Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DC3400

Suspended
Jan 2, 2009
Smarties Land
A Mac Portable with trackball.

Several years ago I was out rummage selling for eBay (back when selling on there was actually possible and fun) and I found myself at a rummage that advertising computer stuff for sale. On the patio and picnic area was the a bunch of vintage Mac stuff including the portable, which was worth the trip along, but I got blown away when he said there was more in the basement.

The guy said he was a former technician at a computer shop back in the 1980s and the basement was crammed full with floor to ceiling shelves (nice finished livein basement mind you). LOL, he offered it all for $100. Most of it was PC though so I offered $50 for the Mac stuff and got it (probably should have got the pc stuff too, but we were talking like several pickup loads here for just the pc stuff and I wasn't much of a pc guy). Anyway I was happy as a lot of the software was dealer only copies, etc... Mac Portable did not work (I think the HD was fried as it only gave the sad Mac), but I got some stuff for my collection and made some money selling off the Portable and other things and had some fun messing around with it.

ikermalli

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2008
Early 2008 Macbook, 2.1 GHz, 1GB RAM, 120 GB HDD, so... basically the basic model, but we got it on clearance :D

mikey28

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
White MacBook

The first book I had was a white macbook. I was really wowed, after using Pcs for so long. but. The white case got scratched looking so easily, and the trackpad got so dirty. I hated that. But I was an mac convert. Soon after the "Air" came out. So I sold the white and got the Air.

macthegoalie31

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2008
PowerBook G3, Pismo. I got my MacBook Pro August of '07. I'm glad I got it then and didn't wait for the new style... u-g-l-y.

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
iBook g3 Tangerine Clamshell 300mhz released fresh in 1999.

And I still have it. Just took it out of the closet and loaded it up. It was modified in 2003 with a 30gb drive and 500+ MB memory. Amazingly it still works perfectly aside from a dead battery (expected). 10.3.9 is pretty good on it. For a writing/internet machine it's still quite good aside from having a tiny screen.

stabile007

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Well I didn't purchase it, it was from my Dad's office but it was a PowerBook 150. I was in high school and was like the only person with a laptop even if at the time it was old and decrepit (It was like 3 years old if I remember correctly) but it was a good machine.

Karasu

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2008
Powerbook 1400cs/133. Bought it in college as a promotion that came with the paperwork for one of my private student loans.

iNeurox

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2007
Montréal
My first Apple laptop is actually the current generation MacBook Unibody. I've had an iMac since March 2007, but I never had an Apple laptop before I got this beauty on Januray of this year.

I got the 2.4 Ghz MacBook with 2 GB RAM and 250 GB HD.

I'm in love with it.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
iBook G3 500 Mhz, 384MB ram, DVD/CD. Shipped with OS 9 with an OS X drop-in CD.

Attachments

• ibook4fd0.jpg.jpeg
    ibook4fd0.jpg.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 85
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.