Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
True, but some people feel more comfortable through anonymity. By coming here he can seek advice from many individuals and do it in confidence too. Its only a 'tech site' but alot of people here are very knowledgeable and offer great advice. Yeah his problem isn't really a problem, but I guess at the end of the day he is a kid and it seems like a problem. If he actually has serious issues, then yes, see a doctor - but it sounds asif he's just lovestruck.

Also, this 'computer forum' has a community disucssion (amongst other similar ones) for a reason - people talk about more than computers here :)

That doesn't give an excuse for any of you to be advising an obviously disturbed child. He needs professional help, especially if he admits to self mutilation. If he is a harm to himself the situation is too serious for the internet to solve.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
It sounds weird, Part of the problem, is when I want to talk to her, their dog isn't friendly. he barks at me, and he has a very loud bark. He even sticks his nose in my groin. Her birthday wasn't that long ago. So I gave her $11. i don't know what she would want, so I gave her money instead. She writes a letter, and gives the $$ back. She says "I'm sorry but I can't accept your generous offer of money, but it was a nice though". It wasn't an OFFER in was a GIFT.

-ouimetnick

This is comic genius! If it is on purpose, kudos to you!

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
I'm sorry but you really do need to seek some mental help. You never even had a meaningful loving relationship with this girl you have put on some kind of pedestal. Your deep devastation I could see coming from someone who recently lost their girlfriend or wife to illness or accident. Your devastation should be with yourself for not having the sack to ask this girl out. She is in no way at fault. Sorry to be blunt but beating around the bush won't get you anywhere.

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
I'm sorry but you really do need to seek some mental help. You never even had a meaningful loving relationship with this girl you have put on some kind of pedestal. Your deep devastation I could see coming from someone who recently lost their girlfriend or wife to illness or accident. Your devastation should be with yourself for not having the sack to ask this girl out.She is in no way at fault. Sorry to be blunt but beating around the bush won't get you anywhere.

I'm not blaming her for anything. She has a boyfriend now. Several weeks ago, the school took a trip up to NYC. On a boat tour, and at a zoo, I saw her with her boyfriend with their arm around each other and stuff, so that ruined the trip. But hey if they want to go out, then they go out. Not their problem, its my issue, and I wish them the best. (I hear her BF haver has a relationship for over 2 weeks though)
So today on Monday, I went to see a phycologist with my mother and father, and they know the entire story, and are hopefully going to be able to help me. He prescribed me to some med, can't remember the name, but its an antidepressant. So it should help me relax and make the mental pain a bit less He said i need to get through over it rather that get over it. So next monday, I will go back to him to start tharophy.
So hopefully, I will get over this soon.

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
Just an update. I've been going to therapy, and stuff. Its getting a little better. I'm in High School now. Because of last name, her locker was next to mine, but the school then relocated her locker (she requested it) and it seems to be a good thing for both of us. I know this thread is old, but its just a quick update.

oilers15

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
So today on Monday, I went to see a phycologist with my mother and father, and they know the entire story, and are hopefully going to be able to help me. He prescribed me to some med, can't remember the name, but its an antidepressant.

Kid, go to a different psychologist, he seriously prescribed you anti-depressants ??? :eek: .
buddy your in highschool now, grow up a girl rejected you, your life is great, you get free food,shelter, education and your only worry is girls and a dog that loves your balls.

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
Kid, go to a different psychologist, he seriously prescribed you anti-depressants ??? :eek: .
buddy your in highschool now, grow up a girl rejected you, your life is great, you get free food,shelter, education and your only worry is girls and a dog that loves your balls.

The anti-depressants help... a lot. And her dog died. 14 years old. so no balls loving dog anymore.:(

Corndog5595

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
So today on Monday, I went to see a phycologist with my mother and father, and they know the entire story, and are hopefully going to be able to help me. He prescribed me to some med, can't remember the name, but its an antidepressant. So it should help me relax and make the mental pain a bit less He said i need to get through over it rather that get over it. So next monday, I will go back to him to start tharophy.
Seriously?

You have to accept that you will only be friends with this girl and stop caring so much.
I am 15 and am really good friends with this senior. I know all she wants to be is friends so IDGAF. It's just a girl dude, save your parents 300 bucks a week.

fernandovalente

macrumors 6502
I think I'm the only one who understands the guy who started this thread. It's pretty easy to say stuff like "It's just a girl", but I know it's not just a girl to the guy who created this thread.

This never happened to me, but I hear similar stuff very often when I have a problem. People say "It's just a problem", but to me it's not. And it seems like I'm one of the few people who knows exactly what an anti-depressant does.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
he barks at me, and he has a very loud bark.

I have a Server Depression Disorder.

I really want to hug her, and cry.

I don't have the confidence to do it.

Girls don't like wimps. You'll be sad a lot until you can actually man up. BTW, that's the dog dominating you. If you can't even dominate a dog, how can you even hope to conquer this girl ?

oilers15

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
I think I'm the only one who understands the guy who started this thread. It's pretty easy to say stuff like "It's just a girl", but I know it's not just a girl to the guy who created this thread.

This never happened to me, but I hear similar stuff very often when I have a problem. People say "It's just a problem", but to me it's not. And it seems like I'm one of the few people who knows exactly what an anti-depressant does.
The reason no one takes him seriously is because he is 14. He doesn't even understand whats love at his age. BTW I know what depression is, I was suffering from depression for around 2 years and you know how I got out of depression...a placebo pill.

fernandovalente

macrumors 6502
The reason no one takes him seriously is because he is 14. He doesn't even understand whats love at his age. BTW I know what depression is, I was suffering from depression for around 2 years and you know how I got out of depression...a placebo pill.

You're lucky! I was suffering from depression for 2 years and a half.

I understand he's 14, but I also understand he has feelings too and 14 YO guys generally don't know how to deal with their feelings very well. So the fact he's 14 YO makes me think he needs even more attention.

Well guys, this kind of attitude was very common in the 60s, today psychologists know a 14 YO guy has problems too. :(

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Hey kid,
Don't get too hung over it and don't let it ruin your grades. (I'm your age too btw)

Keep your grades up. This whole dilemma won't matter down the road, but your grades will. Don't let her screw your grades up.

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
I thought I would take a moment to revisit this thread from 5 years ago. Lots of things have changed. I was in 8th grade then. I graduated high school last year, and am working (no college at the moment) While life is different, one thing is still the same. It's depression. I'm terrible at managing it. Even with therapy, it's hard. I had a major breakdown last year requiring medical attention.

I don’t know where I’m goin’, I’m not sure where I am -John Denver

So yeah, just a mess is the easy way to describe things.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I thought I would take a moment to revisit this thread from 5 years ago. Lots of things have changed. I was in 8th grade then. I graduated high school last year, and am working (no college at the moment) While life is different, one thing is still the same. It's depression. I'm terrible at managing it. Even with therapy, it's hard. I had a major breakdown last year requiring medical attention.

It's easy for me to say as I don't suffer from depression, but it's good to understand this about yourself and continue with psychological and/or group therapy. Even though you feel these feelings are justified, if part of you can remember that these feelings may not be justified (based on the characteristics of depression) and maintain that perspective, you can talk it out with a friend or a psychologist to work through it.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009

Depression sucks, I know personally. The way I dealt with it, is to better myself for myself, before worrying about others. Everything else will come. I can't really speak about your depression, cause it's not the same for everyone.

Before I realized this thread was 5 years back, I was about to advise you to focus more on yourself and better yourself in everyday possible. From physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and etc. Females are more attracted to a self reliance attitude vs being miserable(which shows even if you fake happiness).

becneel

macrumors member
May 9, 2015
Depression happens to a lot of people, it is certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

I hope everything works out for you, and a healthy interest in Apple products would be a great hobby for you.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza

Take a moment and understand that life isn't all rose-colored. Life will never treat you great and nor should it. It is the ups and downs of life that will define you. All in all, do understand that what truly defines you most of the time are the 'down' moments in your life. It is these moments that offer the best chance of change and/or open mindness needed to get back up.

It is those down moments that grant you a foresight into a better future. Your depression, while lasting and terrible, can be the source of your greatest strength and change. Don't be embarrassed of it since not many have the courage to accept such things openly; much less try and do something about it like you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.