Is safe Bootcamp (Windows 10) on the 2016 MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by LogicallyHank, Dec 21, 2016.

1. LogicallyHank macrumors newbie

LogicallyHank

I'm concerned about the reports regarding Windows blowing out the speakers of new MacBook Pros. However, I noticed in an update that Apple claims to have resolved this. Has this issue truly been resolved?

2. aevan macrumors 65816

aevan

Officialy - they are resolved. Apple claims the issue has been fixed. However, I'm still scared to install Bootcamp and will probably wait a few months before I even consider it. But that's just me being paranoid, it should be fine now.

3. Jaekae macrumors 6502

it was solved 23rd november, i got mine 28th and had bootcamp on it with no problems for some weeks, but my macos never worked good. Had to do clean reinstalls of sierra 5 times and now it finally seem to work like it should. But still afraid get more crazy graphic bugs

4. uzairahmed101 macrumors newbie

I have my ssd ready for windows 10 bootcamp but just afraid if it will damage the speakers or some other thing...i know apple has made the official statement released the drivers and so on but still paranoid

5. aevan macrumors 65816

aevan

Same.

With that said, it does seem that people are using bootcamp without issues now.

6. uzairahmed101 macrumors newbie

I am thinking about jumping the gun...maybe tomorrow i will attempt to run it on bootcamp and update if the issues are resolved

7. aevan macrumors 65816

aevan

Should be fine, but it's understandable to be hesitant. If you do try it, I'm looking forward to reading your (hopefully positive) experiences.

8. uzairahmed101 macrumors newbie

Hay there just wanted to update...I installed bootcamp last night and it worked fine i just took some precautions like plugging in the headphones from the very beginning untill i made sure the latest audio drivers were installed etc and so far so good

9. twgolf Suspended

10. uzairahmed101 macrumors newbie

11. Crowdx44 macrumors member

So I am also thinking about running bootcamp off an SSD in a static setup, only using OSX when travelling. Is anyone else doing this? My other option would be to return my 500gb Macbook and get a replacement with a 1tb SSD and split that between the two OS.
    Thoughts?

12. uzairahmed101 macrumors newbie

I am running bootcamp off the ssd and it works really well...in my experience T3 has been good enough

13. an3s macrumors newbie

Anybody who knows of a good tutorial to install bootcamp on an external ssd?

14. Crowdx44 macrumors member

Here is a good tutorial, it is what I used to boot my new Mac from an SSD, it is a pretty simple process :)

15. uzairahmed101 macrumors newbie

@an3s @crowdz44 i agree the lon.tv guide is simple and works great I followed the same guide to the letter and it worked like a charm...however just to be a little cautious do plug in the earphones while you're installing bootcamp for the first time till the drivers are installed and all.

16. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502