Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Cases

• Total voters

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Picked up this case today. Love the colour.

e5958623a6d2d29dc8d8deee3518aab2.png

Reactions: blaine07 and AE14

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
What’s the consensus on a good, thin case with a little raised lip to prevent the phone from shattering if falls out of car onto cement when you’re getting out cause you left it in your lap. Or like if you’re walking your two dogs snd they see a squirrel and your leash hand is also phone hand. Don’t care about scratches, and doesn’t need to survive atmospheric reentry, just little bit of drop on pavement from low height, whilst keeping it minimal and as close to Apple design as possible?

I’m a fan of the Caudabe Sheath. www.caudabe.com

Reactions: SR Steve

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
What’s the consensus on a good, thin case with a little raised lip to prevent the phone from shattering if falls out of car onto cement when you’re getting out cause you left it in your lap. Or like if you’re walking your two dogs snd they see a squirrel and your leash hand is also phone hand. Don’t care about scratches, and doesn’t need to survive atmospheric reentry, just little bit of drop on pavement from low height, whilst keeping it minimal and as close to Apple design as possible?

Can relate. :D

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
As some might know here, I am a big fan of the Nomad Rugged case for iPhone X. Recently, a friend of mine got it for his X too. My Rugged case is the best case I have used, but the buttons are not very clicky....

However, Nomad improved the case I think, because the buttons of my friends’ case are very clicky (like the SolidSuit).

All in all, it’s my favourite case!

Reactions: AE14

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
As some might know here, I am a big fan of the Nomad Rugged case for iPhone X. Recently, a friend of mine got it for his X too. My Rugged case is the best case I have used, but the buttons are not very clicky....

However, Nomad improved the case I think, because the buttons of my friends’ case are very clicky (like the SolidSuit).

All in all, it’s my favourite case!
Time to buy another then! Or MAYBE you can email them and let them know what you found. Maybe they'll give you a discount or send you a new one.

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Time to buy another then! Or MAYBE you can email them and let them know what you found. Maybe they'll give you a discount or send you a new one.
I have done that, and they sent me a new one for free. Amazing service, since it's not a real defect...

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Perfect! Care to post a photo of the case?
Here you go! The darker one is the old one, but unfortunately the nice patina doesn’t show on the pictures. It just looks like a darker version. It is darker of course, but in real life you also see some darker spots and small scratches that make it look like beautiful.

Attachments

• 74AEE61C-DB8E-4C43-812A-C979B7038DFA.jpeg
    74AEE61C-DB8E-4C43-812A-C979B7038DFA.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 510
  • D45B3146-16DE-4E2A-BDC5-49F84CA9A03F.jpeg
    D45B3146-16DE-4E2A-BDC5-49F84CA9A03F.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 487
  • 8ABCB67C-0DD8-4B72-8FE4-891F024A77AC.jpeg
    8ABCB67C-0DD8-4B72-8FE4-891F024A77AC.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 486
  • 1EA42B76-D13B-4F63-994F-368D903C8D87.jpeg
    1EA42B76-D13B-4F63-994F-368D903C8D87.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 475
  • EE22E9D7-E3DF-404F-BA64-9E2C5E304CDF.jpeg
    EE22E9D7-E3DF-404F-BA64-9E2C5E304CDF.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 498

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Here you go! The darker one is the old one, but unfortunately the nice patina doesn’t show on the pictures. It just looks like a darker version. It is darker of course, but in real life you also see some darker spots and small scratches that make it look like beautiful.
I actually recall looking at this on more than one occasion at Best Buy. It seems a little bulky for my liking but I agree that it's a gorgeous case.

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
I actually recall looking at this on more than one occasion at Best Buy. It seems a little bulky for my liking but I agree that it's a gorgeous case.
It is bulky indeed, but it doesn’t bother me since I want good drop protection. The Nomad Rugged offers 10ft of drop protection, so perfect for me. However, if you want a very slim case, it’s not for you...

IXDoubleDXI

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Central Florida
I'm not seeing this mentioned anywhere previously, but with the lack of a Magpul Case for the X, I pulled the trigger on this one. I've been a huge fan of their cases for years, saw some members reached out to them regarding the X and no confirmation it would ever happen. In randomly checking Amazon, then eBay, I came across a similar looking one here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magpul-Sty...f8:m:mrHFgzYDSxtnJ3fHQLoc_0Q&var=462377756989

Will give it a shot and update on here once I get it.

geokarbou

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2015
Hi everyone. I am looking for a good case that offers some decent protection from drops becuase today I had a mini heart attack when I was trying to slip my phone into my pocket and clumsy me missed and dropped it onto the floor. **the phone is two weeks old**

Thank god I had a cheap case and screen protector from ebay and the phone is ok. The case broke into three pieces though so I want to get something decent this time. Any recommendations??

Thank you in advance!

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Hi everyone. I am looking for a good case that offers some decent protection from drops becuase today I had a mini heart attack when I was trying to slip my phone into my pocket and clumsy me missed and dropped it onto the floor. **the phone is two weeks old**

Thank god I had a cheap case and screen protector from ebay and the phone is ok. The case broke into three pieces though so I want to get something decent this time. Any recommendations??

Thank you in advance!

In my opinion, and although a bit expensive, you can't go wrong with the Apple Leather case.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
My Apple leather case ate a SERIOUS fall last night. Leather is gouged in three of the four corners and there’s a huge gouge across the back. My X is still perfect.

Take it for what you will.

Reactions: blaine07

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
In anticipation for the iPhone XS, I've been looking at cases. I've used a Diztronic TPU case for the 6, 6S, 7, and now 8. It's the perfect case for me, but I'm wondering what's out there now. Are there any cases that provide the same features? Flexible, thin TPU that has a lip that will clear a glass screen protector when lying face down.

I'm looking at the Caudabe Sheath, but I can't find anywhere that says the height of the lip will still clear the face of the phone with a glass screen protector on.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
In anticipation for the iPhone XS, I've been looking at cases. I've used a Diztronic TPU case for the 6, 6S, 7, and now 8. It's the perfect case for me, but I'm wondering what's out there now. Are there any cases that provide the same features? Flexible, thin TPU that has a lip that will clear a glass screen protector when lying face down.

I'm looking at the Caudabe Sheath, but I can't find anywhere that says the height of the lip will still clear the face of the phone with a glass screen protector on.
Depends on how thick your glass screen protector is. The lip is very small.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I have a Zag full screen on my 7plus and the sheath still has a small lip. It’s not big but it’s enough to keep the screen off a flat surface if you put the phone face down. I will most likely be getting one for my future xs plus or whatever it’s going to be called.

Reactions: blaine07

Katjubu

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2014
For Mous case users, how does the case feel in jeans pockets? It's a little thicker than my current case and also has the unique front lip design.

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
I was looking for a minimalist case that has a lip only on the corners, similar to the mous but that at the same time would show the back of the phone.

Does anyone know of a case like this?

I think it's genius to have the lip in the front in an angle that only the corners have the lip to avoid interfering with swipes

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I was looking for a minimalist case that has a lip only on the corners, similar to the mous but that at the same time would show the back of the phone.

Does anyone know of a case like this?

I think it's genius to have the lip in the front in an angle that only the corners have the lip to avoid interfering with swipes

Realise you said you want to show off the back, but I'll still recommend you my case, that achieves a similar 'dip' along the sides whilst providing lips on the corners...

iPhone X Case (5.8"), DesignSkin [Corner] : Shock Absorbing Ultra Slim Light Thin Edge Cushion Bumper Protection Hard Cover Simple Basic Minimalist Ca https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076HHQMKZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_TJsg6XXhyJCQC

^Yes, the sides are exposed, but because the result is less bulging on the width of the phone, you have a better grip & hence have less chance of dropping it.

I also think showing off the sides is preferable to the back, as the back attracts fingerprints which are ugly. The matt black of this case is a fingerprint repellent & looks slick anyway.

I've also matched the case up with a curved-bezel glass screen protector & it's perfect - near-naked phone & swipe-friendly edges. :D

Cancelled
May 30, 2007
I'm not seeing this mentioned anywhere previously, but with the lack of a Magpul Case for the X, I pulled the trigger on this one. I've been a huge fan of their cases for years, saw some members reached out to them regarding the X and no confirmation it would ever happen. In randomly checking Amazon, then eBay, I came across a similar looking one here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magpul-Style-Field-Case-For-Iphone-X-Rugged-Shield-bump-case-New/163194886392?hash=item25ff2c58f8:m:mrHFgzYDSxtnJ3fHQLoc_0Q&var=462377756989

Will give it a shot and update on here once I get it.

I can't even begin to describe my fury at Magpul for this....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.