Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
I don't think that site is fake. After all, what can they do with email address and order #? (I hope nothing lol)

They can look at your order status. when you go to apple.com/orderstatus you can use your email and order number to log in. which is exactly what they are asking for!

filmfanatic24

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2007
This page is not bad. I had a problem with my order, called apple, and the sales rep had me type this address in. The problem is people confuse the order number and sales number. It is two different numbers. I kept putting in the number that started with a w, which is not the sales invoice number.

I just looked through all my emails and I don't see any invoice/sale/order number that doesn't start with a W. And even if I did find it I wouldn't go putting it in that again.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
This page is not bad. I had a problem with my order, called apple, and the sales rep had me type this address in. The problem is people confuse the order number and sales number. It is two different numbers. I kept putting in the number that started with a w, which is not the sales invoice number.

You don't get a sales invoice, and hence, no sales invoice number, until the product ships.

filmfanatic24

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2007
They can look at your order status. when you go to apple.com/orderstatus you can use your email and order number to log in. which is exactly what they are asking for!

You still have to have the password to log in? Are you suggesting it is a keylogger?

toastedfroggy

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2010

yeah but it ONLY shows the order status. You still have to log in with your user name and password to make changes to your order

Bill Gates

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2006
we are not all website experts? Are you positive it is from apple? you would be worried if you were in my position too!
I'm not a website "expert" but I'm not an idiot either. It doesn't take a genius to see that that website is a subdomain of Apple.com and therefore is most decidedly NOT a phishing site.

Lifesuxsbad

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Who is

I'm not a website "expert" but I'm not an idiot either. It doesn't take a genius to see that that website is a subdomain of Apple.com and therefore is most decidedly NOT a phishing site.

I did a WHO is on it and there are no records for that site...but I did do a Trace route and it traces it to Sacramento CA so it could be a legit site I guess. Where did you get the web address from?

toastedfroggy

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2010
i haven't had my order cancelled, I also never received the email people are talking about. I am wondering if that site is legit. It seems like it might be. I entered my order number and it didn't find anything.

Found out you have to enter your sales number. I found this number but hesitant to enter it

filmfanatic24

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2007
Eh, I changed my password on my phone just in case.

Anyways, back on topic...

I got an email yesterday from AT&T that is access to my CSS. I guess I wouldn't be getting that if I hadn't agreed to the terms? My order still shows prepped for shipment.

toastedfroggy

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2010
Eh, I changed my password on my phone just in case.

Anyways, back on topic...

I got an email yesterday from AT&T that is access to my CSS. I guess I wouldn't be getting that if I hadn't agreed to the terms? My order still shows prepped for shipment.

I also go this email. Anyone who also got this email still have their order cancelled?

Lamarak

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
are you positive?? I can't get through to apple.

Yes, the sales number is located in the title in the email they sent you saying there is a problem. Its all numbers, no letters in it. Thats what they want, not order number that has a letter like a " W" starting with it.

Bill Gates

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2006
And if it was a true apple site shouldn't it work?
I don't know. I don't work for Apple. Perhaps it takes time for submitted orders to propagate to all of Apple's servers. Perhaps an order needs to be closer to the ship date to show up. All I know is that that website is most definitely not a phishing site. More than that I could not tell you.

ttam110

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Yes, the sales number is located in the title in the email they sent you saying there is a problem. Its all numbers, no letters in it. Thats what they want, not order number that has a letter like a " W" starting with it.

I entered my sales number too and got the same "can't find information" error

Lifesuxsbad

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Site

Ok now I think that site is ok....did another Whois on it and it does say Apple owns that site....so sorry for the post.

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007

ok so we only get that number if there is a problem? did you have a problem and successfully use that site? if so could you get a screen shot to calm my nerves? lol thanks!

ttam110

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Ok now I think that site is ok....did another Whois on it and it does say Apple owns that site....so sorry for the post.

well it is a subdomain of apple.com so I can't see why it is not legit.

Also, I believe that site was used a long time ago when they began selling iPhone 3G's online....Not sure though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.