Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
WTF was that charge all about? They charge me $15 for a full price iPhone. I paid full price for it. I shouldn'pay any upgrade fee. I'm not even doing anything with my current plan. This is ridiculous. IRATE.

segrobja

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
NYC
Oh. They are getting a call from me. I spent $1000 to buy the phone outright from Apple. Nothing is changing with my plan. All I am doing is taking my current SIM and moving it. Exactly what AT&T is doing to deserve $15? Also, if my phone is locked that will be another call.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Oh. They are getting a call from me. I spent $1000 to buy the phone outright from Apple. Nothing is changing with my plan. All I am doing is taking my current SIM and moving it. Exactly what AT&T is doing to deserve $15? Also, if my phone is locked that will be another call.

Took the words out of my mouth... Tell me what you do if u get lucky. I'm calling them too.

Reactions: Jumpie

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
The fee is absolute horse poop. I paid off my phone and entered into a new next plan...there's nothing to activate on their side.

This is my third next plan. This has never happened before

It wasn't on the invoice from Apple but if I see it on my next phone bill, I'll politely call ATT and remind them that T-Mobile does no such thing (hint hint).

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
i better not have to call.... it's part of my FAN to not pay activation along with my 25% discount....

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
I mean the unlocked version. They're all the same and should work on AT&T. The one that says "T-Mobile Sim Free". Don't let AT&T get over with that bogus charge.
Oh I'm on the phone now on hold...

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
I think I've done the chat on their website regarding the fee and they waive it every time. though previous times were $39 IIRC? if you pay for it outright, no reason for them to charge you. though like everyone is saying, nickel and dimming.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
FWIW, VZW is worse at nickel and diming you

Even my bank of which I have multiple accounts with rather large sums of funds in charged me $3 to look at a deposit slip on my online account. The banks have to image this stuff anyway, the idea they would charge me $3 to look at it ticks me off!

Seems to be the norm these days.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
FWIW, VZW is worse at nickel and diming you
I really think they all are.

I was recently intruiged by J. Legere's latest "uncarrier" ideas of cancelling ETF's, etc., so I wondered over to T-Mo's website to have a look. The amount of "Yeah, but's" was astounding. You've seen for yourself how many ask about cancelling with Big Res or Ma Bell, but then when they see the swath of stipulations, they politely decline. Then there's the issue of 2G data in my stomp in' grounds. Oh well, the price I pay.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
OK so I just finished talking with an AT&T agent and she was nice and understanding. so basically what she said was there's no $15 charge showing under my account at this time but she noted on my account that if there ever was a charge that it should be waived. She said that my account shouldn't be charged because it wasn't an upgrade or it wasn't a NEXT plan and it's paid in full price. I'll wait and see.

segrobja

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
NYC
OK so I just finished talking with an AT&T agent and she was nice and understanding. so basically what she said was there's no $15 charge showing under my account at this time but she noted on my account that if there ever was a charge that it should be waived. She said that my account shouldn't be charged because it wasn't an upgrade or it wasn't a NEXT plan and it's paid in full price. I'll wait and see.
Good to know. I tried calling and my hold time was 15 minutes. I gave up. I have time to follow through with it this week.

Reactions: bronzi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.