Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Have they fixed Alt-Tab on iPad Pro keyboard yet? If you press it quickly to switch apps a couple times, it flips out and slides down about 8 apps at a time.

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
That seems logical to me. If you are restricting access to iTunes, why would you want the user to be able to muck around with the settings for iTunes?

maybe i want to sign in to my another apple id? and app store sometimes crashes when i do that, the best way to do it on itunes / app store settings. that's why i need that opt.

Sharkey311

Suspended
Jan 11, 2013
I somehow accidentally disabled predictive text in iMessages and any attempt to re-enable it proves ineffective :( :( :(

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
Yeah, I wouldn't expect beta 5 to be released this week. It'll most likely be early next week.
I would hope they would have a beta where they 'fix' the 'need watch beta' for 3rd party notifications. I'd call that a bug since it wasn't in the release notes (such as they are) and with a public beta, lots of people are loading this part without upgrading the AW software (which needs Dev software.

Reactions: ZEEN0j

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
I would hope they would have a beta where they 'fix' the 'need watch beta' for 3rd party notifications. I'd call that a bug since it wasn't in the release notes (such as they are) and with a public beta, lots of people are loading this part without upgrading the AW software (which needs Dev software.

Yep. Best to read the forums before updating. Saved me. Not saying is doesn't need to get fixed asap.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 195

rmadera

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
That'll probably be fixed with beta 5. It's not a bug that needs an urgent fix by any means, in my opinion. I think people know they're using unfinished software when they sign up to test a beta.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
That'll probably be fixed with beta 5. It's not a bug that needs an urgent fix by any means, in my opinion. I think people know they're using unfinished software when they sign up to test a beta.

People know they're using unfinished software but act like it is official release they get every two weeks and Apple owes them when there is a bug found in a beta.

Reactions: rmadera

stooovie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
I don't have the issues on the list. I get push notifications, Siri works on Wifi and predictions can be toggled at will in iMessages.

WinterWolf90

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2014
Is the bug where you transfer updates apps from iTunes to your iPad or iPhone, but it still shows them needing updates corrected?

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
Also, stuttering scrolling in some apps like Tapatalk is now completely gone.

I thought there was nothing Apple could do for third party apps. I thought we had to wait for the developers to update all of their apps. It's impossible that it was Apple's code that caused the stuttering.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I thought there was nothing Apple could do for third party apps. I thought we had to wait for the developers to update all of their apps. It's impossible that it was Apple's code that caused the stuttering.

No one said it was impossible. It was only said it WAS possible that it could be something fixed via the app updating. Because not everyone jumps to immediate negative conclusions and actually think things out a bit.

Just like the case for Chrome. Chrome released a new version and it was "fixed". Proving it's was possible.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
No one said it was impossible. It was only said it WAS possible that it could be something fixed via the app updating. Because not everyone jumps to immediate negative conclusions and actually think things out a bit.

Just like the case for Chrome. Chrome released a new version and it was "fixed". Proving it's was possible.

They probably just came up with a workaround because of Apple's sloppy code. Who knows if 9.3 would have fixed chrome as well.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
They probably just came up with a workaround because of Apple's sloppy code. Who knows if 9.3 would have fixed chrome as well.
If they made it work fine still with Apple's
code (since anything in iOS still would run on Apple's code) then it sounds like Apple provides code that works just fine then, right?

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
If they made it work fine still with Apple's
code (since anything in iOS still would run on Apple's code) then it sounds like Apple provides code that works just fine then, right?

We don't know what they did to make it work, but if some third party apps are getting better during iOS updates, then perhaps it's not always the developers fault that their app stutters.

Also, it is possible and advisable to report issues with third party apps to Apple via the beta feedback app.

I noticed that one of my favorite games "zigzag" stutters in iOS 9.3 and it was perfectly smooth prior to 9.3, so I reported it as a 9.3 but even though it's not Apple's app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.