OS X El Capitan on Unsupported Macs

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by TMRJIJ, Jun 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. atvusr macrumors 6502

atvusr

Yeah - it tells that it's not a older, unsupported Mac and this is the wrong Thread for him .... :rolleyes:

Mac's supported by Yosemite and therefore also by El Capitan: http://www.apple.com/osx/how-to-upgrade/

2. techguy9 macrumors regular

techguy9

Probably ;)

3. techguy9 macrumors regular

techguy9

I will start to patch El Capitan right now on my iMac6,1 and will report back when I'm finished.

4. TMRJIJ thread starter macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

Okay, Cool.

5. TMRJIJ thread starter macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

Your Mac is cheating on you :cool: . . . and you're in the wrong thread

6. PeterHolbrook macrumors 6502a

That's obviously Photoshopped. According to the Gran Diccionario Oxford Español-Inglés Inglés Español (which is included in Yosemite), "cabrón" can mean several things, such as son of a b*tch, bastard, swine, cuckold, et cetera. I understand that it can also refer to a ram.

7. techguy9 macrumors regular

techguy9

Having the same issue as atvusr, my iMac 6,1 with 7300gt and EFI32 gets stuck at the welcome screen. It somehow disabled my wired mouse temporarily during early boot stages.

8. OGNerd macrumors member

OGNerd

This will get the current developer release installed, BUT -

"Apple engineers have confirmed that the nvram boot-args command option will not be in the shipping release of El Capitan, and may be removed from developer betas before the release."

9. atvusr macrumors 6502

atvusr

The boot-args command will probably removed from the release version - but there's a new 'Security Configuration' in the Utilities menu of the Installer. The checkbox 'Enforce System Integrity Protection' can be switched on/off, but it doesn't work properly at the moment. I think it's too early yet and we have to see how the whole Security-thing turns out ....

10. TMRJIJ thread starter macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

Downloading OS X El Capitan Developers Preview 2 right now. OSXE 1.3 Beta 2 will come tomorrow. This update will focus on EFI32 Based Macs.

11. atvusr, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015

atvusr macrumors 6502

atvusr

I've updated the OSX 10.11 DB1 to DB2 on a supported Mac via App-Store, changed both Boot.efi and tried to run this via USB-Thumdrive on a unsupported MBP2,2. Unfortunately it doesn't work properly. It boots, until two third of the progress bar, but then it stops with the 'No Entry' sign. While the transfer from a supported Mac to the MBP2,2 has always worked for OSX 10.10 Yosemite since the Public Beta, this method doesn't work at the moment neither for OSX 10.11 DB1 nor DB2.

Edit: It must have something to do with USB - if the transferred OSX 10.11 runs from a SSD, connected via eSATA (ExpressCard34) then it boots completely, but gets stuck on the Desktop, because the internal Keyboard/Trackpad or a external USB-KB/Mouse don't work. With a patched Installer it gets stuck on the OSX Welcome-screen ....

12. TMRJIJ thread starter macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

Due to severe weather that occurred in my area resulting in a power outage, OSXE 1.3 Beta 2 has been delayed to tomorrow. Apologies to the inconvenience.

13. Wolwerine macrumors regular

Wolwerine

Hy, friend, i now this can be a dummy question,,but,, to be able to get El Capitan Beta we must subscribe to mac developers? they ask lots of questions, i would love to trie El Capitan Beta on my other Mac,,old but better one, better CPU ( Duo 2 Core 2,93GHz ) and better Graphics ( Nvidia GT 1Gb),, can you tell me if as a singular person i can subscribe as un developer? thanks in advance.

14. Superhai macrumors 6502

Superhai

Of course, but you need to answer the most difficult question. Will you be willing to part $99 (or eqv) for this pleasure?
    I would wait until the public beta in this case.

15. TMRJIJ thread starter macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

It is best to wait until the Public Beta in July. We should have a working version of OSXE and guide by then.

16. TMRJIJ thread starter macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

OS X Extractor 1.3 Beta 2 and MacPostFactor 1.0 (not 0.3 nor 0.2b2 as suggested by a tester) will be released later today. OSXE 1.3b2 will address the boot.efi issue. MPF may not support OS X El Capitan yet.

17. vista980622 macrumors 6502

Mind sharing your wallpaper?

18. TMRJIJ thread starter macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

Here you go ;)
    Blue Mountains.jpg

19. TMRJIJ thread starter macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

Here is OS X Extractor v1.3 Beta 2​

Here is OS X Extractor v1.3 Beta 2. It is for Developers and people who can diagnose their Macs if something goes wrong.

A OSXE update is recommended to assist you in installing OS X El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks on your old Mac. Also, by updating the system software of your server, you can enjoy various additional features and enhanced security. Always use to the latest version.
    Never download this from any other provider. All links must be from these forums or directly from our server. This is to ensure that nothing was tampered with and that you have the most reliable and tested stuff.

This Update Includes:
    • Boot.efi fixed
    • Addresses issue where some Macs are not able to complete installation (View Guide for more info)
    • Bug Fixes

Other features added in Beta 1:
    • Support for OS X 10.11 El Capitan
    • New Structure with Installer
    • Smarter Requirements Checker that can detect the OS X Installer App
    • More Comprehensive Installation Type
    • Smaller Installer Size (up to 20% lighter)
    • Bug Fixes
    Developer Focus Area:
    • Installing OS X El Capitan
    • Kexts
    • General Reliability
    • Rootless Disabling
    • Compatibility with Pacifist app
    • EFI32 Based Macs

Download Size: 184 MB

Prerequisites
    Tested Macs listed below. Here are the minimum requirements:
    - Running 10.7 Lion
    - At least 2GB of RAM.
    - A copy of Yosemite or Mavericks in Applications Folder (.app file preferred)
    - 15 GB of free space from USB or HDD Partition.

-MacBook2,x
    -MacBook3,x
    -MacBook4,x
    -MacBookPro2,x
    -MacBookAir1,1
    -MacMini1,x (C2D upgraded)
    -MacMini2,x
    -iMac4,x (C2D can be upgraded)
    -iMac5,x

We DON'T assist with Hackintosh. All private messages/emails involving installing OS X on non-Apple hardware will be redirected to another support team.

How to Use It:
    1. Download OS X Extractor
    2. Install it. Choose a version of OS X to get the correct patches.
    3. Open OS X Hackers in your Applications and view to corresponding guide the OS you choose.

20. Wolwerine macrumors regular

Wolwerine

you right, i didn't now that we had to pay 99 $ for that,,,think is not correct at least for the Mac users, knowing that developers have boost a lot the evolution of systems everywhere in the world,,sad,,but i'll wait for the Beta public,,i can wait a little bit longer,, ;) ;) ;)

21. vista980622 macrumors 6502

22. matteuz, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015

matteuz macrumors newbie

[​IMG] can not find the folder Kernerls and file OSInstall.mpkg modified . it's normal?

23. TMRJIJ thread starter macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

Nope, that is a bug.

24. wolf1734 macrumors member

wolf1734

[QUOTE = "TMRJIJ, poste: 21510911, membre: 878094"]. Non, qui est un bug [/ QUOTE]

hello
    I come to you for help, I made an installer on a USB key el capitan but when I test the instaler on the mac it tells me that the system is already instaler on this computer. If you can tell me how to install it squeezed well. I thank you in advance, best regards

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.