Apple...A Fast Charger would have been nice!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sean76, Nov 9, 2017.

1. dazz87 macrumors 6502a

Remember guys a fast charger is a luxury item........

2. ultravegeta1981 macrumors regular

ultravegeta1981

They should be ashamed by putting those low voltage charger in their 1000 dollar phone really. I thought Apple was all about revolution yet they charge their customers for fast chargers 80 dollars? You do get what I mean. But whatever Apple does is cool right?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2017 ---

Lmao. I don't know if you meant this in a sarcastic way but it made me laugh.

3. Aydy macrumors regular

Aydy

Its because people look at samsung and/or other android manufacturers and see when they release a device with fast charge capabilities (including non flagship cheap devices) there is always a bundled fast charger with the device to let the user experience quick charge straight out of the box. Fast chargers are not considered luxury items in android devices, they are not a necessity but simply a practicality and a means to make use of tech built into the device.

I can see why users are miffed tbh. Why have a feature that can not be utilised straight from opening the box?

Either, Samsung etc, spoil their users Or Apple are being courageously tight

4. dazz87 macrumors 6502a

Seriously how dare we ask for a $15.00 charger for our 1k phone......

5. ultravegeta1981 macrumors regular

ultravegeta1981

I see you Lmao I'm really laughing hard here.

6. Aydy macrumors regular

Aydy

So long as this attitude exists..Apple can do what ever they cotton pickin like and these attitudes will still be there, in that queue, cash in hand. No matter what.

Power to you bro. Apple loves ya o_O

7. teohyc macrumors regular

teohyc

iPhone users don't know what they are missing out, and Apple is not about to tell them.

8. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

They do. That’s why they own iPhones.

9. dazz87 macrumors 6502a

Ouch...... :)

10. Regime2008 Suspended

Regime2008

It honestly saddens me when I read posters defending Apples' shady tactics. These same people would probably complain about not receiving AA batteries for their remote, yet defend Apple for not including a fast charger, with its fast charging capable device. A previous user said Apple could possibly save money by only making iPad chargers, which would cut manufacturing costs by making it the universal charger (even though its still not a fast charger.) That move alone would be beneficial to the company and to its users. Too bad Apple won't do this, especially when you have so many people who defend every decision that Apple makes, whether it be good or bad.

11. AintDutchNotMuch macrumors regular

AintDutchNotMuch

Luckily I couldn’t care less about fast charging, just like the removal of the headphone jack doesn’t bother me. What would piss me off is if they’d remove Touch ID:eek:

12. mib1800 macrumors 68020

Must be the buyers that did something wrong for not deserving a bundled fast charger.

13. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

No, but it was ****** of them not to include it in a $1k phone when phones that cost half that include them.

And an iPhone X isn't?

14. viperGTS macrumors 68000

Will those samsung fast chargers charge the iPhone X quickly too? As in, 30 minutes to 50% quickly?

15. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I have the Apple 29w fast charger and cable, and I can confirm, that it does charge 50% in 30 mins, for those Samsung owners wondering. :)

16. effort macrumors member

effort

I agree, but they didn't include it so you have no choice but to buy the materials you need to fast charge and move on. I invested and the convenience is 100% worth it.

Protip: you can find the power adapter + 2 M cable on eBay for $50 (vs. 92 with tax at the apple store), I just received mine in the mail yesterday and the product being sold is legit. Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Ap...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

17. Aydy, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017

Aydy macrumors regular

Aydy

Good question. I know they are interchangeable in samsung devices (my brothers s7 fast charger will fast charge my son’s oneplus5 with a standard usb c cable, but I'm pretty sure most fast chargers employ similar tech.

Honestly i would hazard a guess that apple will block any attempts from random adapters from utilising their fast charge feature. It most likely will standard charge but i assume fast charge will be proprietary. I may be completely wrong here though

18. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Even though I already have one from Apple, I ordered another from your link. I hope it is legit Apple OEM.

19. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I’m so tempted to buy but I’m curious how this is even real? Wouldn’t it be a loss to the seller? It’s clear they’re doing this for profit if they’ve already sold 13 and still have 10 left. How are they acquiring these and still turning a profit? Makes me wonder if they’re knockoffs in Apple packaging.

20. jamesrick80 macrumors 68020

jamesrick80

Not including a fast charger is the one profound undisputed thing you can't even defend Apple for and if you even try....shame on you.

21. Sean76 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sean76

Read more of the posts before assuming!

AirPods are a ridiculous thing for Apple to include...$150 vs something that's pennies

22. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

I don't know if Apple is working on a smaller fast charger, but I agree that Apple would not want to change the size of the traditional iPhone box to accommodate a fast charger and doing so would probably not increase sales.

23. Sean76 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sean76

Lmaooo...your in a very deep trance my friend! A fast charger is by no means a Luxury item in any way shape or form! Do you hear yourself, like do you even hear what you are saying?

So you're saying your ok with a charger from how many years ago?

I'm an Apple fan, but I am by no means someone who is ok with just spending tons of money on something and being ok with yesteryears technology.

And if a fast charger is a luxury item for you...well hey I feel bad for you.

24. effort macrumors member

effort

It seems fine to me. It didn’t come with the original boxes, but it did come in the plastic. It has all the regulations printed on the adapter (Apple logo, product name, etc). I purchased because someone else on these forums had mentioned it. Plus, he seems to have all positive reviews lol.

25. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Is the iPad charger not much slower to charge an iPhone than the 29w charger?