Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Cases

• Total voters

SF-RR7

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2010
Softgrip case for the iPhone X is now available: https://www.grfxp.com/products/softgrip-sandstone-textured-case-for-iphone-x

iphone_x_softgrip_sandstone_quicksand_grip_rubber_thin_ulta_thin_snap_on_case_black_anti_slip_iphone_case_skin_grfxp_grafixpressions_530x.jpg
Had one of your cases before and liked very much but hoping for a light grey or silver color for my iPhone X.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Anyone try out the Moshi Vitros yet?

Been on the hunt for something that protects from drops and blends with look of the silver iPhone by having a silver edge and a slight front lip. Only 1 review on Amazon with on-phone pics. Currently have the silver TOZO which looks great but I have zero confidence in it's ability to protect from drops and it's definitely slippery.

Has anyone noticed that a charger that is circular in shape ( like Mophie) leaves a ring in print on the back of a clear TPU case like this one. It's subtle but visible when light reflects off of it?

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Decided to try a folio case as I don't like screen protectors but want something to protect the front when in my handbag.

Narrowed my choices down to the Otterbox Strada, UAG Metropolis, Tech21 Evo Wallet or Moshi StealthCover. After much deliberation, I went for the UAG. I'll probably give the others a go in a few months when prices come down.

I LOVE the texture on this! I can see why they call it frogskin. It feels grippy but frictionless and is soft like silicone.

The volume covers are rocker-style, so it's very easy to know if you're pressing up or down without looking. There's a generous lip around the screen and camera lens. The frame looks extremely solid with the exception of the button cover areas which are quite soft. There is a large cut-out for the mute switch, but it's fairly deeply recessed so it's not exposed. Despite clearly being a very protective case, it's not particularly bulky, even for my small female hands.

The front cover seems pretty rigid. When latched closed, it doesn't move about at all. I won't be storing any cards in it, but it doesn't really hold more than one comfortably anyway. When the phone is being used, it does sort of dangle - I don't mind this, but some could find it annoying. It does wrap behind the phone and you can tuck the magnetic clasp under so it holds itself in position, however this feels a lot more bulky than just letting it hang out of the way.

I like that UAG have eased off on the branding on the rear of the case. Previous versions had the logo stamped loudly across the centre, now it's at the bottom in black.

Only real negative is that the button covers are mushy as heck. I can live with this, but it's a shame they didn't do a better job here. There is no stand functionality with this case - not an issue for me, but needs to be pointed out.

A few photos attached as usual. :) This will probably the last case I'll buy for a while, but I'll definitely be trying some others over the next few months.

Do you have a link?

judethat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007

Attachments

• 43330AA6-8B3E-4D68-B0A1-EA15BE065498.jpeg
    43330AA6-8B3E-4D68-B0A1-EA15BE065498.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 347
  • 1201864B-BD3D-4C53-8F95-FDE5925B88C6.jpeg
    1201864B-BD3D-4C53-8F95-FDE5925B88C6.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 390
  • 63921778-F498-4354-BDD8-DDB2651196A4.jpeg
    63921778-F498-4354-BDD8-DDB2651196A4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 389

drbrydges

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2016
New York
Just got the Caudabe Sheath in Navy today. It's a nice, understated case which feels solid and secure in the hand. Cutouts for lightning port, speakers and mute switch are precise. Covers for the power and volume buttons are firm and tactile.

The case is a good thickness - not bulky and not too thin with absolutely no flex when installed. The area around the lightning port is reinforced with a little extra thickness. The texture is a very fine matte, grain material which makes it comfortable to grip but doesn't affect the ability to slide in/out of pockets. The carbon fibre accent beside the camera is glossy and smooth and offers a nice pop of style on an otherwise plain case. Branding on the side and at the bottom of the rear is small and discrete.

There is a raised lip around the front to protect the screen. This does not impede performing gestures, but does feel a little bit sharp when moving a finger across as there is a seam here. There was a slight touch of wear along the top edge straight out of the box, so I suspect this may be the first part to suffer from wear and tear.

The camera is protected with a fractionally higher lip than elsewhere - this is so minimal it won't result in rocking when laid flat but still means the lens will not come into contact with the surface.

Some of my close-up pics looks purple, but I can assure you the blue on the full case shots are truer to colour. In low light, it actually looks black! :D I've also got a red one on the way which should arrive next week.

This is my second Caudabe case (first being a Lucid Clear) and I'm very happy with it. I think I'll be going back for a Synthesis soon! :D

*IMMEDIATELY BUYS*

THANK YOU! This is perfect for me!

Reactions: Bexx

Cuesca

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
I thought the Spigen Ultra Hybrid would be my 1 iPhone case to last me through out the life of the X. Sadly the TPU portion started sticking to the sides which IMHO looks ugly, causing me to switch. Now I am trying the Patchworks Flexguard. Unlike the Spigen which I felt has a very tight fit the Patchworks felt almost loose to the point that I don't have any confidence that the phone wouldn't come loose from the case when dropped or even picked up. Anyone else feel like this? Anyone who owns one as well please chime in. In the meantime, I guess my search for the perfect case continues.

BTW here's a pic of the Patchworks Flexguard on a Silver X.

DSC_0001 (1).jpg

DSC_0002 (1).jpg

Reactions: bojack

Turtle69Turtle

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2016
Anyone else having issues with the volume rocker working for the otterbox pursuit case to work on their iPhone X ? Just got the phone today and the switch doesn’t work while it’s in the case , works fine while it’s not in it. Already took it out and reinstalled about 10 times already

jlczl

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
Nice I have that Element case with the carbon fiber square but black and orange.. your going to love it! It’s my favorite case of the 3 I have but it was expensive.. but so worth every penny .. let me know what you think
[doublepost=1510791411][/doublepost]

I have the formula orange and black it’s awesome!

Haha, guess you haven’t seen the competition video I posted cuz I was not at all impressed with the Roll Cage by Element. Their quality has declined dramatically IMO.

OmegaWave

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2017
Raleigh-NC-USA
I thought everyone might like to see some pics of the Sena Corsa II Racing Stripe leather snap on case in blue/black that I ordered a few days ago.

https://www.senacases.com/products/...-8-7-plus?variant=51844746884&d=1&cache=false

I really like the feel of it. It has more grip than the Apple leather cases. I like the feel of the metal buttons as well, but I think they stick out just a little bit too much but I think I can live with that. What I'm not sure I can live with is the rather large opening around the camera. I'm afraid dirt/dust is going to find its way inside the case through that gap.

Attachments

• SenaCase1.jpg
    SenaCase1.jpg
    916.4 KB · Views: 374
  • SenaCase2.jpg
    SenaCase2.jpg
    898.3 KB · Views: 346
  • SenaCase3.jpg
    SenaCase3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 376
  • SenaCase4.jpg
    SenaCase4.jpg
    838.1 KB · Views: 343
  • SenaCase5.jpg
    SenaCase5.jpg
    858.5 KB · Views: 348
  • SenaCase6.jpg
    SenaCase6.jpg
    831.9 KB · Views: 381
  • SenaCase7.jpg
    SenaCase7.jpg
    843.2 KB · Views: 352
  • SenaCase8.jpg
    SenaCase8.jpg
    1,019.9 KB · Views: 347
  • SenaCase9.jpg
    SenaCase9.jpg
    850 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
Reactions: Hooterville

jlczl

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
I thought everyone might like to see some pics of the Sena Corsa II Racing Stripe leather snap on case in blue/black that I ordered a few days ago.

https://www.senacases.com/products/...-8-7-plus?variant=51844746884&d=1&cache=false

I really like the feel of it. It has more grip than the Apple leather cases. I like the feel of the metal buttons as well, but I think they stick out just a little bit too much but I think I can live with that. What I'm not sure I can live with is the rather large opening around the camera. I'm afraid dirt/dust is going to find its way inside the case through that gap.

That looks great! Looks like they want to go after the Vaja Grip with that design. You posted a bunch of good pics but I was wondering if you could post one with the phone in the case that shows how much of a raised edge there is on the case especially around the bottom corners.

Ahboyd

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
I thought the Spigen Ultra Hybrid would be my 1 iPhone case to last me through out the life of the X. Sadly the TPU portion started sticking to the sides which IMHO looks ugly, causing me to switch. Now I am trying the Patchworks Flexguard. Unlike the Spigen which I felt has a very tight fit the Patchworks felt almost loose to the point that I don't have any confidence that the phone wouldn't come loose from the case when dropped or even picked up. Anyone else feel like this? Anyone who owns one as well please chime in. In the meantime, I guess my search for the perfect case continues.

View attachment 736299

View attachment 736300
But the keyboard though!
[doublepost=1510917453][/doublepost]
Here's mine, and proud of it. ;)
(Just an Apple leather case, Taupe color.)

Nice! Debating between Taupe and Cosmo Blue. Wondering how Taupe will get it’s patina. Would be nice if you could share it’s patina in a few weeks time.

macrumordude

Suspended
Apr 6, 2014
Huntington Beach, CA
But the keyboard though!
[doublepost=1510917453][/doublepost]

Nice! Debating between Taupe and Cosmo Blue. Wondering how Taupe will get it’s patina. Would be nice if you could share it’s patina in a few weeks time.

Okay, it will. It has been about 2 weeks already, but the leather is still fresh and feels as if was when I first got it. I will post pictures when it begins patina.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009

View attachment 736299

View attachment 736300

I got the same case before my iPhone X came when it was on sale for $2.99 shipped. I wanted something bulky to protect when i go golf (use my iPhone for GPS yardage and would have it on the cart seat & would sometimes fall out of the cart while driving if i forget). i felt the same about the case. it's a good case for the price i got it but felt loose. I ultimately wanted a leather case in which i got the saddle brown apple leather case but this one is strictly golf use. dirt and lint would easily get inside this case. not ideal for everyday use IMO.

Cuesca

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
I got the same case before my iPhone X came when it was on sale for $2.99 shipped. I wanted something bulky to protect when i go golf (use my iPhone for GPS yardage and would have it on the cart seat & would sometimes fall out of the cart while driving if i forget). i felt the same about the case. it's a good case for the price i got it but felt loose. I ultimately wanted a leather case in which i got the saddle brown apple leather case but this one is strictly golf use. dirt and lint would easily get inside this case. not ideal for everyday use IMO.
I am looking at the Lifeproof slam to be my next case. Just waiting for any potential BFFriday sale.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.