Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Cases

• Total voters

Zaned303

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015
Centennial CO
Orange/ Black Element comes soon!
Stocked got this as a gift Comes 11/7

6CD87267-0E8A-41F3-8393-88F7325D5339.jpeg

Below is the Caseology Paralax Case loved my IPhone 7+ Paralax

AC26BE1D-A92A-4971-86C5-8F74B1446D2C.jpeg

gatorknight904

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Dallas/Ft. Worth
I just order the Spigen thin fit in silver to go with my Silver X. Any thoughts about it so far? Slippery, notches, etc? I like having access to the buttons (vs rubber cover) and the open lip at bottom for swiping seems like a good idea right now. Not to dissimilar from the apple silicone case in that regard. Not expected massive protection but hoping it works against the minor dings and scratched.

I really like the thin fit. I actually used it all year on my 7 Plus. Does not add any bulk and the matte versions are not slippery. Not sure about the silver. It has not delivered yet. The case just faded to the background when looking at the screen. I have a Black 7 Plus with the Matte Black Thin Fit. Here are some pics. Went Silver as well for the X.

Also, I added in their magnet because I use their magnetic car mount.

IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1501.JPG
IMG_1503.JPG
IMG_1504.JPG

Reactions: THE JUICEMAN

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
The red looks fantastic!
Yeah, now. But in 1-2 years time, if it's like the older series.....just take care of the thing!
[doublepost=1509494456][/doublepost]
I really like the thin fit. I actually used it all year on my 7 Plus. Does not add any bulk and the matte versions are not slippery. Not sure about the silver. It has not delivered yet. The case just faded to the background when looking at the screen. I have a Black 7 Plus with the Matte Black Thin Fit. Here are some pics. Went Silver as well for the X.

View attachment 729790 View attachment 729791 View attachment 729792 View attachment 729793
Side on views will be handy (to see if there's a big/any camera hole bump).
[doublepost=1509494548][/doublepost]
I’ve had it on since April.
Do you wipe it down regularly? & If you do, do you use a damp cloth?

(I wipe my PC case with a damp cloth every week, but aren't sure if leather holds up well if treated like that)

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal

Excellent photos. Thank you. I also use the magnet car mount so hoping this case suits my needs.

Reactions: gatorknight904

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Received my iPhone X Case, TORRAS [Love Series] Liquid Silicone today and I already hate it lol. I should have known better but wow what a dust and dirt magnet. The search continues. I’ve got to order by tomorrow to have something by Friday.
[doublepost=1509498715][/doublepost]
It doesn't look or feel bulky to me. It very easy to hold in your hand.

Wow UAG has improved their design a lot. I remember them being extremely slippery in the past so I’m glad they added those grippy areas on the sides. I may have to check this one out. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Reactions: Apple_Robert

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Well played. Hopefully it won't be too bad. Maybe at worst, it'll just be a comfort thing - I know the left lip on my minimalist 6S case 'almost' gets in the way of the 3D Touch App Switcher function (when it was there), but I would prefer there to be no lip - just sliding in from a flat edge of the phone would be better for me.

This is why I'd love a case with no lip on the sides/bottom, but with lips on the corners only. That way any future implemented edge gestures on the X won't be hindered by a lip. (The top isn't so bad because the swipe down gesture doesn't start at the top edge but from the 'ears' on either side of the notch).

Definitely worried about having a bottom lip too. It’s almkst like Apple knew the open bottom cases would be needed in the future. ;)
[doublepost=1509501171][/doublepost]
Got my Apple leather case today. Here, next to my 7 plus one.

48713fc150d57c007816fc0c4217376b.jpg

Very nice! I remember how soft and grippy the leather becomes over time. And how it doesn’t attract dust or dirt and how it still goes in and out of a pocket easily and how nice the metal buttons are. Why am I even looking at other cases?
[doublepost=1509501870][/doublepost]
I really like the look of the TwelveSouth relaxed leather cases! I was leaning towards the Apple leather but the saddle brown seems slightly off for me (out of the box). I may have to go with the TwelveSouth cognac. Hopefully they're ship times are fast.

Thanks for introducing me to these! Added to my list. The advantage of the Apple leather is the metal buttons though. And a store to run back to if I ever have any issues with the case.
[doublepost=1509502028][/doublepost]
I'm having a nervous breakdown with the new multitasking gestures. I hate the open bottom but I have to concede the lip on my preferred case might drive me nuts. Is it worth sacrificing protection for gesture/finger freedom?

(Double problem: I'm an old man who sort of runs/jogs/rambles and every Apple Leather case I've tried has been to slippery. Some guy on YT claimed coconut oil on the leather gives it a nice grip but...)

They are definitely slippery at first. Takes some breaking in until the leather softens up and gets more grippy.

Last edited:

tsturbo

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2008
[doublepost=1509503085][/doublepost]
If this case didn't get dirty so quickly it would be my go to case.
Washing your hands more often would help, also applying a quality leather cleaner and then conditioning it once in a while will help a lot. You do this with you cars leather seats, right? Why not clean and condition your leather case?

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
i bought a spigen clear case with a little stand, but now i realize that was a waste. i have apple care, i really have no need for it.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Just thought I'd say, after seeing a few reviews showing how to swipe down from the Home Bar to enable Reachability mode, that if you use this feature, you definitely don't want a case lip on the lower edge as it'll get in the way of the swipe down gesture.

You may be able to get away with the swipe up gesture, but swiping down looks likely to be hindered by a case lip.

See 1:51 here...

Reactions: Leica Dad

jokerz126

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
Orange/ Black Element comes soon!
Stocked got this as a gift Comes 11/7

View attachment 729782

Below is the Caseology Paralax Case loved my IPhone 7+ Paralax

View attachment 729783

Hi! Are the sides on Caseology Parallax grippy or smooth carbon-fiber stuff?
[doublepost=1509517322][/doublepost]

ALSO,
I’ve been a dedicated Thule case fan for the last few years but I emailed them and they are saying they won’t to make a case for the iPhone X... this sucks. One thing I really liked about their case was the grippy rubbery sides where you hold the phone to prevent you from ever having it slip out of your fingers... what would be a good alternative that would accomplish this?

Last edited:

AppleDior31

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
I will update in a day or so with what I have on hand and thoughts as more cases deliver. Right now all I have is Spigen Thin Fit, Apple Silicone, Apple Leather Case, and Otterbox Symmetry. Ill post some photos as well.

Come on over haha!

I wish I had the time for YouTube but will try and post some pics and thoughts here haha

I would like to hope not haha

BestBuy has buy 3 iPhone X Accessories and get 25% off right now... (telling my secrets lol) Includes charging pads and Apple OEM cases as well. On through Nov 4.

View attachment 729690
Thank you for this! I ordered three Apple leather cases (red, taupe and the fuschia)...

Reactions: gatorknight904

Prints Tron

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Bakersfield, CA
Please post pics when you can. I've really been eyeing this case lately since TwelveSouth hasn't announced anything for the X yet

I will post pics when it comes, but I'll probably be seeing it back. I contacted them today and it is not supposed to be compatible with the wireless charging. There is a new version coming out in about 2-3 weeks.

NerdsLTD

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2011
I’m hoping they do a Mophie Juice Pack Air for the X I love mine on my 8+ And it’s QI
[doublepost=1508901168][/doublepost]Thanks guys I ordered the Caudabe Synthesis case until a battery case is released. Your feedback was vital:)
I'm in exactly the same boat! Let me know when you find a battery case that's legitamate.

Reactions: Zaned303

scapegoat81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2012
Philly
I got the Speck - Presidio ULTRA Case for Apple iPhone X - Terracotta/asphalt/field
Pretty cool case, you can remove this bumper when not worried about a big drop, but then add this bumper for 15' drop protection. It's like two cases in one. Trying something diffrent this iPhone, I always used to get the OtterBox Defender.

Looks interesting. How is the bulk on this case ?

malevolant

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Boston, MA

View attachment 729790 View attachment 729791 View attachment 729792 View attachment 729793

Someone else with my favorite case! I've used the same case (ie Spigen thin fit) for 5 years on various iPhonese and its the one I have waiting at home for my new X.

mrl72

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2008
Has anyone seen a silicone white case that's the equivalent of Apple's own silicone case? I don't want to spend $40 on a silicone case when I'm sure there's something just as good for $10. That and they're out of stock.

malevolant

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Boston, MA
Has anyone seen a silicone white case that's the equivalent of Apple's own silicone case? I don't want to spend $40 on a silicone case when I'm sure there's something just as good for $10. That and they're out of stock.

The problem with buying the $10 silicone cases is that they normally have a ton of poor quality and potentially harmful fillers.

ravinder08

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2010
Excellent, I went from 98% to 100% and actually ordered it yesterday! Tech Armor was OOS, and I wasn't sure how long a direct order would take, so after a little research, I wound up ordering amFilm product from TechMatte (that seemed to be the exact same type of screen protector).

:cool:
Have you checked out the Olixar glass screen protectors? Some good reviews on them I’ve just ordered it from amazon you get 2 for £19.00

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.