Yellow-gate? ;)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Geert76, Sep 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

So looks like this will be fixed with a software update, relax everyone.

2. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Have you heard something I haven't? Lol

3. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

There is another thread discussing Apple knowing about the issue and carriers might have a software fix for it. Search for the thread you'll find it.

4. schlaufox macrumors regular

It looked alright on my iPhone 6 - just different.

It's also kinda hard to tell from the picture given.

I'm not ruling out a defect, but it's hard to tell just from the photos we have, I think.

5. AppleRobert macrumors 603

There was a press release by Apple/carriers? Please link.

From what I read it just seemed like a person gave an excuse to get someone off the phone that called in the issue.

6. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

Just chatted with Apple online and there was no confirmation that they are aware of this issue -- though, because they didn't confirm or deny it, doesn't mean anything. I was told that diagnostics checked out and that it is more than likely a software issue and to reset the settings for the phone on iTunes because any other way of resetting is not going to solve the issue.

I am not sure if I am going to reset the settings for the phone using iTunes until the iCloud restoring is complete. I have also compared it to my iPhone 6 and while it is noticeable that the screen is warmer, it isn't brighter. In fact, I would say that at times, the brightness is the same, with the exception being the warmer colors on the ip7.

7. gim macrumors 6502

gim

Ugh, not this again. I will return my iPhone 7 immediately if I get a piss yellow screen like that.
    Already had the same problem with the iPhone SE.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/yellow-se-screen.1965039/page-2#post-22751653

Unacceptable. Not sure what I'm gonna buy if my 7 is yellow, but it surely won't be an iPhone.
    Didn't they mention something like improved screen calibration during the keynote? Apparently a pure marketing lie...

8. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

Someone's a little angry today

9. gim macrumors 6502

gim

And you're happy, that Apple lies to you and all of their costumers with those things they said about the precious new display? From the pictures in this thread, it's worse than the 6s display. Adding to the yellow tint, it's not a tiny bit brighter at all.

But thanks for your productive post.

10. The Tos macrumors 6502a

Just opened my 7 plus and it definitely has a yellowish tint compared to my 6s plus. :(

11. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Mine is also yellow compared to how I remember my 6 to be.

12. MistrSynistr macrumors 65816

Apple promised 25% brighter screens, there is no way it can be that fact if the screen is now a yellow tinted one. So obviously, this is not correct.

13. Bacong macrumors 68020

Bacong

14. King Shady macrumors 6502

King Shady

Well damn. Brand new 7+ white/gold here and the display is definitely a bit warmer. Also seems less bright. Honestly thought these types of threads were BS until I saw some of your guys' pictures and now it's happening to me in real life lol.

15. joce09 macrumors newbie

Me too, I'd get a chuckle thinking they're just too obsessive, but now I'm that person. My 7+ silver is a little warmer and less bright than my previous 6s+ and my boyfriend's as well. I plan on doing the comparison again in a few days then if it's still the same I'll make a trip to the Apple Store.

16. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Got a 7 32, couldnt get any more 7's or a 7+ they didnt have any stock

I dunno , my screen looks alright initial impressions, not seeing a jaundice-y ness on its own?

looks similar to the one 7 I handled while waiting in line tethered to the table, maybe I dodged a bullet

warmth doesnt bother me and is likely completely unavoidable with DCI-P3 as aforementioned, but they shouldnt be so warm its sad to look at

Will update with some usage, have had 5 minutes of play with it so far

17. mi7chy macrumors 603

mi7chy

Personally prefer cooler white vs piss yellow so I'd return it asap.

18. AppleFan91 macrumors 68000

AppleFan91

iPhone 6S on the right and iPhone 7 on the left. Very annoying. Definitely not brighter, maybe even a tad bit dimmer. Don't really notice it until its side by side but still. I have a 7 Plus coming next week, I'm interested in seeing how it compares.

FullSizeRender.jpg

19. jcmendes macrumors regular

Mine 6s plus Left, 7s plus right. This is color gamut??

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. AppleFan91 macrumors 68000

AppleFan91

Weird question. I have yet to update to iOS 10.0.1 on my 7 as it's still running 10 out of the box. Any chance if it fixes it?

21. joce09 macrumors newbie

I'm wondering this as well, I didn't update to 10.0.1 because it messed up my 6s+ so I was holding off on it.

22. Ceviche Lover macrumors regular

Anyone who keeps saying this is normal is a ****ING IDIOT. It is NOT NORMAL. There is a clear difference between that that has the issue and another phone that does not. Also why is it not as bright as my IP6 as its supposed to be 25% brighter than IP6s?

23. michael31986 macrumors 68040

Yours looks good.

Maybe it's a non plus issue. Anyone with pics showing the 7 being brighter?

24. gim macrumors 6502

gim

Agreed. I have not seen a single picture on the internet in which the iPhone 7 display is brighter than 6/6s.
    It's a pure marketing lie as it seems, and I'm really upset because of that.

25. Seanm87 macrumors 6502

If it bothers you so much just adjust the colour temperature in the settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.