Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roar08

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2008
Laurene should sue them, there are probably a number of ways she could get them to stop on perpetual legal claims they could not afford

This. BK them with domestic and international legal defense fees. She doesn't even have to be right, just willing to outspend.

Reactions: eastmanweb

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
You gotta be a special kind of .... errrrmmm.... "people" to wear someone else name on their cloth.

And no I never bought Calvin Klein underpants, cos you never know when a nutty professor might drag you back to 1955 in his DeLorean......

Isn't that the norm for fashion anyways? It's almost always someone's name - Blahnik, Chanel, Kors, Zegna, Ferragamo?

Reactions: Starship67

frenchcamp49er

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
Maybe the Apple/Steve Jobs fan base should boycott this company! Using the mans name without permission from is family is as low as one could get.

Brooklynscholar

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
Brooklyn New York
Eh, I usually side with the little guys in a dispute against a giant like Apple, but I think in this case, this is a clear and cut ripoff of the customer, who will unmistakably associate this brand with Apple itself. If they need the "Steve Jobs" name and the clear ripoff of an Apple logo to sell their merchandise, it must not be all that great.
Well said, and who would buy a crap rip off like that anyway.

Reactions: frenchcamp49er

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Why would they need US protection?
Personally I'm giggling over the entire episode. Apple has a lawfirm(s) full of people who handle this stuff and these dudes manage to pull a fast one.

No U.S. protection, no world brand. These guys were trying to be trademark trolls and make a fast buck by selling the name. But without a U.S. trademark the brand's value, if anything, is that much less. Truth is even with a U.S. trademark it wouldn't ever have been worth anything because it unseemly, but now it's all but guaranteed never to enter the U.S. market.

frenchcamp49er

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
HAHA like Apple's NEVER done that before......

James

I do not believe Apple or Steve Jobs has used someones name without permission, these scumbags are only looking for a quick buck. Apple should just buy them out, probably won't take much, I say unleash the thongs of Steve Jobs fans on them!

UL2RA

Suspended
May 7, 2017
I’ll tell you what’s even funnier than this article. All the internet lawyers sharing their years of internet experience in regards to a legal matter. That’s gold
You don't need to be a seasoned lawyer to see what's wrong here. And Italian law is clearly not American law. Nice attempt at humor, though.

PG(Austin)

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2004
Austin, TX
1)Who in their right mind would want a Tech Guru for their company name, especially when his family and company he ran doesn't want them to have it? 2)Who would buy clothes from these bozos? The people who would buy them because of Steve Jobs won't, the people who hated Jobs won't and people in the middle who don't know who he is or have no reason to could care less what the name is.

It's just a bizarre fight.

mangonights

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2013
Well, it’s Italy after all. Apple can have them rubbed out *cough* if ya know what’am’sayin. Fogedabou’id.

And don’ fogget the cannolis eyy.

Reactions: George Dawes

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Eh, I usually side with the little guys in a dispute against a giant like Apple, but I think in this case, this is a clear and cut ripoff of the customer, who will unmistakably associate this brand with Apple itself. If they need the "Steve Jobs" name and the clear ripoff of an Apple logo to sell their merchandise, it must not be all that great.

Like Apple did when they ripped off Apple Records by using an apple logo?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.