Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
:D:D

i am for waiting for the extra players. hopefully some from the other game will join here or some of the old players will come back.

I mean, from the simple game, the only ones remaining to sign up here are SlovakApple, Firestar and Plutonius. Which ironically is the same amount of players we need to kick this off....

Melkorr

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2008
In a house
jav6454 said:
j) There will be a TIME LIMIT for Specials to send in their PMs. The time limit will be 18 hours after the posting of the lynching (NOT after the voting closes) on weekdays, and 24 hours if any of the 18 hours falls on a Saturday or Sunday. There is a 48-hour TIME LIMIT for the lynching vote. If time limit is reached, the person with the most votes will be lynched. In case of a tie, the person who reached the number of votes first, will be lynched.
I thought we agreed to a 36 hour vote. The first vote should be 48 hours though.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Why the rush to start? A few more players may be good. And starting on a friday is a great way to have a lack of activity right from the start BECAUSE weekends are not typically the best time to be messing around on MR. Monday, please?! :eek: :)

jav6454

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Well everyone that discussed the time limit agreed to 36 hours and it was a fair few people.

Alright, changing it to 36 then.

Why the rush to start? A few more players may be good. And starting on a friday is a great way to have a lack of activity right from the start BECAUSE weekends are not typically the best time to be messing around on MR. Monday, please?! :eek: :)

True, but I won't enforce the activity rule for Day 1 since I'm allowing 48 hours for lynch time Day 1.

We still have to 11:30 to see for new players. I'll check back again later and see the most balanced way of approaching this.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.

I agree with this. Why not just wait until Monday morning?

Also, since the premise of this thread was “no major rule changes,” could you go over what changes there are in the OP or in a new post?

stonyc

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2005
Michigan

Also, since the premise of this thread was “no major rule changes,” could you go over what changes there are in the OP or in a new post?
Alright, I'll amend my vote... start today -or- start on Monday. I was afraid that starting on the weekend would lose some people. But Monday makes sense to me too.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways

i think that the only changes are that:

- the apprentice hunter could potentially be infected if he/she had used his/her one immunity in a previous attack. other hunter stay the same.
- secret society is not informed of infiltration
- villagers can refuse recruitment by the secret society
- day is 36 hours
- [not sure if this is a final change] vampire will read as a simple villager if he is scanned pre-activation by the seer [also by the undertaker?]

EDIT: i forgot the anti-noplaying rule: inactive players will be terminated.

Last edited:

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I'm a newbie but I'll give it a shot. Last simple game, I got very frustrated with the lack of player active participation so I want everyone to know in advance that I'm going after the people with my voting that are not actively participating in this game. If you don't post, expect my vote.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
I'm a newbie but I'll give it a shot. Last simple game, I got very frustrated with the lack of player active participation so I want everyone to know in advance that I'm going after the people with my voting that are not actively participating in this game. If you don't post, expect my vote.

fair enough.
i'll second that: barred prayer-driven first-day votes, i'll vote first the person who hasn't posted for the longest time.
19 payers now.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007

- the apprentice hunter could potentially be infected if he/she had used his/her one immunity in a previous attack. other hunter stay the same.
- day is 36 hours
- [not sure if this is a final change] vampire will read as a simple villager if he is scanned pre-activation by the seer [also by the undertaker?]

- Semi-true, he has no protection to an attack and vulnerable to infection. This can still change. Hence the name Apprentice. This can change still (deadline to changes to this role is 3PM Sunday)

- True

- True

- True

- Yes, the vampire will read as a villager until active.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Extras:

1. Since I have people wanting to start Monday, I will leave sign-ups open until Sunday at 9PM, so I can throw in the roles from 9 to 10PM and post the introduction Monday 11AM. That way you have ~12 hours to check what character you are, if you want the role and formulate a strategy if you are one of the Wolves or Secret Society villagers.

2. All times given are Central Time.

3. Don't Panic didn't mention it, but all Specials can forfeit their action for the night optionally. Just send me a PM stating you take no action.

4. Wolves and vampires will be told when they are attacked and their immunity is lost. After all, in real life, a wolf or a vampire has to defend himself against the threat and will know that they were attacked by their enemies. Same goes for the infection on a vampire.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
- Semi-true, he has no protection to an attack and vulnerable to infection. This can still change. Hence the name Apprentice. This can change still (deadline to changes to this role is 3PM Sunday)

- True

- True

- True

- Yes, the vampire will read as a villager until active.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Extras:

1. Since I have people wanting to start Monday, I will leave sign-ups open until Sunday at 9PM, so I can throw in the roles from 9 to 10PM and post the introduction Monday 11AM. That way you have ~12 hours to check what character you are, if you want the role and formulate a strategy if you are one of the Wolves or Secret Society villagers.

2. All times given are Central Time.

3. Don't Panic didn't mention it, but all Specials can forfeit their action for the night optionally. Just send me a PM stating you take no action.

ok: i didn't catch that he had no immunity to attack either. Like it.
does he/she get promoted if he/she insta-kills a baddie? :D

-
... After all, in real life, a wolf or a vampire has to defend himself against the threat and will know that they were attacked by their enemies....
brilliant :D

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.

- day is 36 hours

I’ve got to say, I actually like most of these changes. Not too keen on 36 hours, but it’s better than 48. But the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th change are great. It goes without saying on the 6th, the no-playing rule. We’ll need to revise that somewhat probably in another game. Perhaps give a village a once a game chance to take a mini-vacation if life causes them to have to miss a few days?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.