Scratch on Macbook Pro (late 2016)? Is this common?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by birkensocks, May 12, 2018.

1. birkensocks macrumors newbie

Hi all,

As I was cleaning my Macbook Pro (late 2016 with Touch ID) screen today, I noticed there were some small dots and lines that couldn't be wiped off. I noticed they were there beforehand, as they line up with some keys on the keyboard, but didn't think much of it. But today I realized these are scratches and divots in my screen. Of course, this isn't affecting the performance or display of the device - I'm just wondering if there are any other people out there with this issue, and if this is a quality control thing.

Thanks!

2. Audit13 macrumors 68040

Audit13

Maybe something was pressing down on the top carrying while the laptop is being transported?

3. MC6800 macrumors 6502

4. birkensocks thread starter macrumors newbie

Now that I think about it, I remember a time when my friend was sitting on my bag when my laptop was inside. That might be it? Is there anything I can do about it?
    --- Post Merged, May 12, 2018 ---
    What can I do about it?

5. Audit13 macrumors 68040

Audit13

Not sure that you can do anything about the scratch other than replacing the entire screen which would be prohibitively expensive.

6. MC6800 macrumors 6502

No soapbox intended-- the screen can always be replaced. Just saying to not worry about it, as that's a whole lot cheaper.