kr00k322

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Just called my Best Buy in Signal Hill, CA and they said they received 10 or so. I guess I lucked out since I was #3 and the 2 before me wanted 32GB White. They said they would be calling me tomorrow to set up my appointment. They also said they hadn't received any white, If anyone was going there hoping they would.

Comment

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Some sigh of relief as my BB finally called a few minutes before 8p today, and the lady set an appointment for me. She offered 10:30am, but I suggested the earlier, the better. She gave me 9:30am instead. I have other engagements after 12pm and have no time during the noon/evening to pick it up.

Big relief, but I still plan to go to the Apple Store at 7am. I want a bumper from there. The stores are only 3 miles from each other, even 9am at Apple Store should be okay. For next year or a year after that, I still plan to try to deal with Apple first. Lesson learned from a first time iPhone buyer like me. I don't like how my BB rarely answers calls either. Nice to hear other BB is much more helpful than the one close to me. My BB can't even disclose the stock to me. I'll be fuming if they don't have an iPhone for me by the time I get there, but with a 9:30am appointment, I like my chances. I suggest for anyone who hasn't received a call yet to suggest an early time. Beg if you have to. I am #11 here and got 30 min advance before regular opening time when the lady originailly wanted 10:30am.

Comment

bigkito

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2006
Best buy called this morning. Told me to be there by 8am or they would have to sell it to someone else.

Comment

robs24

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
BB Called yesterday and told me "I have some bad news!"...my phones will not be available for pickup on Thurs. I ordered two 32gb black phones and I was #13 and #14. They did state they get drop shipments all the time and dont be suprised if I get a call Thursday afternoon.

Comment

jas79

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
Some sigh of relief as my BB finally called a few minutes before 8p today, and the lady set an appointment for me. She offered 10:30am, but I suggested the earlier, the better. She gave me 9:30am instead. I have other engagements after 12pm and have no time during the noon/evening to pick it up.

Big relief, but I still plan to go to the Apple Store at 7am. I want a bumper from there. The stores are only 3 miles from each other, even 9am at Apple Store should be okay. For next year or a year after that, I still plan to try to deal with Apple first. Lesson learned from a first time iPhone buyer like me. I don't like how my BB rarely answers calls either. Nice to hear other BB is much more helpful than the one close to me. My BB can't even disclose the stock to me. I'll be fuming if they don't have an iPhone for me by the time I get there, but with a 9:30am appointment, I like my chances. I suggest for anyone who hasn't received a call yet to suggest an early time. Beg if you have to. I am #11 here and got 30 min advance before regular opening time when the lady originailly wanted 10:30am.

*******Did they say how may they got? this is in cerritos right? i am out of luck i guess i am #70 at this BB.

Comment

Gagoots

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2006
My store is ass-raping me.
They are getting their shipment today but will not call until TOMORROW. The day OF.

This completely screws up my plan to line up at the SoHo apple store if they couldn't get me a phone.

****KKKKK them.

Comment

Chodite

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2007
Baltimore, MD
My local Best Buy here in the Baltimore area JUST received 10 more, putting the total at 15. Maybe more to come tomorrow (?) on the 24th.

Comment

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
*******Did they say how may they got? this is in cerritos right? i am out of luck i guess i am #70 at this BB.
Yup.

The Best Buy employee told me if you got the pre-order on the 15th, you have a chance. He told me they ordered the most because they are the busiest of the district, but he or the lady who called for an appt couldn't disclose how much they have in stock. I suggest just going there because they rarely pickup the phone for calls and just ask them if you have a chance. If no call by the time the store closes today, head out to the Apple Store in the Cerritos Mall ASAP. Grand opening and you don't have to deal with a reserved line. Had I never got a call from BB, the Apple Store in Cerritos is the best bet. I still plan to head out there tomorrow morning before my BB pick-up to get a bumper and watch the chaos unfold.

Comment

hasek3139

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2009
im screwed :/

soooo my BB in connecticut called me and said they received a "handfull" and they said i was number 11 in pre order line. i asked if a handful meant 10? and i just missed the cut. the BB guy said no they got less then 10... and that they would put me down on the 2nd shipment which could be as long as 10 days, but they are guaranteeing that i will get one since i pre ordered.

i got the 16gb black

Comment

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
Ugh, I'm upset. I called Best Buy right now, because I have class in a while and I wouldn't be able to answer the phone if they called to set up the appointment, and I didn't want them to set people up before me and risk me not getting the phone. So I asked if they were going to be setting up the appiontments, and the lady said that they were about to do just that.

She asked what number I was and I told her that I was 3rd in line and had ordered a 32GB Black, and then she told me that they only received 16GB iPhones from Apple, so that I would have to wait until they received the 32GB iPhone and that it probably wouldn't be tomorrow...

So much for reserving a phone for launch day. And I don't have an Apple Store near me, so I can't go there. I would go to Walmart or RadioShack as they are doing walk-ins, but they're probably missing the same thing.

Comment

tek210

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
Never heard from BB so I called and got my appt set for 11:00 tomorrow. Cannot wait.

Comment

AbSoluTc

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2008
Ugh, I'm upset. I called Best Buy right now, because I have class in a while and I wouldn't be able to answer the phone if they called to set up the appointment, and I didn't want them to set people up before me and risk me not getting the phone. So I asked if they were going to be setting up the appiontments, and the lady said that they were about to do just that.

She asked what number I was and I told her that I was 3rd in line and had ordered a 32GB Black, and then she told me that they only received 16GB iPhones from Apple, so that I would have to wait until they received the 32GB iPhone and that it probably wouldn't be tomorrow...

So much for reserving a phone for launch day. And I don't have an Apple Store near me, so I can't go there. I would go to Walmart or RadioShack as they are doing walk-ins, but they're probably missing the same thing.

Don't worry. They are getting shipments in every day to fill orders. It seems A LOT of people only ordered the 16GB model. Not sure why. Even at my store everyone in front of me ordered the 16GB phone. I was the first one to order the 32GB.

Very strange.

I would think they should have more in today if not, on launch day. Good luck though. :)

Comment

stlredbird

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2009
just called my Best Buy and they said they would start calling people at 2:00 today to set up appointments. The wait continues!

Comment

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ
My BB called me today (they were my backup - don't need them as my phone came this morning). I pre-ordered a 32 GB Black, but my store only received 16GBs ... so I was hosed if I was relying on them.

Comment

buc

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
My BB called me today (they were my backup - don't need them as my phone came this morning). I pre-ordered a 32 GB Black, but my store only received 16GBs ... so I was hosed if I was relying on them.

That would be a bummer. I was #9 in line overall and ordered the 32G. It's a bigger store though in Chicago...hopefully that helps.

Comment

Errk!

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Preordered a black 32GB on the first day of preorders (the 15th?) and was the 3rd in line, 2nd 32GB. I went through Best Buy because they have 18 mos. same as cash.

I was expecting my appointment setup call today but on lunch I stopped in to see if I could just do it then and there. The guy said they actually called yesterday and left a message (strange since I didn't have any missed calls or voice mail messages, but OK) but no worries; I can go ahead and schedule.

So I set up my app't and got back to work and right after I walk in the door I get a call which I missed. The guy that left the message was the guy I had just talked to in the store - he said that he was told to "unbrick" (his words) the phones to be ready for tomorrow (even though they only got in 5) and both 32GBs they received were defective. Oh well.

An interesting note - I had mentioned that I saw the reports posted on various sites with the order fulfillment numbers for some Best Buys in California that said they were getting 10-20 in each store...he said those were false (though I'm not sure how he would know this seeing as how we are in Michigan). This particular store is not especially busy or big and received 5, 2 of them being 32GBs.

I'm bummed but I'll likely have one in a few days. I can't believe how distraught people are getting about this, like it's life or death.

Comment

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2009
Pissed. I was #40 at my store and I seriously expected to get one on the day it was launched. I was thinking stores would be getting 100 or so on launch day. 10 at a time? Not cool. Let's get with it.

Comment

dan925

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
BB just called, setup my time for 11:30 tomorrw, one 32gb blk, and one 16gb blk!!

Comment

Errk!

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Is anyone getting the Best Buy protection plan? The guy I talked to said it covers any breakage or issue, even something like getting run over by a car. I'm a little leery of that and I'm sure they have a million and one ways to screw you in the fine print but on the surface it seems like a good idea.

Comment

kr00k322

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Is anyone getting the Best Buy protection plan? The guy I talked to said it covers any breakage or issue, even something like getting run over by a car. I'm a little leery of that and I'm sure they have a million and one ways to screw you in the fine print but on the surface it seems like a good idea.

I doubt I will, I'd feel better going with AppleCare since in my experiences with seeing them handle peoples iPhone problems with new ones from the back without a word.

Comment

hasek3139

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2009
Don't worry. They are getting shipments in every day to fill orders. It seems A LOT of people only ordered the 16GB model. Not sure why. Even at my store everyone in front of me ordered the 16GB phone. I was the first one to order the 32GB.

Very strange.

I would think they should have more in today if not, on launch day. Good luck though. :)

how do you know they will be getting shipments everyday?

Comment

Errk!

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
I doubt I will, I'd feel better going with AppleCare since in my experiences with seeing them handle peoples iPhone problems with new ones from the back without a word.

It doesn't replace AppleCare, and AppleCare doesn't cover drops or other similar damage.

The Best Buy plan is $15. Not sure how long the coverage is good for.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.