Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JimCT16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2016
Hello Forum:

I have an iPhone 6s Plus, purchased in December 2015, carrier is AT&T. I previously had an iPhone 5, so my current issue has NEVER occurred with either device until 2 days ago.

I do not use the Cloud for any purposes. I solely utilize my Apple iTunes account/functions on my PC desktop (log into account to purchase music at iTunes store, maintain my music library, create playlists, etc.). I always connect my iPhone to PC via USB to iTunes application to maintain phone…iOS updates, moving music playlists to phone, backing up device, etc.

I never login to my Apple account directly on my iPhone, unless to purchase/free download Apps from the App Store. Other than that brief moment, I am otherwise always logged out of my Apple account on phone/device itself.

Two days ago, one of the Apps that I use (Sirius XM), encountered an issue. I was logged into my Sirius XM account, playing programming, and then the content stopped playing. I contacted their tech support dept, and one of their troubleshooting techniques was to delete the Sirius XM App and re-download it onto my phone, which I did (had to login to my Apple account to get the app). While I was on phone with their tech support, I was told they were having an issue with content playing on Apple devices, which was later resolved. As always, I logged out of my Apple account after downloading Apps or getting updates to Apps from the App Store.

However, since this scenario from two days ago, every time I open the Music app to go to My Music or Playlists, a sign in screen keeps popping up with 3 options: ‘Use Existing Apple ID’, ‘Create New Apple ID’, and ‘Cancel’. I have never seen this show up when going to my Music on this phone or my previous phone at any time.

I called Apple Tech support, and spoke with several techs and they had no specific answer, other than to login and stay logged into my Apple account at all times on the phone, which I have never had to do, nor prefer to do. We tried different settings, but none helped to stop the login screen from showing up.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get this login screen to stop showing every time I go into the Music App? (other than login into the account, of course). Even after removing all of my music from the device, it still shows up as well. I have tried various scenarios, login into the account, then out, from My Music, iTunes Store, App Store, etc. with no resolve. Any suggestions/advice is well appreciated. Thanks!!

JimCT16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2016
Hi..thanks for your input...I have never used 'Apple Music'..so it has always been in the off position within settings....I have always strictly used the Music app for my selected playlists imported from my iTunes on computer...the Apple Music was one of the settings I played around with last week, with no change in results...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.