facial tracking on an iPad or adding touch bar displays on other MacBooks, just focus on delivering the quality expected of a product that sold at the highest price price point in nearly every product category they ship.
Apple has a quality issues which cannot be ignored and allowing this problem to persist will erode the shine on Apple's brand past the point where all it takes is a trivial new animated emoji feature to boost a financial quarter sales figures a bit.
2018 should not focus on vapid and naive growth, the way Apple has governed operations for the last 5 years, instead they should reinvest their profits into improving internal Q/A, development, testing and innovating on less fancy and shiny features like batteries and charging so their product quality can catch up to their expectations of selling products with the highest profit margins in the market. Perhaps Apple's quality can also match or finally exceed that of their competition in 2018. I know long term Apple fanbois that have dumped Apple and gone to Android last year.
Also, perhaps, focus less on a stunning new campus and go back to first principals of investing REAL MONEY into the actual product development because virtually every product Apple has sold in 2017 has either had lackluster customer interest or massive software quality issues, and investors are starting to notice that.
OK, I'll bite how did Apple mess you and your family up?
--- Post Merged, Jan 3, 2018 ---
My girl friend made me a knit sweater with UTP wire ;-}
Sorry guy wired connections will always be faster than wireless! Yes! Wireless comm has its place so does the wired world.
Here in the city I have over a 100 AP's screaming around me so finding a channel thats not congested it getting tough. So in the suburbs or wide open country thats not an issue! Then theres security, a wired connect is safer from interlopers listening in.
As for emissions a wired world is less emissive!
--- Post Merged, Jan 3, 2018 ---
PLEASE an iPhone X - MINI with the best possible camera and a smaller screen. I loved the SE for it's size - I'm using the iphone X now, but these phablets are clownish. I want the 4K video in the palm of my hand. PLEASE!
--- Post Merged, Jan 3, 2018 ---
ABSOLUTELY - these big phones are goofy - I'm a professional filmmaker and want to be more incognito.
1) A 2018 model of the iPhone X with a 4" (or better a 3.5") screen.