Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Great that it boots. The WiFi/audio not working is because the patches haven’t been applied. Once dosdude1 can update the patcher with the kernel panic fix then then he will also be able to add support for patching these older systems to fix other issues. This will all be added relatively soon I hope.

Apple removed Atheros 9380 AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x3112) from 10.14, but the older BCM94322MC still works.

Edit: Atheros 9380 AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x3112)

Last edited:

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Is there anything else that doesn’t work? You might need to copy graphics KEXTS as well as the ones for WiFi and audio.
I have full acceleration with Nvidia native driver, eVGA GTX680 for Mac. Only Atheros 9380 AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x3112) and audio did not work.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2018
I installed Mojave DP3 on an external drive using a supported Mac. I copied the UserEventPlugins KEXTS from High Sierra and tried to boot on unsupported Mac but I booted to the prohibitory sign.

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
I installed Mojave DP3 on an external drive using a supported Mac. I copied the UserEventPlugins KEXTS from High Sierra and tried to boot on unsupported Mac but I booted to the prohibitory sign.

board-id, copy PlatformSupport.plist from ElCapitan.

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Ok.
[doublepost=1531044092][/doublepost]@tsialex How far back do you think we can bring support? Do you we could get this running on like a 2007 MacBook or another really old device?

The earliest? MacBook early 2009 (MacBook5,2), maybe. You need a "supported" GPU and SSE4.1.

Larsvonhier

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2016
Germany, Black Forest
Ok.
[doublepost=1531044092][/doublepost]@tsialex How far back do you think we can bring support? Do you we could get this running on like a 2007 MacBook or another really old device?
This will go back as far as SSE4.1 is present, so from C2D Penryn based machines on. 2007 seems out of scope, unless you replace an old C2D with a penryn processor by soldering. Only candidate would be iMac due to socketed C2D...

Reactions: ASentientBot

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2018
@tsialex I replaced PlatformSupport.plist with the version from High Sierra since my computer supports it. But still got to the prohibitory sign. I then tried patching it with the patcher using a supported Mac because mine cannot use the patcher but still boots to the prohibitory sign.

Larsvonhier

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2016
Germany, Black Forest
@tsialex I replaced PlatformSupport.plist with the version from High Sierra since my computer supports it. But still got to the prohibitory sign. I then tried patching it with the patcher using a supported Mac because mine cannot use the patcher but still boots to the prohibitory sign.
Have you checked that all file attributes are set to root-wheel after copying?

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016

What's your Mac?

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Two things:

1) correct no_compat_check to -no_compat_check
2) Replace PlatformSupport.plist on the PreBoot volume too, your Mac supports APFS natively.

Remove the photo, you have iCloud info/credentials there

Edit: Replace/volume

Last edited:

jackluke

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2018
Just got to the setup assistant in Mojave on MacBook7,1 by replacing /S*/L*/UserEventPlugins from High Sierra!!!!!

Edit: And the desktop!! It's working, guys. Someone with a MacPro3,1 should give this a try!

Edit: I'm sending this message from Safari on Mojave on my MacBook7,1. No QE/CI of course, can't change the brightness, sleep does not seem to work, nor does sound. I'll be trying out some kext patching and further testing to figure out which UserEventPlugin is the culprit (there are 50-odd), but to @dosdude1 and others, hello from the first 2010 MB to ever not KP in Mojave :D

Hi, I do have same Macbook7,1 with Mojave Beta 2 installed on an external ssd, I have done many attempts with LZVN decompiling and so on, thanks for your discovery of UserEventPlugins, using your suggested kexts finally on verbose I can boot to single user mode and see the lines I needed:

"HID: Legacy Shim 2"

In verbose mode I see all lines went fine, until I can see the stage2 Apple logo, but after it, leds to a black screen, I mean the internal LCD is completely turned off, but I see and detect through router that under macOS Mojave is running fine.

I have tried to use all the legacy Nvidia Tesla kext, also those in recovery partition, cause when I restore a Mojave basesystem.dmg to a drive it boots correctly till to the GUI.

I have correctly chown/chmod any S/L/E and given in single user mode the command:

"kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel"

All the needed kexts are allowed and Kextcache ID generated without issues.

But I boot to a black turned off LCD even if Mojave is running.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.

EDIT:

I have fixed it in this way:

- Taking a backup of Mojave's UserEventPlugins, then copied the entire UserEventPlugins folder from High Sierra to Mojave /S/L/ path;
- From the backed up Mojave UserEventPlugins copied into the High Sierra's replaced folder the first 20 plugins in alphabetical order.

Now it boots fine to GUI with few glitches.

Last edited:
Reactions: ASentientBot

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2018
Two things:

1) correct no_compat_check to -no_compat_check
2) add PlatformSupport.plist to the PreBoot partition too, your Mac supports APFS natively.

Remove the photo, you have iCloud info/credentials there

I do?

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Ok I understood half of that.
Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 07.55.10.png
Mount it rw and replace PlatformSupport.plist there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.