Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bintangsbgj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2017
Indonesia
Recently I've dropped my iPhone 7 and I noticed the bottom right area got warm when in use, so I contacted Apple support via chat and they offered me to take diagnostic test of my phone. Everything seems to work just fine (besides the warmness), but after they took the diagnostic test, it shows that my "bluetooth sensor" is having problems. My initial thought was the speaker got problems (because it sits in the area that got warm). So I tested out my bluetooth several times and it works perfectly fine. They told me to bring to my local service provider (as there are no Apple stores in my country), but I don't want to mess up with my device especially the warranty. Has anyone experienced this? The diagnostic test seems to give new problem to my iPhone....

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Recently I've dropped my iPhone 7 and I noticed the bottom right area got warm when in use, so I contacted Apple support via chat and they offered me to take diagnostic test of my phone. Everything seems to work just fine (besides the warmness), but after they took the diagnostic test, it shows that my "bluetooth sensor" is having problems. My initial thought was the speaker got problems (because it sits in the area that got warm). So I tested out my bluetooth several times and it works perfectly fine. They told me to bring to my local service provider (as there are no Apple stores in my country), but I don't want to mess up with my device especially the warranty. Has anyone experienced this? The diagnostic test seems to give new problem to my iPhone....
Sounds like if there are no Apple Stores where you are then the warranty should still apply to some authorized repair shop or retailer, like your service provider perhaps, as Apple suggested.

bintangsbgj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2017
Indonesia
Sounds like if there are no Apple Stores where you are then the warranty should still apply to some authorized repair shop or retailer, like your service provider perhaps, as Apple suggested.
My point is, does the diagnostic test given from Apple support online can be a misdiagnosis, if that for some reason my phone is doing just alright? Like for example the test says that my bluetooth sensor has a problem but in fact it works just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.