Yellow-gate? ;)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Geert76, Sep 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Mine is similar to this. The screen is warmer but not yellow. I've had yellow screens before and it bugged me badly. My 7 Plus is perfect. My 6S Plus is cooler but also more "pink" compared to my 7. I typically don't compare screens unless there's a huge issue.

I've also found after a few days, screens seem to mellow out nicely.

2. techspin macrumors 6502a

6S vs 7 comparison. Guess which one is the 7...

[​IMG]

3. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

There is no color temp setting. Only color vibrancy.

4. Seanm87 macrumors 6502

There certainly is

Attached Files:

5. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

I have the yellow tint too. I'm fine with it.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2016 ---
    Yeah...that's for night shift only.

6. Ceviche Lover macrumors regular

Do you not get that people have defected phones? People shouldn't have to resort to manually changing color temperatures to fix the issue.

7. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

That's night shift. That's not a setting to adjust color temperature.

8. jcmendes macrumors regular

My middle pic is max brighter

9. AppleFan91 macrumors 68000

AppleFan91

Just updated. Doesn't fix

10. Seanm87 macrumors 6502

Oh really? I thought it adjusts the temperature regardless.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2016 ---
    I'm willing to bet there's no defect and this is intended by apple. Displays always have whites that are too blue in colour so they appear more bright. If you've ever calibrated your TV they always say to go warm as it's more accurate. Your eyes just aren't used to it.

11. Ceviche Lover macrumors regular

If this is the case then why is my IP7 darker than my IP6, considering it's supposed to be 25% then the IP6S? Why are there multiple threads on this same issue? Dude it's not normal. I don't want a piss yellow screen that darker than my IP6.

12. joce09 macrumors newbie

Thanks!!

13. Boardiesboi macrumors 65816

Boardiesboi

Copied the following from another forum:

"The yellow "tint" people are talking about is the phone following 6500K white point which is the standard which most devices try to follow but never calibrated well enough to achieve. Even when you tweak the colour filter setting the displays native white point is closer to 6500K. It's a more accurate display. I guess people are so use to having blue tint on their uncalibrated TV's and other devices. Give it a chance once you get use to the 6500K standard for white you'll find blue tint annoying."

14. mhnkl macrumors newbie

mhnkl

Still, the 7's are not 25% brighter. Sure i can buy this about warmer color. But you can clearly see that we dont see any 25% more brightness. A whole 1/4 more light. Something is wrong, if its hardware software we will see.

15. BorderingOn macrumors 6502

16. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

The tint definitely isn't the problem. Proper 6500k looks pretty warm compared to most displays.

But the pictures we're seeing do not demonstrate increased brightness. 25% should be obvious in a photo.

I haven't seen one in person so I can't comment on anything else, but something is definitely off in the pics in this thread.

Has anyone tested how the screens behave in direct sunlight compared to a 6s?

17. themarriedmommy macrumors member

Mine(7 gold) definitely has a pink tint. It's even more noticeable in sunlight. Next to my daughters 6s it looks dim.

18. globalist macrumors 6502a

19. Mr. White macrumors newbie

Mr. White

OK, so I just got back from my local apple store. I took my 6s plus with me to compare the screens. The 7 Plus one was more yellow than mine. Then I went into 7 Plus settings, accessibility, display accommodations, color filters. Spent 1 minute playing with color filters and tint and made it look less yellow then my 6s plus. It doesn't look like a hardware problem at all, it's just a matter of these settings.

The other thing is brightness, tried really hard to appreciate iPhone 7's better brightness but couldn't really tell a difference between 6s plus and 7 plus. Same with colors really. If there is a difference there it's very subtle. Or maybe it wasn't ideal conditions to test it.

20. lovelybai macrumors member

It is as yellow as **** but this could easily be fixed

Attached Files:

21. Cakefish macrumors 6502a

Cakefish

My iPhone 7 has a slightly warmer display than my brother's 6S. It is noticeable when viewing side-by-side but not to the point where it's an issue.

22. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68040

NovemberWhiskey

The glue drying excuse is ********, and was ******** put forth to bump people past their return dates.

Some screens just come with more yellowish tints. Period. It is permanent.

If you cannot live with it, you must exchange your phone and play the lottery. But I have to say that there is a good chance you will get one again.

I used to play the exchange game, but now, I don't think there is a point anymore.

23. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

https://twitter.com/detroitborg?lang=en

Michael posted on his twitter how the screen is warmer(he also mentioned yellow) but colorful. If you look on his instagram he has at least 5 iPhone 7's in front of him he can compare(7 and 7 Plus). Either the first run of all iPhones are defective or that's the way its suppose to look, I could be wrong though.

24. kre62, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016

kre62 macrumors 68020

OMG this excuse EVERY YEAR! If this is the case then how do we even have blueish 6S phones? Or 6 phones? or 5S, or 5, or 4S or 4 or 3GS? Cause each of those phones initially had yellow tint displays, and each had people like you claiming "6500K bro its more correct!! Apple is god!".

News flash: this is an issue every year. Its a defect every year. The phones are defective and have crap screens. Get them swapped out.

25. have24 macrumors newbie

Love all the people on here trying to justify that there is nothing wrong with the color. I'm definitely not an expert when it comes to color but those photos definitely have the 7's looking pretty yellow. Like my 6s but with night shift on. Pretty sure all the people trying to justify that this is OK and normal could probably receive a pile of **** in their iPhone box and try to justify that its "courage" or something like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.