Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
UK
So far Sleep Tracking is the only one confirmed to be on AW3.
That's enough for me. I can wash my hands for about 20 secs without a watch cheering me on! I managed to do it ok so far for 40+ years!
[automerge]1593179490[/automerge]
I cannot access the App Store anymore unless I’m on wifi or a cellular connection. It wasn’t like that with WatchOS 6.
Did anyone use the app store anyway? I found it a bit pointless.

Reactions: Lyn2012 and Jxdawg

naparra

macrumors newbie
Hi everyone,

Someone with latest Betas can check if this problem persists?

Briefly, with watchOS 6 is not possible to play synced song or an album on iphone from watch music app.

Thanks!

techspinning

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2015
Brisbane, Australia
Reminders has a new View Options setting and it (finally) hides completed items. Used it today for grocery shopping and a great enhancement.

DFA86616-094D-4279-849D-8FA06F7388AF.jpg
AD6FA0B7-08AB-4742-93A2-36EE5FCF328E.jpg
3CB5E12A-588A-4065-896A-B5616360C9E3.jpg
973C60D0-69F3-4F0C-B077-9764A36C1898.jpg

H-B0mb

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
I’ve got it install on my S4.
is anyone finding their battery draining faster?

I had mine charging until 9.30am. It went down to 24% by 10pm. I got a notification before bedtime to charge it to 30% for sleep tracking. Enabled sleep tracking at 31% but it died after 8am

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England

I had mine charging until 9.30am. It went down to 24% by 10pm. I got a notification before bedtime to charge it to 30% for sleep tracking. Enabled sleep tracking at 31% but it died after 8am

Read this thread. Your answer is there.

Reactions: gwhizkids

besnfrd

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
South Carolina
That's enough for me. I can wash my hands for about 20 secs without a watch cheering me on! I managed to do it ok so far for 40+ years!
[automerge]1593179490[/automerge]

Did anyone use the app store anyway? I found it a bit pointless.
Yes, I do. It's nice to just use the store on my watch to update them.
I get the same message. Even when I am connected to WiFi.
I checked this morning and it's working now. Very odd.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Were there any significant changes to the other watch faces? My dream face is the Modular Compact face, but with three small complications at the bottom rather than a single large one. I assume this still isn't possible.

alien3dx

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2017
My Review

1. You need to install the phone ios 14.
2. Download is weird, phone download take 2 hours then try to download via watch 1 hour
** 100 mbps line.
3. Wash hand-> not work
4. ECG -> still have those inclusive
5. Tachymeter nice too see.
6. Sleep mode-> I yet to sleep sorry
7. Battery health - not sure what to comment because just new.

dsdevries

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2009
This is weird. For the first few days, may battery was draining much faster than usual. But today suddenly battery life seems to be on par, if not batter than WatchOS 6!
I charged my series 3 this morning to 100%, and now 10 hours later its down to 90%.

Reactions: palemonkey

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
This is weird. For the first few days, may battery was draining much faster than usual. But today suddenly battery life seems to be on par, if not batter than WatchOS 6!
I charged my series 3 this morning to 100%, and now 10 hours later its down to 90%.

I could be because of WatchOS 7's indexing? Either way, I'm glad beta 1 has been somewhat optimized.

Jxdawg

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2019
How has y’alls experience been with the new battery health features? I know for the phone it usually takes a week to learn your schedule so I may be ahead a bit here, but does it work? We’re you surprised by the percentage of wear on your battery? Screen shots would also be appreciated!

dsdevries

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2009
How has y’alls experience been with the new battery health features? I know for the phone it usually takes a week to learn your schedule so I may be ahead a bit here, but does it work? We’re you surprised by the percentage of wear on your battery? Screen shots would also be appreciated!
I don’t really use it. I just charge my watch every day right after i wake up in 15min to 100%. This gives me enough juice for when I need to wake up early and my watch needs to last for 2 days. I don’t really need to think about charging my watch just as i don’t need to think about brushing my teeth.

I think the smart charging has more use on my iPhone which I can now safely charge at night.

Stonechenrock

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2017
Melbourne
Is Handwashing limited to USA? Installed Watch OS 7 on my series 4 last night but can’t seem to find it in my settings or as a standalone app. I’m in Canada.
I am in Australia and have the option. It is not in iOS watch app setting but in watch settings on the watch, scroll down to clock area, hand washing should be there

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014

Yep, mine definitely has a draining issue. I’m thinking about repairing and setting up as new. Not sure yet.

jhfenton

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
I have on my S4, and it runs pretty well.
Noticed that all force touch context menus are removed, replaced with either normal settings or long press, like how they did it to iOS.
Makes me think new S6 hardware will not have a force touch display.
That's the assumption: no force touch hardware in the S6.

I do have one question. Under WatchOS 7 beta, does long press work to bring up a force touch context menu? I'm thinking about an apple like Audible, where the only way to access the Chapters/Skip Options/Speed/Delete buttons is with a hard press.

Stonechenrock

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2017
Melbourne
That's the assumption: no force touch hardware in the S6.

I do have one question. Under WatchOS 7 beta, does long press work to bring up a force touch context menu? I'm thinking about an apple like Audible, where the only way to access the Chapters/Skip Options/Speed/Delete buttons is with a hard press.
All the apple 1st party apps have been redesigned so that the context menu buttons are now on the main screen, mostly on the bottom or top.
In the stopwatch app, you used to force touch to switch modes, but now you just press screen and it switches, which I am definitely not a fan.
Only place where force touch was 'not removed' is in the watch, where you long press to go to edit and share watch faces.
I personally do not have any third party apps that utilise force touch to bring up buttons so cannot test... and that's probably one of the main reasons apple dropped force touch is because nobody is using it and it makes some buttons hard to discover.

DribbleCastle

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
For anyone who has installed watchOS 7 on Apple Watch series 5. Is the always on display useful in any more first party apps this year?. Maybe the timer for example? Would be huge add for me.

jhfenton

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
I personally do not have any third party apps that utilise force touch to bring up buttons so cannot test... and that's probably one of the main reasons apple dropped force touch is because nobody is using it and it makes some buttons hard to discover.
Thanks. I have quite a few apps that use force touch menus—you may have more than you realize—but Audible is probably the only one that has key functions available only through a force touch menu. Given Audible's speed at updating the app, it may be a long time before I'm able to update to WatchOS 7 if there's no work-around. The Audible app's force touch menu is the only way to delete books transferred to the Watch. Deleting the downloads from the paired iPhone doesn't even delete them from the Watch. I often listen to audiobooks and podcasts while I run, so it is one of the two most important third-party apps on my Watch. (My podcast app iCatcher! also uses a force touch menu in a few places, but they are always secondary functions.)

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
Be careful with this beta. I rebooted my watch holding down both side buttons and the Apple logo appeared for 15 minutes. (Stuck at the Apple logo). After numerous reboots it finally came back up.

not sure what caused it and not wanting to try it again as it might brick the watch.

Reactions: hlfway2anywhere

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
One nice change for the Series 5 AOD on watchOS 7 is the complications are now always live. It used to be that you would have to first tap the screen to wake it up and THEN you could tap the messages icon to enter messages. This could be a little annoying if you didn’t realize that the screen was actually in sleep mode.

Now, even when the screen is in “sleep” mode, tapping a complication brings up the desired app. You no longer have to tap the screen to wake it up first.
[automerge]1593373248[/automerge]
For anyone who has installed watchOS 7 on Apple Watch series 5. Is the always on display useful in any more first party apps this year?. Maybe the timer for example? Would be huge add for me.

Yeah, they’ve made some changes. I never use Timer so I can’t speak to that specifically. However, I use the stopwatch all the time and now the stopwatch complication is updated in sleep mode by the minute. Also, running things in the background doesn’t hijack your sleep mode watch face anymore. Like if you’re listening to a podcast, you will see your chosen watch face in sleep mode and not the blurry “now playing” screen.

Last edited:

DribbleCastle

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
One nice change for the Series 5 AOD on watchOS 7 is the complications are now always live. It used to be that you would have to first tap the screen to wake it up and THEN you could tap the messages icon to enter messages. This could be a little annoying if you didn’t realize that the screen was actually in sleep mode.

Now, even when the screen is in “sleep” mode, tapping a complication brings up the desired app. You no longer have to tap the screen to wake it up first.
[automerge]1593373248[/automerge]

Yeah, they’ve made some changes. I never use Timer so I can’t speak to that specifically. However, I use the stopwatch all the time and now the stopwatch complication is updated in sleep mode by the minute. Also, running things in the background doesn’t hijack your sleep mode watch face anymore. Like if you’re listening to a podcast, you will see your chosen watch face in sleep mode and not the blurry “now playing” screen.

Thanks for the reply. Another poster in a Reddit thread confirmed that the Timer app still uses the digital clock when the screen is ”sleeping”. Sounds like some nice improvements especially with the now playing screen. I’ll have to play around with the complications once I upgrade to see if I can create a workaround for my timer needs.
[automerge]1593376012[/automerge]
Has anyone noticed if the local dictation is notably faster? Does Siri feel faster with WatchOS 7?

pixel_junkie

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2015
Anyone know how to roll it back to the current public. Is there a hard reset option (like on iOS - top/bottom volume -> Power)?

that be me

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
Anyone know how to roll it back to the current public. Is there a hard reset option (like on iOS - top/bottom volume -> Power)?
You can send it to Apple and they'll roll it back for you. Otherwise, nope. You're stuck until the next beta.
Don't quote me on this, but if Apple is launching a public beta for watchOS, there *might* be a way to rollback.

Reactions: hlfway2anywhere
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.