Breaking news iPod touch 6 confirmed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LucasLand, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Or maybe nothing this fall :D.

2. MacDarcy macrumors 65816

Possibly. But if so, it'd have to be updated by next September when ios9 comes out. Cause the current iPod touch won't be able to run it. And by then it'd be three years without an update. I still think they'll be updated along with the iPads this Thursday. If not, then probably sometime early 2015. Otherwise Apple will have to come out with a teaser poster next year that reads, "Its been an OBSCENELY long time..."

3. shoes222 macrumors member

The iPhone 5C hasn't halted production. They're still producing 8GB models.

4. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

Yep, but i bet they don't produce as much since keeping the device just for customer to have choice with the lower capacity and not-so-much lower price. They should still have plenty of raw materials left, no?

5. RightMACatU macrumors 65816

RightMACatU

Too late... Got my iPhad 6+ (iPhone/iPad/iPod) that will do the job for me :D

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Unless it comes in a 256GB flavor, I'm good.

Plus I love my Sony ZX1.

7. M3wThr33 macrumors newbie

M3wThr33

8. iDivergent macrumors newbie

9. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

10. headsh0t95 macrumors regular

11. iDivergent macrumors newbie

I bet on July 2015

12. akm3 macrumors 68020

I think the iPad mini IS the new iPod Touch in Apple's eyes. It's too bad.

13. DFZD macrumors 6502

They simple want us to buy that joke of a device 5c. They won't release the new Touch until they sell out the 5c.

14. iDivergent macrumors newbie

I was considering buying a new iPod touch 6 but all my hopes are gone.
    The iPad mini will never replace the functionality of the iPod.
    I'll go for the iPad Air 2 now it looks so impressive!

----------

It's plastic, i don't buy trash ;)

15. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

With IOS 9 coming out in the fall of 2015, the Touch 6 would have to be released in early spring (6 months before IOS 9 is released).

It's very foolish to buy any product that doesn't have at least an A7 in it. The 5C will work poorly with IOS 9 if it works at all.

16. DFZD macrumors 6502

It's also foolish to buy an iPhone 6 and use it as an iPod. What device do you suggest as a best buy for micro tablet use?

17. headsh0t95 macrumors regular

Motorola Moto G 2014 for $200 + 64 GB MicroSD for $ 35-40. Gives you Android Kitkat + Android 5 Lollipop update and 64 gigs of storage for less than $250

18. DFZD macrumors 6502

It still doesn't give you iOS though, besides that Motorola devices are hideous.

19. headsh0t95 macrumors regular

Second hand iPhone 5

20. DFZD macrumors 6502

You can probably get a 5c now at a much cheaper price. For some reason nobody wants them, even :apple:.

21. Homme macrumors regular

Homme

Kdramastars is bull.... same as Hallels and Christian Post and a couple of other nonsense sites who are rushing this "news" just for clicks to their sites

yeah im thinking May or June 2015... around that time in 2013.. the 16GB iPod Touch 5G replaced the 4G.., then around the same timeframe in 2014 the 16GB had a tiny refresh...

22. iDivergent macrumors newbie

Barf, me and i bet on thousands of people are done with Android or just feeling connected and safe/home with iOS.
    And since pure Android that's motorola is serving to their customers is having nothing similair to iOS, everything is mostly undesigned.

----------

Also thinking that, i saw somewhere that it would be released in the third quarter, but now i think all sites with no proper confirms are non-sense.

23. itjw macrumors 65816

It's dead guys.

I'm dissapointed too, but read the writing on the wall. Not only have there been NO leaks, there has been no hint of anything iPod related since they made the cheaper version available and dropped prices.

It's time to accept the fact that the touch is the new classic and move on.

2 years from now it will silently be banished from the website and that will be the official end.

Today was the last day to have hope. This USED to be iPod time.

The iPad is the new iPod, and the mini is the new touch.

I tried explaining to my wife why we can't give the kids a mini yet (they're 4 and 2... and while my 4 year old would be ok, the 2 year old still likes to smash things too much). With the touch, inertia allowed it to survive being tossed around a bit (because it's so light and small, and in a Griffin Survivor case). The mini would last a few months with my son, and a few hours with my daughter.

His touch, on the other hand, has made it well over a year.

A sad day indeed, but it was expected. Guess she'll have to live with a 5th Gen until she can be trusted with a mini :(

24. iDivergent macrumors newbie

Soo sadd

25. DarkGoddess macrumors newbie

So disappointed too. And a little angry. I want something small enough to put in my pocket so I can listen to my audiobooks while working. The mini is too big for that and there is no frigging way I'll buy a iPhone. I guess I and people like me will be left out.

Are there any non apple gadgets that can handle the audiobook format (want this becasue of bookmarking) and small enough to fit in my pocket.

----------