Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acmfaxxe

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2017
I thought it came back to you also? Other People (me too) did also a recalibrate and it didnt work. Can you check what i write in the post before? When you recalibrate the battery you will find that "LowBatteryLog". What did it say?

Last edited:

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
After updating to 11.2.2, nothing has changed. The standby and usage problem is still there. I’ve tried everything. So annoying because the battery drains faster.

acmfaxxe

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2017
Did you checked the LogFile? It is also "mediaserverd: com.apple.audio.VAD" what drains your battery? (see my post on the other site)

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
My 8 Plus has been doing this since yesterday. Doesn’t seem like the battery is draining any faster, it just seems like a random glitch.

Eduardboon

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
Had this issue on my old X, not on my new one. I do however have the issue that Siri uses 30 percent of my battery today without me even touching Siri.

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
Had this issue on my old X, not on my new one. I do however have the issue that Siri uses 30 percent of my battery today without me even touching Siri.

I have the same issue with Siri. I disabled it in restrictions and that seemed to help. I think this maybe a bug.

Eduardboon

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
Background activity will eat your battery away.

Had 50 hours of standby and 10 usage before I needed a charge though. (used QUIZUP on my iPad and needed to charge that 2 times in a day, stupid addictive app with drain-feature)

ForbiddenApple

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Same issue has started on my iPhone X over the past 2 days. Tried turning auto brightness on/off/on but nothing. Annoying but I haven’t noticed any actual battery drain.

msavic

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
I’m experiencing the same issue on my iPhone 7+ running iOS 11.2.5. It also happens sporadically but when it does happen, the battery drains much quicker.

acmfaxxe

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2017
Did you checked your „LowBatteryLog“ (my post before)? So we can see what the problem is.

Lady11

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2018
Hello,

I have exactly the same problems with my iPhone 7. They replaced it for three times already at the Apple store. That is 3 times in two months.. I did set every ‘new’ phone up as a new one, without using my back up. I also didn’t download any apps the first days and the problem comes back every time after 3 or 4 days! So frustrating!

(The replacement phone before the one I have now had more (hardware) problems that’s why they replaced it again.)

I let the battery die today and watched the log and I have the message like acmfaxxe said. When my phone doesn’t show the stand-by and usage time the same I only have to charge the battery 1 time in two days. If the problem occurs I have to charge it two times a day sometimes.
It happens 3 or 4 times in a week mostly.

My phone is on airplane mode at night. With no WiFi on. And I charge it before I go to sleep. Then when I wake up the battery lost between 12 and 40% when the problem occurs. When it doesn’t occur it has 100% in the morning.

Hope they are going to fix this soon!

ForbiddenApple

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Recalibrated my battery and thankfully that seems to have fixed the issue. Just annoying it happened in the first place!

acmfaxxe

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2017
I think "recalibrating" the battery, restart or hardreset the iPhone will have the same effect. It will only temporaly fix the issue. The "mediaserverd: com.apple.audio.VAD" service will crash maybe again. Recalibrating effects the same like a restart or hardrest. The iPhone will reboot and reloads the service...

So next time it happens dont waste time with recalibrating and do an simple restart : )

Hope the issue will be fixed in the next update. So far for me all seems fine with 11.2.5.

Lady11

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2018
I think "recalibrating" the battery, restart or hardreset the iPhone will have the same effect. It will only temporaly fix the issue. The "mediaserverd: com.apple.audio.VAD" service will crash maybe again. Recalibrating effects the same like a restart or hardrest. The iPhone will reboot and reloads the service...

So next time it happens dont waste time with recalibrating and do an simple restart : )

Hope the issue will be fixed in the next update. So far for me all seems fine with 11.2.5.

By me the problem persists under 11.2.5.

This night my phone lost 12% when he was in airplane mode and WiFi was disabled. I went to sleep and then the phone was 100%. Yesterday it lost 27% in the night, also when in airplane mode with WiFi disabled and a full battery before I went to sleep.

A restart doesn’t fix it for me neither. I did a soft reset yesterday but it’s here now for three days in a row.

And clean install and not using a backup also won’t work.

Maybe they fix it in iOS 12 ;-)

acmfaxxe

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2017
By me the problem persists under 11.2.5.

This night my phone lost 12% when he was in airplane mode and WiFi was disabled. I went to sleep and then the phone was 100%. Yesterday it lost 27% in the night, also when in airplane mode with WiFi disabled and a full battery before I went to sleep.

A restart doesn’t fix it for me neither. I did a soft reset yesterday but it’s here now for three days in a row.

And clean install and not using a backup also won’t work.

Maybe they fix it in iOS 12 ;-)

Thats sucks... Then maybe it will also come back for me. Did you report this to Apple as a bug? Hope they will fix it with 11.3 :).

Lady11

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2018
Thats sucks... Then maybe it will also come back for me. Did you report this to Apple as a bug? Hope they will fix it with 11.3 :).

Where can you do that? Report it as a bug?

They only replaced my iPhone 3 times. Said it was a hardware problem. But I can’t imagine that it is hardware. Because I had it with 4 iPhone 7’s.

acmfaxxe

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2017
Where can you do that? Report it as a bug?

They only replaced my iPhone 3 times. Said it was a hardware problem. But I can’t imagine that it is hardware. Because I had it with 4 iPhone 7’s.

You can report it for example here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

and there is also an Apple Forum.

Yes that isnt a hardware bug. Its a bug in iOS 11 or other software.

Reactions: LoveToMacRumors

applewatch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
NorCal

XCELVINX

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2018
Germany
You can report it for example here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

and there is also an Apple Forum.

Yes that isnt a hardware bug. Its a bug in iOS 11 or other software.

That means the battery time is the same with this bug? yes right? :S

----- Update -----

I checked my battery usage when the phone is in Standby and it seems like normal...

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-30 um 09.30.39.png

Last edited:

acmfaxxe

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2017
Yes when this bug happens usage and standby time are the same (settings -> battery) and the battery drains faster. A restart will fix it temporaly.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
First link was created on December 9th 2017. This current thread we're in was created on November 16th 2017.

The last link is literally just this thread you linked to.
Things get moved and merged at times and that's what seems to have happened in this case--my reply that you quoted was posted in a recent thread on the topic that was created to link to existing threads about it all, and at some point that thread seems to have gotten merged into one of the earlier threads (one of the ones that I also linked to), while my post has remained in it all as part of the merge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.