Will this MacBook do good? Is a dead pixel important?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by skrrt1234, Apr 27, 2017.

1. skrrt1234 macrumors newbie

Hello. How good is this MacBook for studies, surfing the web, listening to music and maybe editing a video or two? (Low quality videos). Specs down below. I really want the MacBook to last a few years.

MacBook Pro Retina, 2013.
    8 GB Ram
    Intel Grapichs 4000 and Nvdia GeForce 650m
    Intel Core i7
    2,4 ghz
    256 GB SSD
    4 cores

Please tell me what you think down below. It is second hand offered at around 750$. Will it fit my needs, and how long will the computer last me? Thanks a lot. ALSO - seller is telling me that it has some dead/stuck pixels, which he says you dont notice at all, unless it is fully black screen, then you can actually see it. Will this spread or anything? Should i still buy it?

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

There's the potential for a BIG difference between a dead pixel (always black) and a stuck pixel (always some color other than black). Like you said, if you frequently have a black screen while you're working or watching videos or whatever, a bright lime green pixel will stand out on its own.

I had an iMac with two dead pixels when I bought it, never encountered any new ones and I never really had a problem with those two - but it was only two. You have to decide if it's a problem.

3. MaraviRasmussen macrumors newbie

MaraviRasmussen

hi, let me warn you that 650m was known for failing earlier that expected, im not quite sure about this 2013 version but it still holds the same name , guess that tells me something